We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tryptamines in non Psilocbye mushrooms Options

bringeroflight
#1 Posted : 10/21/2010 3:08:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone know about the tryptamine content of mushrooms besides Psilocybes? swim wonders if there might be DMT, or such related compounds requiring an maoi for psychoactivity in edible mushrooms. He'd bioassay on himself, but.. he'd rather see what people have to say about it.. at least to start.
I am awake in a dream called reality.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 10/21/2010 4:25:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

During my extensive research I can't remember to ever have seen any other tryptamines mentioned as being in mushrooms than psilocin, psilocybin, baeocystin, norbaeocystin and serotonin. Baeocystin and norbaeocystin are analogs of psilocybin found in trace quantities in mushrooms that also have psilocybin and psilocin.

Baeocystin is active and norbaeocystin is likely to be, but hasn't been researched. Serotonin does not cross the blood-brain-barrier, so mushrooms containing this tryptamine is therefore inactive, even with a MAOI.

I would be highly interested to be proven wrong, but I doubt any other tryptamines that may be psychedelic have been identified in mushrooms, edible or not.

bringeroflight
#3 Posted : 10/21/2010 4:42:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It seems that no one has so far managed to isolate any tryptamines from mushrooms besides those ones.. but there may well be others still to discover. I might just try a gram or two with some rue and see what happens some day. Why not? It's one way to be fairly sure. Wouldn't that be incredible if it actually worked?
I am awake in a dream called reality.

Recycled_Solvent
#4 Posted : 11/9/2010 9:47:59 PM

James

Because the harmala alkaloids in syrian rue will potentiate the mushrooms, you won't know what is in it, you'll end up very confused.

Psilocybin, serotonin and DMT all have a tryptamine backbone with an amine at one side.

"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."

imPsimon
#5 Posted : 11/10/2010 3:18:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did anyone ever try to extract the psilocybin and eat "the rest", does it give any effect?
How bout eating the rests with a "rima", maybe the alkaloids left might give some effect.
Baeocystin anyone?

alzabo
#6 Posted : 11/11/2010 12:21:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Major props to anyone who can extract pscilocybin without extracting Baeocystin along with it.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Kao
#7 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:32:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
I would be highly interested to be proven wrong, but I doubt any other tryptamines that may be psychedelic have been identified in mushrooms, edible or not.

I came across this recently.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 11/11/2010 3:30:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Well, you have the sclerotia from all claviceps strains ofcourse. Technically speaking it isn't realy a mushroom, but it's a fungus that looks like a mushroom.