We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Method for dosing without mg scale Options

bringeroflight
#1 Posted : 10/20/2010 3:12:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

swim has a regular scale that measures in 0.1g and plans to measure 1g of DMT fumarate, and then dissolve in 100ml of water. If his math is correct, 5ml of that solution should contain around 50mg of DMT fumarate. Does this sound like a safe/accurate method of dosing? swim has been well-warned against the dangers of eye-balling and won't be attempting that.

Unfortunately, swim invested in one of those horrible Chinese mg scales, which didn't show for almost 2 months, and then stopped working for him after 3 days following arrival (the display constantly reads 'FULL'Pleased. So this is the only method he can think of for a journey in time for Halloween. Thoughts?
I am awake in a dream called reality.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 10/20/2010 3:19:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

skullhuman wrote:
5ml of that solution should contain around 50g of DMT fumarate. Does this sound like a safe/accurate method of dosing? s Thoughts?

i assume you mean 50mg not 50g. sounds to me to be a safe and fairly accurate method. good idea.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

bringeroflight
#3 Posted : 10/20/2010 3:26:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.. if only it were that easy to multiply one's spice stash by 1000x's. Thanks!

Any other opinions on this?

The Centre
#4 Posted : 10/20/2010 9:10:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds good, but I'll use more water than that to make dosage easier. Say a gram in 1lt. Then 50mg is 50ml, 1ml per 1mg. Just make sure to shake the water before pouring to make sure you have an even mix.

bringeroflight
#5 Posted : 10/21/2010 1:20:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

But then I'll need a way bigger container.. and it'll take up more fridge space.. but it would indeed be even more accurate.. hmm..

jmaxton
#6 Posted : 10/21/2010 5:41:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skullhuman wrote:
But then I'll need a way bigger container.. and it'll take up more fridge space.. but it would indeed be even more accurate.. hmm..

I'm not sure that more water would have any effect at all on accuracy of the dose. As long as your initial weight is inaccurate, any diluted dose will be proportionally inaccurate. Don't get me wrong, the dilution approach is a good one, but adding more water and then taking a proportionally larger dose will not improve accuracy. Maybe I'm missing something...

-JM

bringeroflight
#7 Posted : 10/22/2010 4:50:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, it might. It's a little easier to measure 50ml water accurately than 5. There's also a greater margin for error with more water used. swim also wonders if the spice water will eventually go bad.. think he should keep it in the freezer?

jmaxton
#8 Posted : 10/22/2010 4:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skullhuman wrote:
Well, it might. It's a little easier to measure 50ml water accurately than 5. There's also a greater margin for error with more water used.

With all due respect, I'm not clear on why 50ml would be easier to measure than 5ml if appropriate containers are used. Do you have a graduated cylinder? Either way, the amount of actives in your hypothetical 50ml dose would be the same as in the hypothetical 5ml dose. If your initial measurement is inaccurate, dilution will not fix that. Not trying to be a dick, but if you want relatively accurate (and repeatable) measurements I suggest buying a decent mg scale and averaging the values of several consecutive weighings of the product. Of course many people are successful without accurate measurements but I'd assume that those people are not very interested in high levels of reliability and repeatability in their experiments. Maybe you're not either, and that's OK. Please, dilute away, but know that if you're set on a particular mg dose, you're likely to miss the mark. Please also be aware that if you find the 'sweet spot' with this batch your next batch may differ. I'm not trying to argue with you, I just want to be clear that the accuracy of your initial measurement directly determines the accuracy of any subsequent measurements in this scenario.

If you use distilled H2O and keep it cold and free of contaminants, I don't see why you couldn't keep your supply in solution for an extended period of time. I'm not a chemist though so take that with a grain of salt. If you go this route, please report back with your results. I'm interested to know how well it keeps over time.

I sincerely hope your journeys are enlightening and fulfilling. Good luck!

-JM

hyperspacing
#9 Posted : 10/22/2010 4:41:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The water dilution is a good idea. It would be much easier to divide it into doses. Trying to eyeball 20 piles of powder would be tough to do evenly.

With a gram I'm guessing you could be off anywhere around 100-200 mg's. When divided that's 5-10mg's per dose it could be off. That's not too bad. Who knows maybe you'll hit 1 gram on the nose with luck. But worst case scenario you will still be close.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

The Centre
#10 Posted : 10/23/2010 7:58:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The thing is, the more water-dmt you use, the more likely your measurements are accurate, whilst it will also be a good idea to use a few grams if you have it available, that way if your 0.1g/0.01g scale is off by 100mg, with 5g of dmt, what difference does that make? Also, the more water you use, the easier it is to just pour a glass and drink it. Do you know exactly how many milligrams is in your ayahuasca? If you want to be able to just pour a glass without any measurement at all necessary, then why not go for a 5lt bottle even. a glass of water is around 250ml, so you get 50mg of spice in a glass of water assuming 1g of spice is used. You can use a 2lt bottle if you are worried about fridge space. 2lt isn't that much fridge space, I mean, it is the same as a bottle of cola. 1lt is perfect if you have something that will measure 1ml increments, that way you can be accurate to a mg if you are confident with your 1g weight.

bringeroflight
#11 Posted : 10/24/2010 2:33:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i see jmaxton's points, they've been clear from the beginning. but there's surely a greater allowance for error with more liquid used. sorry, it was kind of unclear to have said that it's easier to weigh 5ml compared to 50.. not necessarily the case, it's just that it gives one a greater error margin to work with.

speaking of greater error margins, the suggestion of diluting larger amounts at a time is excellent.. indeed, if one is off the mark by 100-200mg, it won't make much difference in that much water. that should take the edge off whatever inaccuracies there may be. i think swim will test with about 2.5g DMT fumarate:2.5 L water.