We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Long time fan, first time caller Options

Vector
#1 Posted : 10/14/2010 6:43:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

I've liked this site for a while now, but never got around to registering for the forums until now.

As of this post, I have had 2 breakthrough experiences with dmt in real life and many intense dmt dreams. This drug means so many different things to me that I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm a musician and feel that dmt is an endless well of inspiration.

A couple weeks ago I went to COSM for the premier screening of the documentary "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" based on the book by Dr. Rick Strassman. It was great and you should all buy a copy when it comes out to support them!! This was the first time I had been to the new and improved rural COSM and I must say that it was quite a beautiful estate. It was awesome to get to meet Rick Strassman in person and sit in on the Q&A with him; he seems like a real genuine and positive person (though he seemed quite out of place with all the weirdos who hang around COSM all the time....but thats a whole other story...)

Anyway, good to be a part of the nexus!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Thebatman
#2 Posted : 10/14/2010 9:17:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Vector, I just want to congratulate you on visiting CoSM, I have always wanted to go there and experience it, although, its quite the ways away from me. Must have been an amazing experience, welcome to the nexus!

ragabr
#3 Posted : 10/15/2010 1:14:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, Vector, cool to have you.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

etybdrawkcab
#4 Posted : 10/15/2010 3:13:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like an awesome place... im kind of jealous. He has gotta be one of my personal heros

etybdrawkcab is a fictional character living under the sea
and only in existence because my talented imagination

Vector
#5 Posted : 10/15/2010 4:40:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, COSM is great, you should definitely make the trip up there if you're ever in new york for a good amount of time. Alex Grey is a really nice and funny dude; his wife is a hard liner though and clearly keeps his spaceyness in check Pleased

i went to a psytrance party at the old COSM (when it was in NYC) and had a blast; it was so great to be able to trip out hard while sitting in a room full of alex grey originals!! I totally mind-melded with some of those paintings Smile

You'll meet some great people there, but you'll also meet some of the flakiest and most pretentious people in the world there. There's also a bunch of COSM groupies who just want to spend all day swinging off alex's nuts. its kind of obnoxious, but I can get past it; still worth the trip.

Before I end the post, i might as well share some cool trivia that came out during the strassman/grey Q&A: Alex Grey said that the first time he ever smoked DMT was when Terence Mckenna himself gave it to him in 1985(?). I thought that was a really cool factoid!

FusionOracle
#6 Posted : 10/16/2010 3:31:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Vector. Nice to meet you in the virtual world. I to have known about this site for a while and only just got my act together recently and made myself known to the forums. Can anyone tell me what COSM is???? Never heard about it before and after reading this thread I'm interested to know more...

Vector
#7 Posted : 10/16/2010 4:10:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FusionOracle wrote:
Hi Vector. Nice to meet you in the virtual world. I to have known about this site for a while and only just got my act together recently and made myself known to the forums. Can anyone tell me what COSM is???? Never heard about it before and after reading this thread I'm interested to know more...

howdy!

COSM is short for "Chapel Of Sacred Mirrors" and its a place in midstate new york (used to be in manhattan) that houses many paintings by the artist Alex Grey (do a google search if you are unfamiliar with his work). Its a very psychedelic-friendly environment and they also have community events there; strangers are encouraged to show up and hang out.