We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
smoke brown oil? Options

Elf Machine
#1 Posted : 10/11/2010 1:57:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After dissolving DMT freebase in hot heptane and poured off for re-xing there is still alot of orange/brown oil left behind. Can I smoke that? I know there are other alkaloids in there but is it good enough to smoke?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Electric.Sight
#2 Posted : 10/11/2010 3:00:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How pure was the DMT?
The brown could be left over base if it was transferred by accident during extraction. If that's the case don't smoke it!
I haven't seen all the varieties of n-oxides and mystery alkaloids so I can't help you there.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Elf Machine
#3 Posted : 10/11/2010 4:10:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used DCM for extraction so I know there's some good alkaloids in there. After my pull I also washed with K2CO3 solution so I doubt there's any NaOH in there. Then distilled most of the DCM and evapped off the rest, then took up with hot heptane. I could throw the gunk back in my next batch but I'm curious about smoking it.

Electric.Sight
#4 Posted : 10/11/2010 4:18:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Never used those methods before so I can't help you.
If your positive the lye is gone, I can't see something harmful coming from nowhere.

Worst would likely just be fats and oils, may be harsh but not dangerous.
Best would likely be some neat mystery alkaloids and n-oxides!

I can't help you identify the alkaloids, but I do know of one way you can find out!Wink
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Elf Machine
#5 Posted : 10/11/2010 7:23:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, this is weird. I'm still high as I write this. I smoked it with an accomplice and I got TOTALLY smashed. I started by smoking powdered syrian rue, then after about 10 mintues smoked the brown thick oil. I can't even explain the rest. The weird thing is my accomplice didn't feel anything!!