We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
- Options

Infinite I
#1 Posted : 10/7/2010 9:32:49 AM

JC

Wasnt sure where to put this Confused My mate just texted me to show me this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/...jungle-drug-hits-UK.html

Propoganda of the highest order, this newspaper is the lowest of the low when it comes to lies and sensationalism, it is being compared to crystal meth Rolling eyes It also says it was linked with a death in connecticut, surely this is blatant lies? which this paper is known for. Also it says the UK border agency caught 126 kilos of dmt, now im wondering if this is actually dmt or mimosa, or if it is yet more lies from this rag, which theres a good chance of. I think people should leave comments or write to Peter Stoker, of the National Drug Prevention Alliance who says its a nasty piece of work, he has a point I mean you cant walk down the street without being harrased by dmt junkies Rolling eyes

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 10/7/2010 9:48:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the most serious threat so far. The sun is no local ad shopper but a very influencial propaganda paper. And it seems that it already builds upon the false DMT pond story.

Congratulations, DMT is now officialy a deadly threat to society.

edit: Its also on the frontpage. This is very serious. I hope its not in the print edition.

KwisatzHaderach
#3 Posted : 10/7/2010 10:02:42 AM

everything is becoming

This is awful! This story is nothing but smut. I can't believe they completely falsified so much. Where is the justice?!
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

Phantastica
#4 Posted : 10/7/2010 10:09:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow, how disgusting and pathetic. i can't believe they're publishing this bullshit without any proof whatsoever.
"it's deadlier than meth" "suffering from nightmares" "126kg" and "linkage to deaths across the world" fuck this newspaper and fuck this author
<3

Dimitrius
#5 Posted : 10/7/2010 10:43:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intelligence will prevail. It's on the rise and this little smidgen will get crushed and shown for what it is under the wave.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

soulfood
#6 Posted : 10/7/2010 10:47:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

"Got a story? We pay £££ Call 0207 7824100"

Need I say more...

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 10/7/2010 10:57:44 AM

JC

obliguhl wrote:

edit: Its also on the frontpage. This is very serious. I hope its not in the print edition.

It was on page 15 or something, so not front page news. I hope your right dimitrius and intelligence does prevail because the way the world is atm it isnt.

soulfood
#8 Posted : 10/7/2010 11:31:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It's pretty weird with the meth comparison, not just because it's a load of bollocks, but also because every few years in the news some reporter says how meth is going to get really big in the UK and it never does. I've never met anyone who does meth to my knowledge and it certainly isn't big in the UK.

Methtical
#9 Posted : 10/7/2010 12:07:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is written by morons for morons. Hopefully this will just pass by unnoticed, since the X-factor is underway and there are footballers sleeping with prostitues every other day there is enough detritus for their demographic to feed upon. If it had been a slow week and made front page news I'd have been more concerned, but most readers don't get past page 3 I'd imagine. Still a ridiculous article, and anyone with half a brain could see straight through it....unfortunately you can't really be sure their readers possess even that...

Methtical

d*l*b
#10 Posted : 10/7/2010 2:37:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yup, the article sucks. At least the first comment made me laugh though Smile

Quote:
"New threat ... border cops seized record £13million of DMT arriving from Amazon"

From books through to electronics, is their anything you can't get from this internet retailer :-)
D × V × F > R

ms_manic_minxx
#11 Posted : 10/7/2010 5:38:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So many factual errors, too. Sad
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Skizm
#12 Posted : 10/7/2010 5:43:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahh, how little we have progressed over the years. I dunno about y'all, but we're hit with so much propaganda about drugs that all I can really do is laugh.

It is sad though, sad indeed Crying or very sad
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

gibran2
#13 Posted : 10/7/2010 5:56:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

The “progress” made for rational drug laws seems to always move one step forward, then two steps back.

Human beings are incredibly irrational, and it shows.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

hyperspacing
#14 Posted : 10/7/2010 5:59:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rediculous.

Amazing how the ingnorant spread ignorance like a virus.

I hate news media. All they do is fear monger. Try to scare everyone into thinking that they need to read or watch their bullshit.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

WSaged
#15 Posted : 10/7/2010 6:00:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone still think DMT being popularized & sensationalized through easy internet access is a good thing?

This is unfortunately just the beginning.
The fact that some shit-head-lie-rag is doing demonizing stories on the "latest drug trend" just goes to show how DMT is quickly becoming well known along side coke, meth & heroin to everyday people as it's web popularity grows.
I remember the hype stories about crack back in the 80's too, all full of BS & peaking the attention of every asshole wanting to get fucked up & escape.

Also, that fact that this story is only on the front page of the "web-version" of the paper (page 15 in print ver), clearly speaks to a target web-based audience.

Stock up on yer mimosa boys....

Thanks internet!Confused
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

corpus callosum
#16 Posted : 10/7/2010 6:15:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

126kg of DMT?

So guys, is the consensus here that they refer to mimosa?
I think if that amount of DMT crystal was seized it would make it into the more respectable media ie BBC etc.

Me thinks that business at the well-known suppliers may mushroom-forgive the mixed metaphor!Confused
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

gibran2
#17 Posted : 10/7/2010 6:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
126kg of DMT?

So guys, is the consensus here that they refer to mimosa?
I think if that amount of DMT crystal was seized it would make it into the more respectable media ie BBC etc.

Me thinks that business at the well-known suppliers may mushroom-forgive the mixed metaphor!Confused

The article said that the seized material had a value of £13 million and that a gram of it sells for £100, so based on that I’d say it was DMT that was seized and not mimosa.

There are more and more curious people out there who want to try it but don’t want to extract it, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens more often.

Regarding suppliers and their potential business – some of us stocked up after the Bouncing Bear raid and now have lifetime supplies. That’s good for some of us, but not a solution for all.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

corpus callosum
#18 Posted : 10/7/2010 6:27:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Ive just checked MHRB.co.uk-a reliable source-and there site has a news section; the post on it dated today states their mimosa is stuck in customs 'with no end in sight'.Could this be relevant?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Apoc
#19 Posted : 10/7/2010 6:29:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is very sad. I am surprised at just how much impossibly negative propaganda was squeezed in. It fit every false, fear mongering thing you could imagine. It's awful, but actually surprising how many buzz words they were able to fit in, in order to cause the most possible fear and misinformation, and misconceptions.

= that dmt is a "new" drug, and it is a bigger threat than anything ever seen.
= that "smugglers" are importing it from South America like cocaine. The threat of an international drug war.
= Somehow they even made it sound as though dmt is addictive, which it isn't at all.
= somehow they even made it sound as though users are on the streets prostituting or stealing to get dmt hits. Are you kidding me?
= Somehow, they even made the point that DMT expensive and rare. Yeah, RARE!!! DMT happens to exist naturally in every human, and throughout the living world.
= its effects are terrible, and cause schizophrenia.
= it has been linked to deaths around the world.

All of these points could easily be disputed, and shown to be factually incorrect. Interesting, we now have this severe fear mongering article coming out at the same time "The Spirit Molecule" has come out. Hopefully, as others have said, intelligence will prevail. I wonder if it's time for people to start writing articles of their own. Articles based on facts.

edit:
corpus callosum wrote:
Ive just checked MHRB.co.uk-a reliable source-and there site has a news section; the post on it dated today states their mimosa is stuck in customs 'with no end in sight'.Could this be relevant?

I checked out the site. It sounds like their product gets held up in customs all the time, and they're used to this kind of thing. If so, I think that article is nothing but a total hyperbole mixed with outright lies, just to sell newspapers and get views. After all, I wouldn't have read it or be talking about it if it wasn't so ridiculous. But according to MHRB.co.uk , their mimosa is held up be customs all the time. Obviously, customs knows about their product and have been passing it for some time. Customs and LE are aware that mimosa is passing through their borders. The article is just meant to frighten, or infuriate people like us who actually have knowledge on this subject.

gibran2
#20 Posted : 10/7/2010 6:50:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
That is very sad. I am surprised at just how much impossibly negative propaganda was squeezed in. It fit every false, fear mongering thing you could imagine. It's awful, but actually surprising how many buzz words they were able to fit in, in order to cause the most possible fear and misinformation, and misconceptions.

After reading your post, I went through the article and pulled out the following:

Quote:
mind-busting, brain-bending, menace, crystal meth, suffer, terrifying, paranoia, flashbacks, schizophrenia, smugglers, deadly, methamphetamine, latest drug trend, dealers, big money, intercepted, agonizing, violently sick, nightmares, takes hold of our young, a nasty piece of work, cocaine, deaths, desctructive

Fair and balanced, wouldn't you say?

123NEXT»