We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
orange waxy spice Options

Vector
#1 Posted : 10/19/2010 2:05:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some guy I follow on twitter recently did a mimosa extraction...for his 2nd and 3rd pulls he decided to freeze the naphtha so the dmt would stick to the walls of the jar. just for kicks, though, he decided to evaporate that naphtha in a glass pan instead of pouring it out somewhere not expecting there to be anything in it. However, once it fully evaporated there was residue and crystals on the pan; when he scraped them with a razor he noticed that they were very waxy and dark orange (the stuff from the first pull and the stuff that was frozen are both white with a slightly yellow tint.).

what is up with this stuff? is it DMT, or is it that mysterious "jungle spice" I keep hearing about? is this stuff safe to smoke, do you think?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 10/19/2010 4:26:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Most likely just DMT and plant oils with maybe a tiny bit of DMT n-oxide.

Vector
#3 Posted : 10/19/2010 4:30:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you for your reply, could i also ask:

are the plant oils what makes the smoke harsh?

also, are plant oils the same thing as "plant fats?"

MelCat
#4 Posted : 10/19/2010 6:04:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure about the plant oils/fats thing.

It kinda seems like any plant "fat" would have to be in some kind of oily / liquid form.

As far as the smoke being harsh... Ya just need to get a vapor genie...

I have a classic and once you get the technique down, it's definitely smooth as silk and no foulness whatsoever.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

rave420
#5 Posted : 10/19/2010 7:54:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

jungle spice is LOVELY!
It's a lot different than the white DMT imho.
The white stuff i like to vaporize, however, the jungle always gets smoked with cannabis on joints. It makes for a pretty interesting afternoon smoke Pleased

my jungle is anything from gooey oily to hard waxy crystalline. The only way to find out is to smoke some. If it has some spice smell to it, fire up a bit and see what it's all about.

Autodidactic
#6 Posted : 10/19/2010 8:42:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you could probably try to recrystalize the goo, you might get a little bit of good DMT out of it.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

soulfood
#7 Posted : 10/19/2010 11:45:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:

It kinda seems like any plant "fat" would have to be in some kind of oily / liquid form.

Well when extracting from mimosa there is very little in the way of fats anyway. However as DMT is quite waxy anyway, traces of oils don't change the consistency all that much, but are very apparent in the colour. The main tell tale sign is a yellowness in the solvent.
[/quote]

psychedeliConquistador
#8 Posted : 10/20/2010 1:28:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you can remove some of the plant oils by pressing it on a stack of coffee filters with the flat side of a razor over and over to work the plant fat into the paper. its still not as pretty as the pure crystals but its a lot better to work with than goo.

soulfood
#9 Posted : 10/20/2010 3:28:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ehm...

read the wiki...

please.