We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Dad to smoke DMT Options

GalactivatedMuse
#1 Posted : 10/15/2010 11:54:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My dad has been having trouble with physical health for the last few years. His heart has a pace maker, his lungs are weak.

But.. He is an old hippy. I think he would be into it. I want to see if anyone knows any old farts that have gone in, including yourself if you are old and fart.

He enjoys Toltec Wisdom. has a calm open aura. Lives nomadic. Told me he would be into doing mushrooms again. I don't know what else to say. I would like to enhance some leaf. Anything that has a calm effect would be a greatly welcomed suggestion as well. Also ANY else that could possibly help calm the experience.

He is travelling out here in the next few weeks. no rush. If you think of anything throughout the day. be more than welcomed.

Currently pulling stories and knowledge together to start a work of fiction. Anything expressed on the forum is related directly to my dreams, my love for fiction, and my love for information. "The magic is in the mind."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Eden
#2 Posted : 10/15/2010 11:59:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would recommend aya or pharma because of the mention of his weak lungs, but the pace maker is an issue as well.

DMT causes a rapid spike in heart rate...trouble with physical health sounds like any work with psychedelics would be an unnecessary risk.
Did he inquire, or are you simply looking to share?

jbark
#3 Posted : 10/16/2010 12:01:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish I could tell you to go ahead...

but I think it would be irresponsible to recommend giving someone DMT who has not only ailing health, but heart and lung difficulties. If he smokes it, it attacks his two weak points. And with a pacemaker, even oral administration could be dangerous, as all DMT experiences purportedly raise heart rate and blood pressure (someone else will have to provide the sources), not dangerously for someone with a clean bill of health, but possibly so for someone with a history of heart condition.

sorry, sounds otherwise like an ideal candidate, and I can fully understand wanting to share this with your father. The thought has crossed my mind too, but my father is way too old school/old world/materialist/judgmental... (the list goes on...) to be either open to it or to benefit from it.

good luck

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

GalactivatedMuse
#4 Posted : 10/16/2010 12:03:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Before I am to get him on the path to educating himself and interested in trying it.. I want to know if it would be safe. In my experience I have mixed feelings. Depending on the dose etc. he should be anywhere from fine to having a heart attack.

pharma?
Currently pulling stories and knowledge together to start a work of fiction. Anything expressed on the forum is related directly to my dreams, my love for fiction, and my love for information. "The magic is in the mind."

Apoc
#5 Posted : 10/16/2010 8:34:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry, but both pharma and smoking will both have the effect of raising blood pressure and heart rate. Pharma might be worse because it lasts longer, thus the effect on the heart might be prolonged as well. And I can tell you that aya or pharmahuasca, does seem to have an effect on the efficiency of breath. People get winded easily under the influence of oral dmt, as well as experience full body weakness. So if his lungs are already weak, I wouldn't recommend either smoking, or oral dmt.... or any other method because no matter the method used, dmt causes a rise in heart rate and pressure.

F40PH
#6 Posted : 10/16/2010 9:36:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't limit your options to dmt only, there are other ethnobotanicals/entheogens too that can have a very calming effect.

I would suggest looking into kratom (mitragyna speciosa) because it can be taken orally, either with the toss and wash method, or by making a tea from it.

Kratom is an agonist to the mu and delta receptors (opiate receptors) causing similar effects to these of opiates.
It can ease physical pain, it's stimulating in low doses, sedative in high doses and a bit of both in medium doses.
Some people use it to ease physical pain only, others use it recreationally, such as myself but even besides these two benefits, there are others such as gaining more love and respect for nature (this has happened to me).

Kratom is addictive to some degree, but nothing like opiates. I think the addictiveness is comparable to plain coffee.
it's also not too expensive, I've recently bought 700g of kratom for about 70 EUR, so a 5g dose would come to about 0.5 EUR and it gets me through the day with a smile on my face. I'm even starting to love it more than weed.

This is definately something you should concider/look into because it could just be what you're looking for.

#7 Posted : 10/16/2010 10:35:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think MAOIs are not recommended with some medications - maybe you should check that as well before going ahead ... if he has heart issues, he's likely to be on some kind of meds.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

GalactivatedMuse
#8 Posted : 10/16/2010 6:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good point. I hadn't considered yet about the MAOI. Thank you for pointing that out here.

I guess it comes down to talking it over with him. Who knows. He might not even want to see what it is all about.

The Centre
#9 Posted : 10/16/2010 10:59:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, here is what I say. Point me to a single death caused by DMT. The only one I know of was one of aya with a lot of tobacco rustica involved.
I am pretty sure there was quite a couple of people who has heart problems whom has done DMT.

This all depends on how much of a risk he is willing to take.
If it is important for him to experience the most powerful psychedelic to ever exist before he dies (after knowing about it of coarse.) and he knows it will elevate heart rate and blood pressure, BUT nobody has ever died from it, then I say go for it. If it isn't that important to him and he wants to just go on with whatever life he has, then I say, leave it.

Understand there is a risk involved, but the actual chances of him dying is incredibly slim. He is probably equally likely to get an heart attack from getting a big fright or climbing to many stairs, if not less so. You say he lives a nomadic life. To live a nomadic life probably takes a way bigger toll on him than a DMT session will.

Pharma/aya on the other hand, I wouldn't toy with MAO-I's without knowing what meds he is taking, and even then, I think it increases risk several fold.

One last thing: Does he smoke cannabis or any other substance? If he smokes cannabis I can tell you right now there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Cannabis elevates blood pressure, and it is also a smoke whilst DMT will be a vapour if you are using a VG/GVG. (Please vaporize if you decide to take the risk.)

I cannot say anything conclusive, all I can say is nobody has ever died from it.
There is obviously a risk involved, but if he climbs into a car to go to the shopping market, then he is taking an infinitely bigger risk. I have been in a car accident, I wasn't even driving, I was on a bicycle and got hit by a car going at 80km/h, I was without a helmet, the car didn't get a chance to break or slow down in any way, and I survived.
I have never heard of someone dying from DMT.

If he is willing to take the risk after being informed that it will elevate his blood pressure and heart rate, but that no deaths with DMT has been reported without Nicotine and MAO-I's involved, then I guess it is up to him. As long as you do no more than tell him about it, and ask him if he is interested, then I feel the situation is fine.

Just know there is a risk, but it is a very small one.

bringeroflight
#10 Posted : 10/17/2010 3:09:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually, cannabis is a vasodilator, and lowers blood pressure.

http://www.idmu.co.uk/canncardio.htm
I am awake in a dream called reality.

Magicman
#11 Posted : 10/17/2010 8:16:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well then if Cannabis lowers blood pressure , maybe thats the leaf you should be enhancing? granted ,you wont be getting "the pure DMT experience " but its a good compromise , and if he's a regular smoker maybe the psychoactive effects will be low

Oh, and wow your lucky to have a dad like that . . .

GalactivatedMuse
#12 Posted : 10/17/2010 4:29:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GalactivatedMuse
#13 Posted : 10/17/2010 4:30:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all. and LOL magic man.. I like how you grabbed the cannabis for a positive shift.

He smokes from time to time, but doesn't like the MJ high that much. Genetic trait he passed down. Special occasions or when alone and productive.

I am going to have to talk to him about it when he gets here. Now I have to worry about how to place the explanation and when the appropriate time for that will be. This is a powerful experience and I want to be able to present it well.

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 10/17/2010 5:39:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you really doing this for him? Or for yourself?

What could be the cost? A heartattack? Lung spasms?

Its your father.

The Centre
#15 Posted : 10/17/2010 6:01:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

skullhuman wrote:
Actually, cannabis is a vasodilator, and lowers blood pressure.

http://www.idmu.co.uk/canncardio.htm

It is a vasodilator, but it also hightens blood pressure and increases heart rate.

Mullien is also a vasodilator, but it doesn't increase heart rate and blood pressure, so that would be better.

Also, you guys who are pulling the worst case scenario, remember, more people have died from walking to fast and getting heart attacks. More people have died from coconuts falling on their heads. He is more likely to choke to death. Does that mean he should only be fed intravenously? Oh wait, what if the needle pokes through the artery? I guess he should only eat liquid food. Oh, maybe he is going to drown, lets not do that. I would say, the biggest danger is him getting an too intense experience and being left with post traumatic stress disorder, but death?

Here is a good way to see it. Is he willing to go bungee jumping? I think that would be a good analogy. If he is not, then I would say just for safeties sake, leave it, but if he is willing to go bungee jumping, then I say, go for it.

obliguhl
#16 Posted : 10/17/2010 6:48:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't be ridiciolous. Virtually every person on this planet walks daily. Smoking DMT is something you can't compare. I also would not recommend bungee jumping to someone with a weak heart.

The Centre
#17 Posted : 10/17/2010 7:59:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Don't be ridiciolous. Virtually every person on this planet walks daily. Smoking DMT is something you can't compare. I also would not recommend bungee jumping to someone with a weak heart.

Yes, but many people end up tripping on a branch or something, and hit their heads on the side walk. Nobody has ever died in hyperspace, NOBODY. I am pretty sure someone has done DMT with a weak heart.

I would say to be super safe, if he is willing to bungee jump, then DMT shouldn't be a problem. If he isn't willing to bungee jump, then it might be a bad idea.

I know a guy with a hole in his one lung, who smoked Salvia Divinorum 20x standardized.

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 10/17/2010 8:20:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As i said, you can't compare the risks. People run into the risk of tripping and falling every day because everyone walks...but how many people smoke DMT? A couple of thousand? 10.OOO? 100?

Giving someone with a weak heart a blood pressure and heart rate rising powerful psychedelic is completely different. Understanding this is crucial.

The Centre
#19 Posted : 10/17/2010 9:28:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That is why I used the bungee jumping analogy.

Eden
#20 Posted : 10/18/2010 12:34:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Are you really doing this for him? Or for yourself?

I think this is the best question.

In the end, these are uncharted waters and none of us really know all the health issues surrounding DMT.
Sure, maybe no one has yet died, but [drug that drastically increases heart rate]+[heart that needs mechanical encouragement]=high uncertainty.

We are all taking a risk with our activities, are you sure you want to volunteer your father for these experiments?

12NEXT