We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is limonene really that safe? Options

Mystic Cannibal
#1 Posted : 10/20/2010 4:42:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Check out this link, it has some safety warnings about limonene, specifically about inhalation of it as well, though maybe this stuff isnt pure? it is turpentine it says, but then isnt pure limonene used for paint removal?

http://www.natural-oils....86/citrus_turpentine.pdf

Just thought i should bring that to peoples attention

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jimm
#2 Posted : 10/20/2010 4:53:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This product is not classified as a carcinogen by OSHA, IARC, ACGIH, or NTP. This product has not been shown to produce genetic changes when
tested on bacterial or animal cells. This product does not contain known reproductive or developmental toxins. Prolonged or repeated exposure can
cause drying or dermatitis of skin. Improper storage and handling may lead to the formation of a possible skin sensitizer.

Proposition 65 - California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986
This product is not known to contain any chemicals currently listed as carcinogens or reproductive toxins under California Proposition 65 at levels which
would be subject to the proposition.

SARA Title III (Section 313)
This substance contains no materials subject to the reporting requirements of SARA Title III (Section 313).

Rivea
#3 Posted : 10/20/2010 5:18:40 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I have not yet used my pure stuff for any extractions. I have used PE and DCM for extractions and like their characteristic of easy, clean, and thorough evaporation.

I have used a little d-limonene do an excellent job of cleaning off soot and bugs from my car's paint. It does not remove automotive paint, but it is one hell of a cleaner. I sure as hell would not want to ingest it even with its relatively pleasant odor.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 12/21/2010 3:42:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could skin sensitivities vary and it might be that some people on my allergic? I've had pure limonene in contact with my hands and never encountered any pain or unpleasant symptoms. I've also seen it advertised as a key ingrediant in massage oils which seems a bit odd in this regard.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 12/21/2010 3:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To the op: I dont know about the product you are talking about, but limonene is reasonably safe.. Its ingested in small amounts as food-supplement by some people. But this doesnt mean you should be over-breathing, taking baths in it or drinking a glassfull, of course Very happy

I guess when people say its safe, they mean that, for example, if you have traces of limonene in your dmt fumarate, for example, it wouldnt be a problem to ingest a tiny bit of it, or to breathe a bit while extracting or whatever, while the same couldnt really be said about petrochemicals such as xylene and others.

And yeah, elru, it can irritate one's skin... Though I've noticed this also has to do with one's individual sensitivity. Personally limonene doesnt really iritate much my skin, but I know for some people it does.

soulfood
#6 Posted : 12/21/2010 3:52:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I put 5ml of limonene in my mouth once and gave it a good swirl then swallowed. No burning or anything... well other then the weird sensation of having a mouth full of oil. Though I imagine if anything citrus related gets into broken skin it's going to tingle a bit.

I don't think larger amounts of any oil is a good idea for consumption though, but even getting xylene on your hands isn't really a big deal. Just don't lick your fingers afterwards until they've had a good wash.

I certainly don't get woozy using it indoors which can't be said of other solvents, though I find heating limonene can be a bit nasty if the fumes are inhaled.

kyrolima
#7 Posted : 12/21/2010 4:19:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make sure it's pure.
elusive illusion

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 12/22/2010 4:03:57 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Threads like this (and the one where the dude was claiming that pickling lime couldn't be food safe because it burned his skin when he used his bare hands to work with it Rolling eyes ) really make me question whether people actually look up the definition of "food safe" or understand what the relative safety of food safe chemicals is compared to their counterparts...

Granted, this thread isn't on the level of some of the ones I've seen, but still...it's a manufactured chemical, it's not going to be safe to ingest along the lines of water...people should be aware of what's in the stuff they're using and always take proper precautions regardless of the relative safety of the chems they are using.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Rivea
#9 Posted : 12/24/2010 12:56:16 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Threads like this (and the one where the dude was claiming that pickling lime couldn't be food safe because it burned his skin when he used his bare hands to work with it Rolling eyes ) really make me question whether people actually look up the definition of "food safe" or understand what the relative safety of food safe chemicals is compared to their counterparts...

Granted, this thread isn't on the level of some of the ones I've seen, but still...it's a manufactured chemical, it's not going to be safe to ingest along the lines of water...people should be aware of what's in the stuff they're using and always take proper precautions regardless of the relative safety of the chems they are using.

Just because it smells so nice does not mean that it will not harm you. I've said it before. d-limo is great for leaving the paint on my white car but for removing tar and bugs. I would not even consider putting it into my mouth never mind swallowing it.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...