We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
African Dream Root Dose Options

nn-DMT
#1 Posted : 10/20/2010 7:48:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some powdered African dream root and was wondering what a normal dose would be. I have searched extensively online and found a vast range of dosages, so I am consulting the nexus Smile.

Also what are your thoughts on encapsulating powdered ADR? or should I froth it in water?
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ouro
#2 Posted : 10/21/2010 8:40:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

which type do you have? I understand there are several different african dream roots, silene capensis and something kirkii being the ones I commonly see for sale. Luckily, I think they have similar preparation. There is a good thread by Phlux- around here about the traditional preparation of these roots (frothing and eating foam) but that never worked for me with prepowdered kirkii root or whole silene capensis, feshly shredded. I also have very hard water which supposedly keeps soapy things from foaming, so it may not be the products fault. At any rate, I've had good success by cold steeping ground up material for 1 - 24 hours and filtering through a coffee filter, 200 - 500 mgs worth per dose, drank in the morning 0.5+ hours before eating. The traditional usage that I've read about doesn't involve ingesting any of the plant solids, and I think that its wise to follow suit. I was very pleased with the effects, I hope it treats you well also Smile

nn-DMT
#3 Posted : 10/22/2010 4:06:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ouro wrote:
which type do you have? I understand there are several different african dream roots, silene capensis and something kirkii being the ones I commonly see for sale. Luckily, I think they have similar preparation. There is a good thread by Phlux- around here about the traditional preparation of these roots (frothing and eating foam) but that never worked for me with prepowdered kirkii root or whole silene capensis, feshly shredded. I also have very hard water which supposedly keeps soapy things from foaming, so it may not be the products fault. At any rate, I've had good success by cold steeping ground up material for 1 - 24 hours and filtering through a coffee filter, 200 - 500 mgs worth per dose, drank in the morning 0.5+ hours before eating. The traditional usage that I've read about doesn't involve ingesting any of the plant solids, and I think that its wise to follow suit. I was very pleased with the effects, I hope it treats you well also Smile

It's Silene capensis... Thanks for the feedback I will give this method a shot Razz . (My water is pretty hard too)

ubu
#4 Posted : 10/22/2010 8:01:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm reading about Silene capensis and found some great info:

http://www.shaman-austra...639&st=0&start=0
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

nn-DMT
#5 Posted : 10/23/2010 12:28:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:

That IS some good info! thanks!

vampir
#6 Posted : 10/25/2010 5:47:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:

WOW! Thanks for the link!
I've also been looking for some better instructions for Silene usage, but its hard to come across. This is definitely good knowledge as its coming from someone who's experienced with it! Excited to start my experimenting! Smile