We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
nausea / the purge Options

digital_phreedom
#1 Posted : 10/12/2010 3:32:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I just had my an Aya experience with almost zero nausea, and no purge.. This was my third successful experience with Aya. The first time I purged about 5 minutes after drinking my Mimosa, and was very nauseated the whole time. The second time I was a little sick after drinking, but that subsided after a few minutes, and returned only shortly about an hour into things and was completely gone after the purge at about an hour and ten minutes.

This third time however, I had about 3 minutes of slight nausea after drinking the Mimosa. (All three times I have had no nausea at all after drinking my Caapi, even with the sediment left in.) And then the nausea vanished. About an hour in I felt a little rumbling in my stomach for about 3 minutes or so, but that subsided after a few burps and some gas. That was it. And this was with 60 grams of Caapi and 10 grams of Mimosa..

So I'm wondering if any of you ever have Aya journeys with no nausea? Do you purge every time? Has it gotten easier/better with each successive journey?

(Oh, also, my second two journeys were preceded by 50mg dramamine about 1 hour prior, I'm sure this played a role. Also, I've stopped fasting completely. Now I eat a light breakfast, very light and healthy lunch. Start my journey around 9pm, and have a piece of toast with a little butter around an hour before I drink.)
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 10/12/2010 5:03:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've drank over 200 times and vomited less than 20! Nausea was more present in the beginning... the body's relationship to the medicine can change as you drink it more often.

I remember feeling like I did something wrong in the beginning when I never purged--but trust me--eventually the big one will come. Pleased

Stillness, conscious breathing, and strong intentions are your best tools to navigate any rough waters.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

polytrip
#3 Posted : 10/12/2010 9:38:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I almost never have any of those things. Even nausea is very rare for me. I think what miss minx said is right. Once your mind/body has become familiar with it, it will be less of a problem. When it comes to nausea it may be either a personal thing, and then miss minx and me are just lucky, or it could be that there's something of a switch in your subcounscious and that once you know how to find this switch and turn it off/on, you can be as lucky not to have any of that shit two.

I think the last thing is the case, because i definately feel like i've learned to 'communicate with my body' on ayahuasca. When i drink the brew, first there's that innevitable sense of "yagggh" wich has to do with the flavor not being real 'haute cuisine-like', but then i say to myself "it's alright, get a hold on yourself for the next few minutes" and it's like once you find the right way to say this to yourself, it realy works.

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 10/12/2010 10:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deep breaths... gently massaging esophagus in a downward motion... kindly reminding your body that if it comes up, you're just going to drink it again and that would be bad for everyone... Razz

The purge is DEFINITELY related to psychological content, too.

Trickster
#5 Posted : 10/13/2010 12:33:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I drank aya only 20 times or so, but every strong experience was connected with heavy nausea and purge. Almost every time the nausea subsided only when the journey was over. Only during the last two journeys I managed to stop the nausea well before the end of the interesting part.

I think to an extent this is because I am not sensitive to the tea and need to drink at least 250 g of dry caapi extract + 20 g of dry mhrb extract.

I have no problem keeping the tea for an hour or more but after that I get a feeling that aya did its work and needs to be released.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

jamie
#6 Posted : 10/13/2010 2:55:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

250g??!! What planets have you been to with that brew?
Long live the unwoke.

Trickster
#7 Posted : 10/13/2010 11:26:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

fractal enchantment wrote:

Very unfortunate for me, but 250 g is an average, lowish dose of caapi to potentiate the spice. For caapi alone journey I need twice as much. Very expensiveSad .

jaguar
#8 Posted : 10/14/2010 6:15:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

250g ?? Could it be ineffective extraction?

But yes, trying pure harmalas would be interesting.

jamie
#9 Posted : 10/15/2010 1:55:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Trickster wrote:

Very unfortunate for me, but 250 g is an average, lowish dose of caapi to potentiate the spice. For caapi alone journey I need twice as much. Very expensiveSad .

What are your eating habits like? Certain lifestyles seem to make people very insensitive to the caapi frequency..but once you build up a sensitivity, caapi for me at least is a very energetic medicine that activates my chakra systems and gives true visions even at 25-50g.
Long live the unwoke.

ms_manic_minxx
#10 Posted : 10/15/2010 3:02:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have done ceremony with some people who do require 200-250g for a very light dose. It is possible... but may be worth looking into trying various methods of sensitizing oneself to Caapi if you are looking for some deeper exploration. Smile

Trickster
#11 Posted : 10/15/2010 11:50:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

What are your eating habits like? Certain lifestyles seem to make people very insensitive to the caapi frequency

Nothing unusual. Lots of vegetables. Fish. Almost no meat. Fresh juices. Coffee.

...but once you build up a sensitivity, caapi for me at least is a very energetic medicine that activates my chakra systems and gives true visions even at 25-50g.

I know what you mean. I had to be sensitized to most psychoactives with a ridiculously high dose. Aya worked for me on the 7th or 8th time. I started from as low as 25 g, then 50, 100, 150, 200, 300, and then 600 g. I drank 600 g in 2 installments. After the first 300 g I felt drowzy, downed the remaining 300 g and went to sleep. To my horror in 30 min. I woke up with my mouth full of puke. What followed was an earth-shaking caapi-only experience. Since then my effective caapi dose dropped down to 220-250 g.

Same happened with mushrooms(1g, 2g, 4g, 8gShocked ) and pharma (50mg rue extract + 20 mg spice; 100mg + 50 mg, 200 mg + 100 mg; 350 mg + 210 mg Shocked ).

Speaking of pure harmalas, on a number of occassions I took THH tincture, Caapi Copy, THH Hcl, Rue extracts. On the average an affective dose is 150 - 350 mg. Almost inevitably an effective dose leads to nausea and purge.