We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking methods Options

Librarian
#1 Posted : 10/9/2010 1:40:22 PM

Etienne

A while ago I read somewhere on the DMT Nexus about a specific smoking contraption. I cant find the thread it was mentioned in, so asking the questions here.

The device was described as a bottle filled with water. A hole in the bottom is uncovered, and the falling water-level creates suction that sucks in the smoke. This I get, but what I don't understand is how the top part looks.

What sort of bowl do you use ? I think I recall something about a tinfoil bowl, but how would this work ?

How do you light it ? Do I need to mix in some combustible herbs, or will the spice keep burning on its own (once the water level starts to drop) ?

Just seems to me that this is a much smoother way to get the smoke in the lungs in comparison to the Machine or a meth pipe. Also, that you can vaporise a lot of spice while also eliminating the need for muliple hits.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The odours occasionally wafted from the laboratory were exceedingly strange. Sometimes they were noxious, but more often they were aromatic, with a haunting, elusive quality which seemed to have the power of inducing fantastic images.
People who smelled them had a tendency to glimpse momentary mirages of enormous vistas, with strange hills or endless avenues of sphinxes and hippogriffs stretching off into infinite distance.
- H.P. Lovecraft

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Orion
#2 Posted : 10/9/2010 4:45:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are a few ways but one i have tried is just like this

http://video.google.com/...cid=8536623257647066540#

It's extremely simple to make and all kinds of things can be used for a bowl. The water outlet hole also works as a carb hole after the liquid is replaced by vapor.

EDIT* I guess I could have helped with the construction of the bowl in the video. I used a small straw, wrapped with tinfoil and formed into a bowl, with a roll of foil in the straw to stop everything sucking into the straw. This is placed through a hole in the bottle cap.

Obviosly that's the absolute most ghetto way. Now I use friction fit parts for my home-made bongs. In the end a medium glass bong is the best smoking tool you can ever have.

Just stay away from anything that can releases any harmfull vapors. You can use tinfoil but it's controversial. I have used it for salvia and it worked perfectly, but how you craft the bowl is down to you. I use alu tubing with filed out arial connector parts and bnc tubes, all friction fit.

Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

ragabr
#3 Posted : 10/9/2010 5:32:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The style of device you're discussing will be much more wasteful than using an empty bong, if you're going with a leaf-based method, or the machine for freebase.

Edit: because the water will condense and [incorrect ->]dissolve the DMT that comes into contact with it.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gammagore
#4 Posted : 10/9/2010 10:01:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you no bong? You could easily make one if funds are low.

If funds are available, get a GVG, its by far the best vaping devise for DMT.

WSaged
#5 Posted : 10/9/2010 10:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:

Edit: because the water will condense and dissolve the DMT that comes into contact with it.

Freebase DMT & it's vapor is not water soluble, so not it will not dissolve if you are using water filtration.
Think about how you extracted it...

In fact just a little room temp water in a bong...enough to make it bubble...helps with smooth/large hits because of the fact that it does cool it & condense a little, making a larger amount of vapor fit in a smaller physical space.
IE: more vapor in your lungs.
And unless you are really taking your time, the vapor will not be in the chamber long enough to actually condense on the inside.

So this is not a problem.
Although some folks prefer no water in a bong, seems harsh to me.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

ragabr
#6 Posted : 10/10/2010 1:36:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WSaged wrote:
ragabr wrote:

Edit: because the water will condense and dissolve the DMT that comes into contact with it.

Freebase DMT & it's vapor is not water soluble, so not it will not dissolve if you are using water filtration.
Think about how you extracted it...

This part is absolutely correct, and I'm sorry for spreading my confusion.

As for the rest of it, a normal bong perhaps, but that's a very different beast from the gravity bong being described.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 10/10/2010 2:00:01 AM

John Murdoch IV

It's called a gravity bong in the english language. But just "a bucket" and to punch the bucket where I come from Smile so I'll stick with that.
For me it's crap for smoking DMT mostly for the fact you need to kind of be standing over the bucket while "punching" it. I need to be sitting very comfortably, kind of lying when I do DMT. I want to be able to pass out without falling on the floor or rolling over a bucket full of water while blasting off.

I used to smoke hash a lot from a bucket when I was younger and it's fine for that. You can make a big bucket and get 2 liters of thick smoke in you lungs at once. With a big bowl maybe 2 full 2 Liter bongs in a row. Nothing has made me more stoned then to smoke from a big bucket. But you need to be a bit of a heavy smoker to do that. I wouldn't do it today. And not good for people that only smoke occasionally. You need to be in full cannabis smoking shape for that Smile
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

WSaged
#8 Posted : 10/10/2010 6:52:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some friends who have a spare bathroom they don't use, so they made a gravity bong out of a 5-gallon water jug & to use it, they fill up the bathtub!!!
Mucho Smoko!!

Not exactly a practical everyday thing...but a hell of a party favor!!

I don't know if DMT through a gravity bong wouldn't just be way too much work....

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

corpus callosum
#9 Posted : 10/10/2010 7:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Ah.. memories of the bucket bong for cannabisRolling eyes Laughing .Not so efficient for DMT though.

As has been already stated, GVG if funds allow or a bong with a little water.I find that a bong maybe 10-15cm tall can deliver very well indeed.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

gammagore
#10 Posted : 10/10/2010 10:07:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A Bucket!! whicked, DMTripper thabnks for reminding me. We would smoke those back in SA in my younger years, good for weed but too much work for DMT IMO.
You will most likely need to have another person there to help, and id imagine one could get themselves in a very uncofortable position while operating the bucket and hyperspace is blasting at you.

Get a cheap bong and infuse some leaf. Say hello Hyperspace.

Cheop
#11 Posted : 10/11/2010 12:06:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gravity/waterfall bongs can work like a dream for smoking Salvia Very happy
Anything Cheop posts is of a fictional nature

Electric.Sight
#12 Posted : 10/11/2010 3:17:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, a good decent bong is better than a gravity bong, even for cannabis.
A bong is less hassle to operate, with way smaller margin of error in my opinion.
I can just picture spilling the entire bucket when reloading for another hit!
I think a bong could deliver just as much as a good gravity set up with more control.

For either method; infusing leaf with DMT (mix DMT with solvent and evap over some leaf) instead of sandwiching it, will likely provide more consistent experiences. It is so easy then you can smoke it similar to pot (with much less direct heat).
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Librarian
#13 Posted : 10/12/2010 6:06:35 AM

Etienne

Thanks for the info.

Once it was called a bucket, everything fell into place. When I was in high-school I once saw some matrics smoking one in the school pool! Never tried to smoke one myself. Looked way too harsh.

I do agree, too much trouble for DMT. Might try it someday just for the novelty of it, but for now I will stick to my bong then. Years of practice means I can light it easily without the flame touching the product, which I understand is vital when smoking spice.
To be properly scientific, I will have to smoke the same amount with and without water. See which works best.

And the GVG is way out of my price range, unfortunately.

The odours occasionally wafted from the laboratory were exceedingly strange. Sometimes they were noxious, but more often they were aromatic, with a haunting, elusive quality which seemed to have the power of inducing fantastic images.
People who smelled them had a tendency to glimpse momentary mirages of enormous vistas, with strange hills or endless avenues of sphinxes and hippogriffs stretching off into infinite distance.
- H.P. Lovecraft

vampir
#14 Posted : 10/14/2010 12:22:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My best advice for when making your device:

Make sure you have a LONG bowl. 0ne inch from the top of the bowl to where your herb/dmt sits is ideal. This way it will work like a vaporizing/GVG because your flame will never touch the spice. When you're pulling on your device, the flame will go into the bowl, but never touch your spice, making sure you don't burn it.