We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction and first DMT experiences Options

spiralminded
#1 Posted : 10/12/2010 8:06:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings all! I found myself browsing the Nexus about a week ago, looking for info on mushrooms. It wasn't long before I was enthralled by the wisdom and open-mindedness displayed by the people here. Much more so than any forum I've visited! So I thought I'd join and perhaps contribute to this great community. I'll start by sharing my first experiences with DMT.

They all occurred this past July, when my roommate came home from a festival with a small glass jar of spice. We sandwiched it between some bud in a glass bubbler and hovered the flame over the bowl, barely touching the weed. Several slow, steady and deep breaths were taken until the spice was considered gone and we just finished the bowl. Beautiful colored visuals swirled around me. They appeared to have the style of Mayan or Aztec hieroglyphics. There was a sense of tapping into something ancient and powerful. I was amazed at the intensity (and lucidity) of effects in a small dose. After four sessions similar to this, we decided there was enough left for the three of us to trip pretty hard (I have no idea how much spice my roommate used for any of the sessions, but he was quite experienced and we were in a safe environment so I was not worried). It was smoked in the same manner as before, except we were given a bowl to finish by ourselves. I took maybe 5 deep inhales until I thought all the spice was gone (experiencing effects similar to before but slightly more intense), so I just smoked the rest of the bowl in one hit. I was wrong, as after I exhaled that last hit reality began to bend and I knew I was in for a ride. The music began to speed up until I felt I had traveled beyond all time. With my eyes open the world was a mess of slithering colors and shapes, generally resembling the objects and people surrounding me. With my eyes closed I was shown a giant pyramid, slowly rotating below me. There was a sea of red and blue colored writing behind the pyramid and I somehow knew this writing was important, like the mechanics of the universe. There was a sense that answers and knowledge could be gained. It was a wonderful time, but I felt I only glimpsed the things possible. Next time I intend to go deeper.

I've tried DMT before, in the form of Ayahuasca (Mimosa hostilis and Rue) but attempts were unsuccessful. First two times nothing happened, except for some nausea (I figured I didn't use enough Mimosa) and the third time provided a pretty wretched purge, yet also with no effects (used more Mimosa but probably didn't prepare the rue properly). So my question is where do you experienced travelers think I should go from here? I certainly want to continue my quest with DMT, but with the failed Ayahuasca attempts, I'm not sure if I'd prefer to go that route. Perhaps a more specific question: Is there a layman's way of extracting DMT to get a smokable yield? I have no chemistry experience whatsoever, but my intuition tells me there must be a way to create a fairly simple extraction which will get me a mild to moderate effect (perhaps with an MAOI taken before hand?). Just some speculation Pleased

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

memo
#2 Posted : 10/13/2010 9:11:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

STB extractions are the easiest methods that I have found and the yield is high. You can smoke the freebase. If you want mild to moderate effects you'll have to start with a very small amount (15-20mg)and work your way up. The needed dose varies depending on your sensitivity. You can convert some to a salt (Fumarate) easily also and that can be used with an MAOI for pharmahuasca. Fumarate is also very stable and the best way to store what you have extracted. Dosage is still dependent on your sensitivity but 50mg dmt Fumarate with about 200mg Harmine, Harmaline or THH is a mild to moderate dose for me. The pharmahuasca lasts about 4 hours with about 45 minutes to an hour come on period. If you extract 100 grams of Mimosa you should end up with about a gram of dmt freebase which would be more than enough to try it using all the methods you choose. Good luck and Welcome!
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

spiralminded
#3 Posted : 10/13/2010 7:55:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply! I found Norman's "DMT for the masses" in the wiki, which looks very promising. With some further research I should be well on my way. Results will surely be posted.