We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Future vaporist candidate Options

Egzoset
#1 Posted : 10/21/2010 9:39:55 AM

Vaporist of Borg

I'm registering here to search the site about heat guns, vaporisation, salvia divinorum and bags. Vaporizers don't seem to be appropriate and salvia is said to be so potent i wouldn't consider anything less than a bag for maximum control over the dosage... There are stories on the internet relative to the items mentioned above but not in this combination, is it possible that's for a reason? Well, i thought i may need to get information so here i am!

Smile

Perhaps it would be a good idea to tell about my own story but there isn't much to say. I quit all smoking about three years ago (fifteen for tobaco). Recently moved to a new town, i became aware of the presence of a smoke shope in my city and am growing curious as i discover many things i never heard of when i first heard about hashish decades ago. I'd rather not wait until i'm sixty to get updated so that's how i came to read these specialized forums. One more thing which might be appropriate to mention is that i happen to experience intense tension headaches from time to time so i'm begining to wonder if i wasn't better when i was smoking. That was years ago, the world is changing and now people talk about salvia and what not and hence i'm sort of back to school again trying to figure what they're talking about as a result.

A local distributor informed me i could get a Steinel HG3002LCD from him but i read it's a discontinued model. Maybe i'll need to shop around somewhat further so i decided it was worth it to register here and read for a while before i make any purchase. It's possible the site isn't much about hardware, we'll see. I have time.

Cool

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Egzoset
#2 Posted : 11/11/2010 8:09:25 AM

Vaporist of Borg

I've been thinking this out for a while (on another board) and it turns out the heat gun scenario isn't going to be adequate for me. There's a vaporizer which is simple in design and hence it sells below the 100 $ mark but it's not exactly what i'm looking for neither: the VapBong. I was contemplating the possibility to use a hemp wick candle with it but i begin to doubt this would suffice for salvia divinorum. Here's the sort of modification i imagined might be required to boost the VapBong's efficiency high enough to handle salvia:

(Hypotetical modified vaporizer vs The Original VapBong)

:idea:

That "booster" addition would be shaped like Archimede's screw conveyor somewhat, except nothing but air moves here. The artificially elongated air path would help to accumulate a sufficient amount of energy inside the tube to evaporate salvia divinorum at the required temperature, but that's only a theory. A tiny stainless steel ribon should do the trick, it wouldn't be very complicated to modify a VapBong as shown above. As a bonus the metalic helix might also behave like a heat exchanger relatively to the vapor about to exit through the center tube.

Anyway, even if this were proved to work i have another problem to resolve: salvia divinorum is a potent herb and even minute doses can cause unattended effects, so it seems... Direct draw is NOT an option as far as i'm concerned, which means i must resort to the use of bags or abandon the idea of vaporizing salvia all together.

Really, i wish there were appliances capable of vaporizing salvia with a satisfying degree of control but i noticed that ordinary brands/models often come at an astronomic cost already... Few of those can even reach suitable temperatures and i suspect that those which do might have their lifespan significantly shortened because of the excessive heat not normally encountered when only dealing with cannabis or such.

I created an animation of what would be the ideal salvia divinorum vaporizer for me:

This was posted elsewhere and i can't say i was successful at collecting any feedback on the matter so far...

So... I'm back to square one i guess.

Confused

gibran2
#3 Posted : 11/11/2010 5:07:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Why not just use a bong with water in it? I use a mini-bong with water for salvia and it works great. The smoke is not harsh. If you are concerned about controlling your dose, then weigh it. This is what I do, and I’ve never had any problems.

If you’re using a good quality extract (I make my own 20X), you’ll only need about 18-25mg for a breakthrough – there’s actually very little smoke produced.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Egzoset
#4 Posted : 11/11/2010 7:06:48 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Hi Gibran2,

One of the reasons why i've quit smoking was because my lungs couldn't stand it anymore, the other being that it often initiated headaches when i didn't have one already.

I've learned about vaporization only very recently. Of course i could try to filter the smoke with a water bong but there's just no smoke involved when vaporizing to begin with, not to mention the fact that vaporists don't burn their precious herbs in the process: they prefer to inhale it instead! This would be perfect for me, i think, and i've also discovered that salvia divinorum can be bought legally in smoke shops, on top of that...

As i wrote in my initial introduction post, i'm back to school here. Most certainly i've got quite some more information to acquire but the one thing i know with certainty is that i've quit smoking definitively.

I'm grateful for your will to assist nonetheless, thank you for using some of your time to share a few thoughts with me!

Smile

Egzoset
#5 Posted : 11/17/2010 9:00:35 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Is the proton immortal? Can the human spirit be captured to be put in a bottle? Why does the turtle have four legs when only three is plenty?

Stop

Phantastica
#6 Posted : 11/18/2010 12:12:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Egzoset wrote:
Is the proton immortal?

everything is immortal
Egzoset wrote:
Can the human spirit be captured to be put in a bottle?

would make a nice genie...like vapor genie?
Egzoset wrote:
Why does the turtle have four legs when only three is plenty?

the extra leg makes it go faster
Razz
<3

Egzoset
#7 Posted : 11/18/2010 1:10:05 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Hummm...

Everything?

There sure is a clever foundation to this statement and yet absolutely everyone finds out that they are an exception to this rule, eventually... Well, if that rule applies to them at all, euh... Perhaps the Genie of the sauna room would be able to enlighten us with his Lotus, provided that he can reach his turttle table (on top of which he put it) before it grows a fifth leg!

Stop

jackstraw
#8 Posted : 11/18/2010 1:37:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Egzoset, have you looking into chewing the leaves? takes more time and plant but it wont screw your lungs. Im sure you can find fresh leaves somewhere and they are alot more mellow 20x is pushing it some times i prefer whole leaf or 5x. which brings about another question anyone ever tried chewing extract? a little 5x would probly be easyer then 13 leaves but never heard of it

Ice House
#9 Posted : 11/18/2010 2:49:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Phantastica wrote:
Egzoset wrote:
Is the proton immortal?

everything is immortal
Egzoset wrote:
Can the human spirit be captured to be put in a bottle?

would make a nice genie...like vapor genie?
Egzoset wrote:
Why does the turtle have four legs when only three is plenty?

the extra leg makes it go faster
Razz

The extra leg makes it go faster? Absolutely not!!! BS, No Way Jose!

four legs ensures the turle can crawl straight ahead. If the turtle only has three legs, when he tries to crawl he just goes in a circle.

Thus... the extra leg is needed so that the turtle stays on course.

If you dont believe me, then just take a turtle and cut one leg off and see what happens.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Egzoset
#10 Posted : 11/18/2010 7:18:49 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Hi JackStraw,

The local smoke shop advertises extract-enhanced Salvia Divinorium as incense so i'm ready to bet it's not fresh but i can't tell for sure. Anyway, my initial intent was to vaporize it but i doubt these people can offer me any proper vaporizer setup.

I've tried some e-Mail correspondance with businesses established in other provinces and their vaporizer selections typically target selected deluxe customer niches only (glorified Volcano units, ioLites and the like, whatever) - which i find somewhat funny because i've read somewhere that these expensive vaporizers don't work well with Salvia Divinorum (if not just fail completely), while other posts say its fine! Go figure.

Confused

In fact, the information i could gather so far often sounds contradictory: the vaporization temperature ranges appear to vary according to who's writing the article sometimes and chances are i'd be burning my herb before its active agent(s) ever started to vaporize! Smoking is not an acceptable alternative for me. I'm not going to be the type of guy who "vapes" early when getting up, then vape again and again until the last hit on route to bed...

Right now i'm "clean" and absolutely vapor-virgin. There's no hurry in my case, as you can imagine, and it is said that it's the smoke which is most adictive rather than the active substance itself. More than ever vaporization is the foundation of my little quest as a result. Finding a suitable apparatus is only a begining, if i'm not mistaking Salvia is so potent i don't want to mess with its dosage: so i guess one could say i'm still in the "planning phase"!

Rolling eyes

Egzoset
#11 Posted : 11/18/2010 7:26:21 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Hi Ice House,

A starfish has five legs but it's not fit for a marathon.

In any case, what about six legs? Or height?

Pleased

Explorateur
#12 Posted : 11/19/2010 1:29:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why you don't try to use the technique described here : http://www.shroomery.org...wflat.php/Number/5845605
The guy is using an heatgun with the "volcano valve set". You'll have a vapor bag and it will be close to the ideal salvia vaporizer that you've described.

Egzoset
#13 Posted : 11/19/2010 6:49:04 PM

Vaporist of Borg

The Steinel HL 2010 Electronic Heat Gun is EXACTLY what i ordered about ten days ago but the reseller contacted me afterwards to cancel, probably because he must have realised that his collegue (working for the same company but in another city) had a price tag something like twice as high for the very same product. I made both guys verify their cost and they both chose to stick to their respective versions...

My conclusion is that Quebec is a town lost somewhere in a part of the 3rd-world where digital heat guns come form planet moron, in the vincinity of a... aHummm... Black hole! Hence the need to look for a Plan-B!

Egzoset
#14 Posted : 11/20/2010 2:28:16 AM

Vaporist of Borg

I mourn tonight, thinking of my two loves which disapeared brutally.

Rememberances come back to me as i recall their reaction the last time i told them my love!

That day i mumbled « i love you so much », « you're the sunshine of my life » (i almost sang it, actually)...

It happened after i gave them both a glass of water and left, the next day i found them dying.

Crying or very sad

It's like they commited suicide. I had given them warmth and care but my efforts didn't suffice somehow!

There was nothing i could do when i found them: they were both limp already and their leaves had turned brown...

Oh my beatiful bacopa sisters, i loved your delicate colours so much!!! You will be missed.

Stop

Egzoset
#15 Posted : 11/23/2010 6:12:39 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Ah! comme la neige a neigé! Ma vitre est un jardin de givre...

Egzoset
#16 Posted : 3/3/2011 8:56:55 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Finally i've made my move and got myself initiated to vaporizing with this on Valentine day:

Cool

Egzoset
#17 Posted : 4/23/2011 3:42:06 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Since my "initiation" to vaporizing i've also experimented with "reclaiming", i'd never have been able to do that if i had been a smoker.

Egzoset
#18 Posted : 7/27/2011 2:08:47 AM

Vaporist of Borg

And now i'm well under way to grow some cannabis of my own.

Doesn't she know how to take over a stage all by herself?!! Smile

Jugdish Jugemu
#19 Posted : 7/27/2011 3:12:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Egzoset wrote:
And now i'm well under way to grow some cannabis of my own.

It warms my heart to see that you've started to develop your true "green" thumb, it is easily one of my favorite hobbies.

Egzoset
#20 Posted : 7/27/2011 4:48:31 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Thank you Jugdish Jugemu!

A large part of my satisfaction comes from capturing changes using a camera. It started with this:

...and now look what i have today:

Cool

N.B.: These seeds were germinated at a 2 weeks interval, which is why the resulting plants aren't the same size...

Honnestly, i find that's a great hobby for me. For example, yesterday i believe i've detected the very 1st signs of my older plant showing its sex and i must confess i was excited quite a bit: it's the next best thing after pampering a pet i'd say!!

Call me a phytophile, i love it!... Wink

12NEXT