We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shouldn't Sublingual Theoretically Work w/o MAOI? Options

Global
#1 Posted : 10/18/2010 3:53:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've been thinking about it, and it's unclear to me why one wouldn't be able to successfully take the DMT sublingually and still require an MAOI to feel the effects, because my understanding was that the problems arise with issues of MAO in the stomach. Can someone please help clarify this for me?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 10/18/2010 4:18:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

MAO is all over the body and in the brain, not just the stomach. Also the sublingual route for DMT isn't very effective even well fully MAOI'd.

amor_fati
#3 Posted : 10/19/2010 3:28:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM has reason to believe that sublingual spice is most effective when absorbed in the same part of the body and as shortly after administration of harmaloids as possible. He is also certain that at the very least, the difference between the effects with and without harmaloids is incredibly drastic, as evidenced by his experience with using too little of a harmaloid (<40mg, by his estimates)--from full-on pharma to pharma misfire. Spice may not be at all noticeably active without harmaloids, but SWIM's experience has deterred him from even bothering to try.

Global
#4 Posted : 10/20/2010 2:20:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

In any regard, I tried sublingual with an MAOI a couple days ago, and it was visually not the most fantastic pharma experience I've had, though not entirely disappointing either, but in terms of racing thoughts, emotions and body feelings, it was my most intense pharma experience in that regard.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Espiridion
#5 Posted : 10/20/2010 4:18:18 AM

--who.??..ME??--

I went through a phase of using sublingual spice and found that with a sufficient dose(~100mg) I had some amazing nighttime journeys. I always took it at bedtime and had some of the most powerful journeys ever. They would last 2-3 times as long and I could use it alone or with a harmala(THH or caapi copy, usually). I once flew the span of the galaxy with an entity claiming to be Metatron the angel. The bliss was re-diculous.

Espiridion

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung