We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Dad to smoke DMT Options

spiced_ham
#21 Posted : 10/18/2010 1:04:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If he's going to do anything, taking some Bayer Aspirin or something like it would be a good idea. It acts as a blood thinner and thereby prevents clots which cause heart attacks and strokes.

Not a plug, just thought it was something worth mentioning if he's determined to have such an experience.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bringeroflight
#22 Posted : 10/18/2010 1:28:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The Centre wrote:

It (cannabis) is a vasodilator, but it also hightens blood pressure

No intent to derail the thread here, but do you have a source for that? All the research I've ever read claims the exact opposite.. take this for example- http://www.sciencedaily....2006/06/060620083025.htm
I am awake in a dream called reality.

mickster003
#23 Posted : 10/18/2010 1:50:08 AM

mike

is the asprine in reference to the dmt or mj?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kratom was used for physical labor in Thailand prior to its illegal classification. Consuming Kratom lowers body temperature by approximately a degree, increases melanin production in the skin—providing more sun protection, and it is energizing both mentally and physically. It is also used to treat diarrhea, normalize blood sugar in diabetes, normalize blood pressure and battle intestinal parasites.

The Centre
#24 Posted : 10/18/2010 10:50:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

skullhuman wrote:
The Centre wrote:

No intent to derail the thread here, but do you have a source for that? All the research I've ever read claims the exact opposite.. take this for example- http://www.sciencedaily....006/06/060620083025.htm

I measured my own blood pressure before and after smoking, it was higher after smoking.

SnozzleBerry
#25 Posted : 10/18/2010 3:30:23 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The Centre wrote:
skullhuman wrote:
The Centre wrote:

No intent to derail the thread here, but do you have a source for that? All the research I've ever read claims the exact opposite.. take this for example- http://www.sciencedaily....006/06/060620083025.htm

I measured my own blood pressure before and after smoking, it was higher after smoking.

Cannabis lowers blood pressure...

Wikipedia wrote:
Aside from a subjective change in perception and, most notably, mood, the most common short-term physical and neurological effects include increased heart rate, lowered blood pressure, impairment of short-term episodic memory, working memory, psychomotor coordination, and concentration.

Source: Riedel G, Davies SN (2005). "Cannabinoid function in learning, memory and plasticity". Handb Exp Pharmacol (168 ): 445–477. PMID 16596784.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

cosmicladybug
#26 Posted : 10/19/2010 1:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First off, I have to echo another poster's sentiments...you are so fortunate to have a father who would be open to such an experience, and lucky also to have the sort of relationship where you could even bring it up in conversation! My own father has certainly had psychedelic experiences but loooong in the past, and I don't think he'd be open to it now. (then again, maybe i'm wrong...)

As for the safety profile...I'm speaking up as someone who works in healthcare - I guess the thing that gives me pause is that he's got a pacemaker...I don't think there is nearly enough research (is there ANY??) on the physiological effects of psychedelic medicines on someone in compromised health...I believe Strassman's work excluded anyone with any known health issues, am I remembering that correctly? I don't know a lot about the work with Psilocybin and cancer patients, but in both of those cases the psychedelics were administered in controlled, emergency-equipped hospital-type situations.

People have been drinking aya in the jungle for a long time...but I'm pretty certain none of them have implanted cardiac devices Pleased

Then again, the decision is ultimately his, right? So if you present the good, the bad, the ugly and the awesome, I'm sure he will make the choice that's right for him.

Eden
#27 Posted : 10/19/2010 3:09:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cosmicladybug wrote:
I believe Strassman's work excluded anyone with any known health issues, am I remembering that correctly?

I thought so as well, but couldn't locate the correct passage.
I do remember a patient who withheld an issue with constricted blood vessels in the back of his head and had moderate brain discomfort during the experience.

Strassman felt somewhat lucky that nothing bad occurred.
This from the most extensive scientific study on DMT (I believe), so I trust his caution.

PREV12