We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
locust trees Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 10/22/2010 8:07:29 AM

LUVR

it seems really odd to me that the locust trees are not known to contain any dmt because they look remarkably similar to the acacia and also bundleflower.

according to the information I have found they do contain a few alkaloids but nothing too exciting, which bums me out because they are everywhere here.

The lack of psycho active plants or knowledge of rather in north america seems highly improbable, I am always on the lookout for suspicious looking plants.

I know they are out there its just a matter of time..... Smile
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Potter
#2 Posted : 11/1/2010 5:59:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Why is this surprising? You do know that Fabacea contains 730 genera and over 19,400 species, with only a small handful actually being "interesting". Acacia is an entirely different genus from Gleditsia triacanthos.

Maybe you don't read much, but the knowledge of psychoactive plants in North America is rather large and reasonably well studied, there are pleanty of active plants, alas most of them simply don;t compare to ones found elsewhere.

Dale Pendell would be a good start.

cker
#3 Posted : 11/1/2010 8:47:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was curious about locust trees as well. I do think they look like mimosa but actually, they are not even in the same family. Black Locust trees are a member of the pea family (because they fix nitrogen into the soil):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinia_pseudoacacia

To make things a little more confusing, the latin name for Black Locust trees is: Robinia Pseudoacacia

That makes one wonder if there might be some bio-chemistry traits in common with other Acacia's. The answer is no.

keep looking....and I will also.
...cker

Magicman
#4 Posted : 11/2/2010 2:10:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude they are in the same family as mimosa aren't they?Fabaceae? Doesnt really matter though.

Chimp Z
#5 Posted : 8/6/2014 4:52:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gleditsia Triacanthos may contain DMT in its roots.
Was surprised to find in Trouts Notes on Some Simple Tryptamines, they had a positive TLC binding for DMT in the Honey Locust, which is more common than Acacias cultivated in North America.

Chimp Z
#6 Posted : 8/6/2014 6:03:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gleditsia Triacanthos may contain DMT in its roots.
Was surprised to find in Trouts Notes on Some Simple Tryptamines, they had a positive TLC binding for DMT in the Honey Locust, which is more common than Acacias cultivated in North America.