We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can I take MAOI today? Options

stolpioni
#1 Posted : 10/12/2010 11:56:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've eaten Cereals, some pasta with tomato sauce and just drank a Coke (Coca Cola).
Would I be in any risk if I ingest B.Caapi later? I'm planning on eating more pasta later.
I've read the lists but found that Caffeine ain't good, and as we all know coke contains Caffeine.

Actually, I'm starving right now so I'm planning on eating at McDonald's or Burger King.
Shouldn't be any danger huh?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Eden
#2 Posted : 10/13/2010 12:03:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, caffeine and MAOI typically do not mesh well. Possible side effects such as headaches and overall edginess.
Also, pastas are somewhat heavy and rather opiate like.

You are at no physical risk, but the experience is much better without these influences.

stolpioni
#3 Posted : 10/13/2010 12:15:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok maybe I'll wait till tomorrow then, we'll see.
There is so much food you can NOT intake, can you give me some advise about
what I CAN eat?

Eden
#4 Posted : 10/13/2010 12:22:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fruit is by far the best diet when working with psychedelics.
It's not so much that you can't eat certain things...it's simply that certain foods add to the experience while others detract.

The discussed substances are technically RIMA's so the entire possibility of cheese sydrom and such is not an issue.
Some diets are just better...the healthier you feed your body, the better the experience IMO.

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 10/13/2010 4:49:52 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Don't worry about it tooo much, methinks. Aya is very gentle compared to other MAOIs. I've accidentally found myself drinking black tea on low doses of ayahuasca, without any other adverse effect than the normal wiredness of the caffeine.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ