We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
i think i need a new reference/mentor... Options

I am.
#1 Posted : 10/20/2010 2:30:55 AM

I AM

ok guys. this is a pretty intricate situation so i'll try and keep it in as few paragraphs as possible. i'm extremely hyper verbal so i've to catch myself. feel free to ask questions to better understand the situation. this is about swim's friend, who is more experienced than swim, who swim looked up to and kinda learned some things about the trip from, a mentor. well...swim thinks it's time to find a new one. here goes...

ok. so swim is fairly well versed in lsd. his friernd is very well versed, and a couple years older (he's 30), so swim looks up to him for advice and guidance about the trip when he has quesiotns. well, this friend is the kinda person who likes the dark side of the trip. he plays noise (if you know what that is, you have a better feel for him). he often talks about how all off his friends have quit dosing and look up to him now, seemingly bragging.

swim had a VERY INTENSE trip with his friend two years ago. kept having the thought that this was the last time he could trip. well. swim waited a year and started back playing. fine. no problems. all good. well. swim took another heavy dose with this friend and kept haivng the thought that this was the last time he could trip with this friend (instead of trip in general like last time). swim is VERY spiritual. found jesus in heavy trip and what not.

everytime swim trips (on whatever) he takes something from it and feels better. swim's friend, however, keeps telling swim that he should quit tripping cuz he's had his only breakthrough and now has hit a wall. swim thinks that he can keep dosing and having good trips that can be beneficial to swim's soul. swim thinks his friend is telling him to quit cuz he hit a wall cuz he wants to be the last man standing, so to speak. the wild man who did it the longest. swim's friend keeps telling him that if he keeps tripping, he's gonna start to abondoned his faith and start to question himself. swim thinks that this is what happened to his buddy so his buddy is projecting.

swim wants to keep tripping, especially now that he's tasted the spice but swim also knows that his friend could be right and wants to see what the group thinks. swim really feels taht the trip has benefitted him in a lot of ways and as long as he is responsible and safe, he can continue to do so without any ill effects on my life. so, group, what do you think? i hope this wasn't too long or something i shouldn't have ever posted. swim just wants to hear what others have to say.
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

lonewolf123
#2 Posted : 10/20/2010 2:55:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Only you can say if its right for you or not. Why listen to someone whos living his life in his world? Truly only you know you, so do what you feel comfortable with. But if family starts saying youre starting to act crazy, thats worth questioning.

dropofahat
#3 Posted : 10/20/2010 3:39:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what is to "play noise"?

I am.
#4 Posted : 10/20/2010 3:44:12 AM

I AM

noise is a "genre" of "music" that is very weird, to say the least. it is what the name emplies. noise. of any and all kinds. amplifiers. guitar pedals. synthesizers. screaming. anything that makes a noise. static. very hard to describe but it attracts a very odd crowd. typically people that would be seen as negatvie. they weara lot of black. hang out only at night. not necesarrily goth. most of them are into weird substances. google it, perhaps.

digital_phreedom
#5 Posted : 10/20/2010 3:53:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with lonewolf that only you can end up making that decision for yourself. I say go with your gut feeling on it.. If you are still getting positive results with psychedelics and desire to continue using them, then I don't see any reason to stop now; we all hit walls sometimes I think.

It sounds to me like what you really might want to considering quitting, is spending time with that friend? I don't know him, so I can't say.. but that's the underlying message I get from reading your post.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

athousandeyes
#6 Posted : 10/22/2010 7:47:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

digital_phreedom wrote:

It sounds to me like what you really might want to considering quitting, is spending time with that friend? I don't know him, so I can't say.. but that's the underlying message I get from reading your post.

I agree with phreedom. And about everyone hitting walls sometimes. Buuut, if one is making progress still, dive deeper, eye say!
NowHere.

hyperspacing
#7 Posted : 10/22/2010 9:53:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ill have to agree. Its up to you to decide what's best for you. If you think you can continue to learn and grow from these substances by all means proceed.

Whatever you decide. Goodluck
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

nn-DMT
#8 Posted : 10/23/2010 12:25:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
SWIM's friend keeps telling him that if he keeps tripping, he's gonna start to abondoned his faith and start to question himself.
Is this really a bad thing?
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

d3rf
#9 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:28:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You are your guide my friend Very happy , be a little more confident.... You definitely don't need someone to tell you "how" to trip, what u should be taking from it or even how to interpret what’s going on...As soon as you understand and start to put it in practice the amount of things you take from each experience will grow exponentially... Basically the reason most people choose this method of escape is because they're questioning things and realize there is so much more to our existence than anyone has figured out yet...Not even Mr. Supertripper guy (btw sounds like a very condescending guy and not necessarily someone i would want to share that beautiful experience with)

My advice would be, take a weekend solo camping trip and ponder the universe. That would be such an enlightening experience. Critical thinking is something I feel people do not do enough of, question everything man...Only a fool takes word of mouth for total fact without deeply considering and really contemplating all the possibilities...I've recently come to terms with the fact the even my closest loved ones are vulnerable to brain washing and conditioning...

I am.
#10 Posted : 10/23/2010 2:49:49 PM

I AM

d3rf wrote:
You are your guide my friend Very happy , be a little more confident.... You definitely don't need someone to tell you "how" to trip, what u should be taking from it or even how to interpret what’s going on...As soon as you understand and start to put it in practice the amount of things you take from each experience will grow exponentially
i agree. i believe that it is ridiculous to try and put the trip in a box and tell me how it's going to be from here out. i just know that my ego gets the best of me and makes me not listen to people sometimes, so i wanted to ask the group before i went on my guts, which apparently were right.

d3rf wrote:
My advice would be, take a weekend solo camping trip and ponder the universe. That would be such an enlightening experience. Critical thinking is something I feel people do not do enough of, question everything man...Only a fool takes word of mouth for total fact without deeply considering and really contemplating all the possibilities...I've recently come to terms with the fact the even my closest loved ones are vulnerable to brain washing and conditioning...
again, i agree. i have tripped alone many times and also have other friends i talk to/experience with. it's just other weirdos are sometimes hard to find, so when i do, i bond with them. i question everything. it's funny...his whole mantra is to have an open mind and think for yourself, yet he constantly wants to tell me how to trip. very contradicting. i will stop listening to him, for sure. now that i know that there are those who've gone as far or further than him that are telling me he's bought the trip straight off of the tool cd, ok. he does seem very brainwashed, as though he took a bad turn years ago and got bad advice from someone and took it for truth. i believe there are an infinite number of trips/experiences/paths to take. just wanted to make sure i wasn't getting too big for my britches and disregarding possibly sound advice from someone more experienced than me. i agree with Nietzsche, "a true man of knowledge knows to not only love his enemies but also to hate his friends." i have had many qualms with his advice in the past and have already decided that i can't dose with him anymore. thanks for the help guys. glad that there is a group for me to talk to about this stuff. can't just bring these topics up in sunday school...

GalactivatedMuse
#11 Posted : 10/24/2010 2:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks to me like you may be taking a shift in consciousness? Stop reading or correct me if I am wrong. But, The dark scene might be not as appealing to you? but these are the places where you have made a connection with what seems to be a good friend, but really might just be someone that you have known for a while and it is comfortable to hang out with. You do like certain qualities about this person and could see a great friendship coming in the not too distant future.. But for now you would like to work on personal development?

The light my friend. I say.. yes.. question your self.
Currently pulling stories and knowledge together to start a work of fiction. Anything expressed on the forum is related directly to my dreams, my love for fiction, and my love for information. "The magic is in the mind."

I am.
#12 Posted : 10/24/2010 1:50:23 PM

I AM

GalactivatedMuse...wow. i'd say you hit the nail square on the head. no. the dark scene is not for me. you are right about everything you said, i believe. he's the first real friend i've ever bonded with. he does have a lot of good qualities i admire, but some that i completely disagree with but i am able to accept his flaws and still want to be his friend. i just think that i need to quit dosing with him. i am working on myself, without his "guidance" now because i've learned as much about the trip from him as i think i will ever. now it's time for me to make my own decision about the trip but i don't wanna lose his friendship. altered states bring out the best, and worst, in friends. yeah. i'd say of everyone you just summed up my feelings and thouhgts the best.

Capt_Bones
#13 Posted : 10/24/2010 7:40:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is my two cents, maybe give the L a break for a bit. But not completely declare your done with it, it can be nice to sit on such profound experiences.
Secondly if you have found the spice maybe just use it for a bit.

If you are looking for people with maybe more like minds, try going to a music festival sometime, great place to dose and the atmosphere/ people are incredible.
If you dont like the "music" he listens too .. well that seems like a big problem for tripping right there.

I for one do love noises, but mine are usually the ganzfeld effect (sound of pink noise/ static) or isochronic tracks, but have friends who think they are way to intense for those states of mind.
I turn them off.
just saying...
The D M T is in your mind.