We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time Aya Options

Skizm
#1 Posted : 10/9/2010 11:55:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, first how I made it.

450g Caapi in pot #1
15g MHRB in pot #2

Soaked Caapi chunks in acidified water for 24 hrs. Then I hammered/shredded the bark into small pieces. Boiled both pots for 3x3, filtered Caapi/MHRB into a pot (#3/#4 respectively). I noticed there was a lot of sediment in the result of 3x3 so I put them all through coffee filters, taking out quite a bit of sediment. Both brews went into separate mason jars and were left in the fridge over night. The next day, I noticed that both brews had a thick layer in the bottom. I heard from the 'All about Aya' thread that the sludge at the bottom of the MHRB brew caused nausea, so it was left out of the dose. We swirled the Caapi brew around because we had heard nothing about this sediment and didn't want to risk it (We took a small dose). The caapi was reduced into a 1mL:1.8grams solution and we took about ~27.5mL each. DMT solution hasn't been measured as of yet. Smudged the house for each boil.

Then, the experience.

After we take out 50g of Caapi I walked around the ~2 acres of land I was on and smudged the entire place. Ten minutes after Caapi we took ~1g (As I said, didn't measure for some odd reason so could have been less) of MHRB solution that had the sludge taken out. We started up a bonfire (sober people were there) to provide warmth and entertainment. Forty-five minutes later I'm really starting to feel it, minor nausea. Then the purge started, I had about 20 individual heaves but did not throw up much because I had not eaten much that day. After I purged I started to have some heavy CEVs and it became quite easy to drift between reality (open eyes) and wherever Ayahuasca wanted to take me (closed eyes). Friend I dosed with just felt the body buzz. I begin to feel that my brain is being kneaded with electricity; feels quite odd but I like it. Cars passing by the house make such a strange sound. Reminds me of things I have heard while smoking DMT.

Ayahuasca quickly ran me through a list of things that had been bothering me recently. Anytime I would attempt to dwell on something it brought up it would 'kindly' kick my ass as if saying 'Let's go we got a lot of shit to do'. Throughout the time it was doing this I felt very sedated. Other three people that were there (Other friend who dosed) wanted to take a walk in the woods but I couldn't move. I told them to go on without me, I'd sit and watch the fire. After about two hours the trip began to subside, with minor visuals; streaks of light moving from behind my head towards the light source it emanated from and heavy color trails whenever I moved my head. I sat and watched a movie with a friend and then when all effects had subsided I decided to leave for home.

For the next experience I plan on trying 60-75g Caapi, and 2-2.5g of MHRB. Comments, questions, and criticism are all welcome. Overall, I had an excellent time, I had an objective look at my troubles and came back with some new ideas of how to tackle them. Ayahuasca to me, is in a completely different realm than anything else I have taken. Will definitely be taking it again in the future.

Questions from the experience:
1. Sediment on the bottom of Caapi brew, bad or good?
2. My friend had a body buzz and that was it. An hour in he even took ~1.2g more of MHRB and nothing happened. Ideas?

Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

digital_phreedom
#2 Posted : 10/11/2010 2:20:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice report!

I'm also wondering about the sediment in the Caapi brew.. I think I remember reading somewhere that it's ok, and NOT to filter it out.. But I forget. Though, the one time I did filter out my sediment, I didn't feel very much.

As for your friend.. Perhaps he just requires more MHRB than you do? I know the general opinion here is that MHRB is very potent and that even 2 grams can be a hefty dose, but as I continue my journey with Aya I'm learning that I need at least 6 grams for a fairly light 2 hour experience. However, get more opinions before telling your friend to take more or anything. I can only speak for myself, and my experience with Aya is still very limited.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

digital_phreedom
#3 Posted : 10/11/2010 2:22:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, and about your friend re-dosing.. I think re-dosing can be kind of tricky, and vary quite a bit based on individual metabolisms.. I tried re-dosing once about 2.5hrs after I had drank my Caapi, and the effects were minimal, if any, despite taking the same dose I had earlier. So I'm thinking the inhibition effects had probably worn off for me.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Skizm
#4 Posted : 10/11/2010 3:35:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Digital!

I'm currently trying to get more of my friends to partake in the sacrament. Friend that did not trip is a bit bigger than me, has ~3' and ~25 lbs on me. Going to suggest that he up his Caapi intake before drastically increasing the MHRB and taking more Caapi if he decides to take more MHRB. For the new comers they get 50/1.5 Cool
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 10/11/2010 4:12:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

skism-
good job brudda! that sounded like a fine first experince to get your feet wet. thank you for sharing it.

digital-
removing tannins def removes the nausea. removing the tannins by decanting or freeze precipitating removes the tannins but also lots of goodies by the way of tiny plant material aka sediment. yes the brew is still active but far less potent when everything is decanted. some have stated that its not a big loss. i whole heartedly disagree!

the plan is to do a protien binding with egg whites or gelatin. this removes tannins but not avtive alkaloids in the plant matter.

im going off of now personal experience multiple times. all of my caapi drinking have been from the same vine stock brewed the same way. the times i did a freeze precipitation i got minimal effects from 100g caapi. even up to 140g caapi were still just light. each time i took 75g-100g with sediment i was fully caapi intoxicated. gonzo, layed out! that's a huge difference. so i disagree with the opinion that you only loose a little when clearing the brews. its not just onece this has happend its everytime i freeze preciped or decanted and discarded for many days.

i am going to find a happy medium. i know its just a matter of cleaning up tannins and leaving some more plant matter than ive been leaving. find a balance between potency and a comfortable nausea level.

im going to try protein binding this week. once it stops raining i can pound my vine and start all over again. ill never clear my brew as much as this last batch.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

ragabr
#6 Posted : 10/11/2010 8:15:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for sharing this skizm! SWIM can't imagine getting up for a hike with aya, it's difficult to even make it to the bathroom most of the time.

-olympus
looking forward to hearing how the tannin binding works out for you. SWIM tried the freeze decantating and had a similar loss of effect. She tried her 30g run with the herbal percolator a few days ago, and even with two fridge decantations it felt like 50g. This was a different vine though, so maybe it is stronger. The potency/nausea trade-off is still worth it for her.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

olympus mon
#7 Posted : 10/11/2010 10:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

i will def keep everyone updated. its a shame it took 400g of caapi to make this deduction but at least i now know wtf!
first i thought it was that i used hyrdrochloric acid to lower the ph. after i did another brew with vinegar and got the same results twice drinking up to 140g i know it was the precip.
this will be confirmed this weekend.
o the joys of many variablesLaughing

Malaclypse
#8 Posted : 10/11/2010 10:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:

Indeed. But it seems like we are making some progress on this front. SWIM still has what should be ~360g of brew that on the first session had his head in a bucket for 4-5 hours. Since then he did some decants and one freeze decant and then the re-brew of the sediment and combined and reduced. He just hasn't had time to partake with the new brew to compare. But after that flooring (literally the bathroom floor Razz) he agrees with ragbar that some potency loss is worth it even if it means more caapi is necessary. Oh to find that happy medium, it shall be done.

I think next time I will have SWIM try just a few fridge decants between brews as you have done, but skip the freezer part and see how that goes.

ms_manic_minxx
#9 Posted : 10/11/2010 11:24:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The sediment is fine to consume, just may increase the nausea. I've reboiled all the sediment at the bottom of a brew to get a second active brew from it before, so there is definitely good stuff in there...
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 10/12/2010 12:34:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Malaclypse wrote:
olympus mon wrote:

Indeed. But it seems like we are making some progress on this front. he agrees with ragbar that some potency loss is worth it even if it means more caapi is necessary. Oh to find that happy medium, it shall be done.

I think next time I will have SWIM try just a few fridge decants between brews as you have done, but skip the freezer part and see how that goes.

i think we are making progress and learning loads of info by via mistakes and success's and trying lots of new ways. this period of trial and error will make it able to help other people have success as well as our own.
i agree with ragabr as well. that loosing potency for some relief in the purging dept is worth it but im not giving up quite that easy. if tannins are the main culprit we should be able to remove just those leaving the other materials and not have much noticeable potency loss. thats my goal.
i too know what its like to violently purge out of both ends for hours. not a great time. i think (i should say i hope) the key lays in leaving the plant matter but removing the tannins.

i just hammered out 350g of maya white vine today and will start brewing tonight after dinner. my plan is to poach some egg whites in the reducing tea. split my caapi into 2 jars let 1 decant just over night 8 hrs, the other 24 hrs. see if theres a difference in nausea.

Skizm
#11 Posted : 10/12/2010 12:58:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely let us know how it goes Olympus. I'm keeping my sediment in order to preserve potency. Future batches will be made in different manners though Cool

-Mi padre