We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
mushroom hunting today, here is what i found are any edible? Options

skinwalker
#1 Posted : 10/17/2010 10:41:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just went for a walk deep in the local woods and found these 3 possibly seperate mushrooms growing on the trees. I couldnt find any other mushrooms anywhere. are any of them edible and psyedellic?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

skinwalker
#2 Posted : 10/17/2010 10:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the first one looks very dry and think, kind of like coral.

the second one looks plumb, old, and dirty. its also very hard

the third one looks like a traditional mushroom with a semi unique white plump cap.

gammagore
#3 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:05:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I cant see any pics.

Ginkgo
#4 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are doing this the wrong way. You don't go out mushroom hunting and then return to identify your mushrooms. You learn the apparency and habitat of the most common edible as well as psychedelic mushrooms in your area, and even more important the closest lookalikes, then you go out hunting mushrooms. Captain obvious to the rescue!

L_Starr
#5 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:13:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If your in UK there are i think no psyche mushrooms that grow on LIVING trees.

So what country are these ones found in? even soon look at the habitats that they are found in, the psyche species of mushrooms found in your area.

But in all these are most likley not psyche mush, and just appreciate where they are growing Smile

For them to b edible just make sure you not what your dealing with get an id book, or consult wild life forums. You dont want to get an upset stomach.

"Some thing interesting"

Entheojen
#6 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:14:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am no expert, but I think of any of the psychedelic mushrooms I've read about so far, none of them grow on trees. I think the vast majority don't.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

skinwalker
#7 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats not what i've read several varieties grow on dead tree stumps, thats where all of these were found.

skinwalker
#8 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:22:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcap
#9 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:26:32 PM

illudium Q-36

Evening Glory wrote:
You are doing this the wrong way. You don't go out mushroom hunting and then return to identify your mushrooms. You learn the apparency and habitat of the most common edible as well as psychedelic mushrooms in your area, and even more important the closest lookalikes, then you go out hunting mushrooms. Captain obvious to the rescue!

absolutely correct.

Be really careful guys n gals
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

skinwalker
#10 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:30:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pretty positive the last one is Pholiotas.

skinwalker
#11 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:32:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcap wrote:
Evening Glory wrote:

absolutely correct.

Be really careful guys n gals

why who cares. i only eat what can be identified, who cares if you pick them before or after. there are 6,000 types of mushrooms, you know all of them when you go hunting?? I sure dont.

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:36:36 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Skinwalker,

Listen to the advice given here by several people: FIRST learn how to identify the correct mushrooms, then learn how you can distinguish the lookalikes since thats one of the biggest dangers; thinking you eat a magic mushroom while in fact you might be eating a killer shroom. Only when you feel you KNOW what you are doing you can go out and search for the perfect shroom.

If you do it the other way round then you have the problem of 'internet-identification' which can never be matched by a good real life first hand knowledge. Also when you think you might have the correct one and by accident you take the wrong one because of misidentification you just simply DIE in a horrible way, don't become a victim of Darwinism.

skinwalker wrote:
why who cares. i only eat what can be identified, who cares if you pick them before or after. there are 6,000 types of mushrooms, you know all of them when you go hunting?? I sure dont.

Lets pick all shrooms just because there is a chance you get the right one... Rolling eyes

NOT a smart move!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

skinwalker
#13 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:43:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

who cares what you pick its what you eat that matters.

skinwalker
#14 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:48:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is there a picture list i should refer to prior to going out? its fall, and i cant find any shrooms in my backyard like i did in spring. i dont care to wait a month or two to grow them. I'm happy to do this the safeway as opposed to crapping myself vomiting everywhere and spending the night in the hospitol prior to work on Monday.

Dimitrius
#15 Posted : 10/17/2010 11:57:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skinwalker wrote:
is there a picture list i should refer to prior to going out? its fall, and i cant find any shrooms in my backyard like i did in spring. i dont care to wait a month or two to grow them. I'm happy to do this the safeway as opposed to crapping myself vomiting everywhere and spending the night in the hospitol prior to work on Monday.

http://s4.postimage.org/F4XC0-fd1a64c7.jpg

The ones in that first pic look similar to the Coriolus (Trametes) versicolor I found in the woods near my house:

https://dmt-nexus.me/for...aspx?g=posts&t=16051

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 10/18/2010 12:10:03 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

skinwalker wrote:
who cares what you pick its what you eat that matters.

For you it appearently doesn't but the mushrooms might think otherwise. Respecting nature aint a bad thing you know.

kind regards,

The Traveler

skinwalker
#17 Posted : 10/18/2010 12:14:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that looks like exactly what i have here, we are in central united states near canada and was picked today from a dead tree stump. so from what i've read they have no psyhoactive properties, just medicinal regarding the immune system? either way sounds like a good mushy!

x1balba
#18 Posted : 10/18/2010 12:36:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Skinwalker, your ignorance could end up getting you hurt if you don't know what you're doing. There are some species of psychoactive mushrooms that are nearly identical to deadly poisonous ones, and are only separated by subtle differences. Even people who have been mushroom hunting for years make mistakes.

Just be careful and be 10000% positive that you know exactly what you're eating.
Anything stated above is a work of pure fiction. The delusional author is writing a story about his imaginary friends. The author does not condone nor participate in any illegal activities. Anything said by the author should not be attempted, taken seriously, or believed. Enjoy the story.

It seems like everyone is sleep-walking through their waking state or wake-walking through their dreams. -Waking Life

Ginkgo
#19 Posted : 10/18/2010 12:36:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My man, follow our advice. You are doing this wrong. Take what you need, nothing more, and you as well as everyone else will be awarded what is needed. Is the concept of this delicate balance so hard to understand? Look higher than your own nose, my friend! Smile

Not to mention the serious risk you are putting yourself under by following internet ID's, you CAN'T be sure of a mushroom by looking only at a picture. You need to look at all parts of the mushroom, including the spore print and in some instances even microscopical features, as well as the habitat it is growing on.

Of course normal mushroom hunters don't know even a fair part of the 14 000 (not 6000) mushrooms described. They do, however, know the mushrooms they usually pick as well as their lookalikes. It's not that many mushrooms that's edible, psychedelic or medicinal, so you're actually better off by hunting for certain mushroom species instead of picking it all.

skinwalker
#20 Posted : 10/18/2010 1:26:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Take what you need, nothing more, and you as well as everyone else will be awarded what is needed.

Quote:
For you it appearently doesn't but the mushrooms might think otherwise. Respecting nature aint a bad thing you know.

ok ok your right about these two things. had you asked me this last year i would have laughed at your tree loving hippy talk. after some unusual experiences i've had with plants lately i've found a deep reverance for them and their power. plus i think i'm now a certified card carrying tree hugger myself.

12NEXT