We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
About to do aya for first time, can you check my method of prep? Options

artistofdivine
#1 Posted : 10/18/2010 11:22:26 PM

Sam

Well first, not ayahuasca but an analog with syrian rue and mimosa. I have it coming in the mail and i plan on testing to potency with a 6 gram dose of mimosa with the typical 3g of rue. What i am thinking of doing is simmer the rue in just enough water to cover it (maybe a little more) with a tablespoon of vinegar, for 30 minutes. And while i am doing that i will cover the mimosa with enough water to cover it, probably a little more, with 1 or 2 tbsp of vinegar and bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer and simmer it for 30 - 60 minutes and then strain them both and drink the resulting liquids, rue 15 min before mimosa.

the thing is that i am scared of destroying the dmt with too much heat so should i just simmer it or would boiling be harmless? would i get enough of the dmt out with just one rinse? I've read recipes on the net and some say to boil it for only 20 minutes. i really don't want to have to do more than one 30-60 minute rinse. also is my vinegar amounts right? i dont have a ph meter/strips but i just figure that a tbsp or 2 would be enough to slightly acidify it.

I also read that sometimes it just doesn't work. is there any specific reason that it doesn't work sometimes? i want to ensure that i do it right and it works so i don't get disappointed and waste my time.
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 10/19/2010 12:59:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

i have no experience with rue but i can answer a few q's here.

2 table spoons of vinegar in 1 gal distilled h20 will have a ph of 3.4.
heat from water boiling will not destroy the dmt. dry heat is a different story. boiling is harmless as far i know.
6g mimosa would be way too much for me. im not sure if rue makes a difference but maybe check that dosage out with some other folks.
happy travels
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

mistmann
#3 Posted : 10/19/2010 1:11:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

most of the post i read have 3 cycles, min of 1 hour max of 4 most people say for max exp you needs to boil for 3 hrs, then add to a pot and simmer in a seperate pot, to reduce the water level. as far as the mhrb goes, 5g is a strong does, 3g is normal, 2 is for beginners. but if you dont wanna love the rue i would say at least do 3 cycles for 30 min boils and reduce. thats just me. other then that you have the right idea, the only reason i can think that it would not work is if you dont get a strong enough dose of maoi.

artistofdivine
#4 Posted : 10/19/2010 1:35:13 AM

Sam

alright thank you so much for correcting my mimosa dose. one thing i do NOT want to do is jump in the deep end. The thing is that i saw at the shroomery there were some people saying the typical dose is 6-15grams. Probably using weak mimosa or something. Anyways yeah i suppose i will do 2 or 3 cycles at 20-30 minutes each boiling the water. Is it necessarily bad if i use tap water? i read that it just makes it a little more nauseous because of unwanted additives that get concentrated. Oh and one last question, does aya usually cause diarrhea with the vomiting? Thank you so much for your help. The nexus is a such a great site.

digital_phreedom
#5 Posted : 10/19/2010 1:51:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^
Sometimes I've felt a diarrhea type feeling coming on, but it always passes. I have not yet got diarrhea. And in the 8 brews that I've drank so far, of the 4 that turned out successful, I've only vomitted twice.

And for the tap water question, I've mostly read that it's best to use distilled water, because of what you said about impurities becoming concentrated. However I remember one or two posts, at the ayahuasca forums I think, saying that they preferred tap water because they thought that perhaps some of the minerals in it could be good, or aid absorbtion or something. There was no reference, it was just opinion.

Personally, I've used both tap water and distilled water and have noticed no difference.

And yeah, with the Mimosa I'd recommend starting lower.. Just to be safe. I started very low and got no effects however, and have worked my way up to about 10 grams.. But it could either be that I'm not sensitive to it, or a weak batch of Mimosa. So whenever I move on to a new batch of Mimosa, I will be starting small all over again just to be safe.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

artistofdivine
#6 Posted : 10/19/2010 2:24:30 AM

Sam

Cool, thank you. Yeah I think i will start out with 3 grams. Now we just play the waiting game... If it all goes successful and I have an interesting experience i will post it.

digital_phreedom
#7 Posted : 10/19/2010 3:14:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck! And I'd love to hear back about your experience, successful or not.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

mistmann
#8 Posted : 10/19/2010 3:14:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

gl and remember it always fun to ride the kiddy coaster befor you decided to get on the loopdy loo lol

Guille...!
#9 Posted : 10/19/2010 5:52:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The most powerfull expirience i ever had was with only 2 grams of harmala ( in seeds, not powdered, and cook them slow in water for 15 minutes, i mixed it a lot with lemon juice and other juices ) and just 5 grams of mimosa inner root bark powdered, ( 15 minutes slow fire cook with water and many fruit juices ), and i didn't drank the 5 grams, i just took like 4 grams ( i just couldn't take any more of that potion )

As i said, it was a veeery strong expirience for me, i had some overdoses of mushrooms ( because i ate three times a dose ) and i felt really bad back then, but with mimohuasca i remember feeling muuuch worse, just like in hell, not fun at all. I must say that after hell ( throwing up and all those things ) i went to heaven, undiscriptable.

Hope my expirience help!

artistofdivine
#10 Posted : 10/19/2010 10:50:15 PM

Sam

Very interesting guille. I had an experience with harmala alone last night, about 14 grams and lots of dizzyness and tracers. I'm waiting on the mimosa which i think should get here tomorrow. Man at first the tea wasn't that bad, at least i was able to down it with quick gulps, chasing it with coca cola, but after that experience i can't stand the smell of rue, i don't know how i will be able to down the tea next time, i'm probably just going to boil it down to a tar and parachute it or something.

BananaForeskin
#11 Posted : 10/19/2010 10:59:04 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Rue doesn't need quite as much cook time as caapi. Every time I've cooked rue it's been for three boils of 45 minutes, and one boil of 45 minutes for the mimosa. This isn't terribly typical, but it's always been BRUTALLY effective for me (not always for others, tho).
Other have recommended a second boil for the mimosa, and only two for the rue.

And being careful with the mimosa is VERY good advice! Find your sweet spot. Any more than 2 grams is a little too intense for me, about 1 gram is best. I have friends who like a little more, but not much. ms_manic_minxx stated that you should never try more than 3g without EXTENSIVE experience with mimosa. You might get away with 6g if you only did a 20 min boil, but that's because you'd be wasting a lot of the plant material's potential!

As for the runs, I don't think I've ever heard of someone getting loose bowels from rue. That's more of a caapi thing. I've purged only once from rue.

Have you looked at THP? (The Herbal Percolator)

Do so!
¤ø¸â€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸â€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸â€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

artistofdivine
#12 Posted : 10/21/2010 12:57:55 AM

Sam

Thanks for your input banana. I got the mimosa today so tonight i'm going over to my trusted friends house so he can trip-sit me just in case. Last night i boiled some syrian rue seeds and evapped the water to get this tar/powder stuff. Is it possible for harmalas to build a tolerance to the point where it wont work for an maoi? i don't know how much harmala i got but i am fairly certain it is = or greater than what is in 3g of seeds. But the night before last night i had about 14 grams and today i had maybe the same or a little more or less and i didn't get the same effects. Anyways I will be boiling lightly 2.5 grams of mimosa tonight for 45 minutes, and dosing the harmala 20 min before the mimosa. Hope it works!

ms_manic_minxx
#13 Posted : 10/21/2010 1:10:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I may recommend this thread:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=8972

Obviously, ignore everything that refers to the brewing of Caapi explicitly (but do revisit with some vine at a later date, it is quite lovely! Smile ), but you may find some extra things about set and setting useful... like having a Sacred Barf Bucket. I never leave home without one these days.

3g of Mimosa should be the upper limit (usually awesome effects can be hit from 1g alone for many, many hours), especially until you figure out your MAOI threshold. Some think top shelf Mimosa is inactive, when, in reality, it could be a lack of sufficient MAOI; this would be very dangerous to continue increasing admixture without checking the thing that first enables the admixture.

Anyway, happy travels, hope to hear from you again! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

ouro
#14 Posted : 10/21/2010 1:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with the mh advice here... more than 3 grams can certainly send someone into a state of temporary mental illness. As for the cooking, both of those ingredients don't require much time, probably 2 cooks of 30 minutes would do, especially if your starting materials are powderized. Cooking style is a matter of preference too... I think its easier to use a bit of extra water to make filtering easier, and then to reduce some. I suspect with more water the actives will leach out faster/more completely because the concentration of the solution will be lower. I've seen some good results using a spoonful of gelatin for 5gms mimo to get some tannins out also. good luck!

artistofdivine
#15 Posted : 10/21/2010 1:50:11 AM

Sam

So would it be really bad to dose what might be around 5 or 6 grams worth of syrian rue seeds? what could go wrong?

artistofdivine
#16 Posted : 10/21/2010 11:48:47 AM

Sam

Wow... I did it guys. That was pretty powerful. I feel like a lot of work has been done, alot of progress made. Just thought i'd let you guys know. Thanks for all your help and support.

Guille...!
#17 Posted : 10/21/2010 1:52:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey come on dont dare to dont give details of the experience!

Finally how much did you use?

The Centre
#18 Posted : 10/21/2010 2:30:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good on you mate, but hey, give us some details once you have processed it!

artistofdivine
#19 Posted : 10/21/2010 4:18:09 PM

Sam

Well I used 2.6 grams and brewed on a low boil for 45 minutes, strained and drank and i went home and fell asleep and woke up like an hour and a half or two hours later because of a weird dream. It was really weird because the dream was related and tied in somehow but i don't remember the details of the dream but it was like a 'signal' and then i looked at the ceiling and saw some patterns and realized 'oh hey i'm tripping'. But i thought that was going to be it, some minor OEVs and CEVs but i didn't know that i was just coming up. So i closed my eyes and focused on the CEVs cause they were more interesting and geometrical patterns were blooming infinitely from some sort of a pocket of space and all of a sudden i started to see roaches and other nasty bugs, which i absolutely hate bugs so i tried to ignore it and go with the flow but the bugs became too prominent in my visuals. So i realized i was hungry from fasting all day and ate a slice of pie and 2 slices of pizza and then started watching tv. I decided to close my eyes again and this time after what might've been a couple minutes the visuals became quite intense. I don't remember all of it but a couple of things that stuck out were at one point i was laying on my side staring at the wall and a body projected itself from the wall that i was breathing life into and sharing with it, and another point my bed was like an ocean of clouds or something, and there were lots of other interesting stuff going on.
I must say, i was quite surprised by how strong the dose was, even when only brewing it for 45 minutes.
Does oral dmt build up tolerance?

bringeroflight
#20 Posted : 10/22/2010 2:08:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

According to others, no, oral DMT builds no tolerance. Some say redosing on the same amount/same day can be even more powerful than the first trip.
I am awake in a dream called reality.

12NEXT