We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DCM & xylol after naphta Options

asanaman
#1 Posted : 10/13/2010 5:30:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,

SWIM has dome 3 pulls with naphtha from her jar. She also has xylol (xylene), DCM (dichloromethane, methylene chloride) available.

Should a further attempt be made to extract red spice using one of these solvents? Last time she tried, the solvent was inseparable from the acidic goo.

Is it ok to mix these? There is still a thin naphtha layer in the jar.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/13/2010 11:32:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xylene will mix with naphtha, it wont be a problem, and it will pull more dmt along with some other stuff. It just smells horrible, I really dont like working with it but thats a personal thing. Salt it out with FASA/FASW/Vinegar and freebase the resulting product instead of evaporating the xylene.

DCM is a different thing altogether.. Since it is heavier than water and sinks, Im not sure what would happen with the small layer of naphtha left in the jar. We will have to wait for some better chem-oriented people to answer this.

There seem to be greater health concerns with DCM too, so I hope you are working in a well ventilated area and wearing mask and safety equip in general.

Elf Machine
#3 Posted : 10/14/2010 7:24:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

asanaman wrote:

Is it ok to mix these? There is still a thin naphtha layer in the jar.

Don't. Mixing non-polars with densities on either side of water can cause problems during seperation. Evap off the rest of the naptha if you use DCM. It will pull more than the xylene.

asanaman
#4 Posted : 10/14/2010 11:39:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Xylene was added, without evaporating the naphtha and pulled. It's in the freezer now.

Is salting out and freebasing essential? SWIM is not familiar with these procedures.

Also, the previous naphtha pulls are not precipitating properly - maybe a cloud of spice/oil in there, but no crystals sticking to the walls. We shall see what the xylene yields.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 10/14/2010 11:53:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

DMT will not freeze precip out of xylene.

Salting out and freebasing is indeed essential. When I use xylene I always salt out with fumaric acid saturated acetone (FASA). I've actually got some of my best DMT that way.

rave420
#6 Posted : 10/14/2010 3:49:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

salting it out is easy.

here is what you do!

Get acetone, and place around 20 mg Fumaric Acid in 1 ML acetone. You will need 0.4 times the amount of Fumaric Acid Saturated Acetone per gram of DMT.

Either way, dissolve fumaric acid in acetone until you can dissolve no more. Now dissolve your DMT in acetone. 5 ML per g is sufficient. Now dropwise add the FASA until the solution is cloudy and stays cloudy. Wait for it to turn clear, and check t he PH. It should be acidic, not basic. If it's basic, add some more FASA. Filter and enjoy Smile

asanaman
#7 Posted : 10/15/2010 2:24:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So, salting out can be performed with vinegar instead? Can't access fumaric acid at the moment. I have acetone though.

Was naive to assume that xylene freeze-precipitates Smile Sorry, I am not a chemist Smile