We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
if only you could see what i've seen with your eyes Options

FR33M4S0N
#1 Posted : 10/7/2010 11:28:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm quite happy to have found your forum! I would have continued trolling but I found this topic " Street Value of DMT" and it really spoke to me.

Here's a little about me...

My life has always been driven by curiosity. As a child I read voraciously, and loved to take things apart and put them back together. My interest in exploration of the mind began very early. I don't recall when I first became aware of the possibility of using drugs as a tool, but I'm sure it came from something I read. I never believed the scare tactics used in school regarding psychedelic drugs, but strangely I believed everything they said about heroin, cocaine, meth, etc. I can't explain why, but as a grade school age kid, I called their B.S.

At the age of 12, I really became obsessed with procuring LSD and Marijuana. Other kids were drinking and smoking pot, but I had no interest in hanging out in the woods and "getting fucked up". I remember the first time I scored some grass. The dealer was put off that I didn't want to hang out, get high, and watch TV. I went straight home and methodically experimented. In pretty short order, I realized that you can only get "so high" with pot. (I'll never understand folks who'll burn a quarter a day of hydro...).

Once I confirmed that pot wasn't the route, I tried to track down some acid. This took a few years. It wasn't until I was 15 that I finally got a few hits. Again, my source wanted me to drop with him and go to (for crissakes!) the HOMECOMING GAME. No way. It took years to get the stuff. I went straight home and took two hits, closed my eyes and waited. Not much happened, but I could tell that this was much closer to what I was looking for.

Fast forward to College. I now had contact with a Berkeley chemist and a steady source of liquid and blotter. I took bathtubs of the stuff... and I saw glimpses of what I was looking for. But these flashes, as infinite as they seemed at the time, faded quickly, and required me to try again and again. And those of you that know, the ratio of trip length to peak is pretty shitty. During that time I also sold a lot of acid. I sold enough to cover a lot of my school expenses. I sold enough for all the CD's I wanted. I sold enough for a killer audiophile stereo. I sold to people that had no fucking business doing acid.

Then I took psilocybin.

For some weird reason, mushrooms were completely off my radar. I knew about them, but never came across them. I was in a bar on campus, and there was this older hippie looking dude sitting next to me. I struck up a conversation, and found out he was from Taos. I had been there (during an acid buying junket) and we shared stories. I noticed that every couple minutes, he would reach into his lap and grab what I thought was popcorn, and munch away. Feeling a little peckish, I asked him what he was eating.
"Shrooms", he replied, "want some?".
"Sure, how much?"
"Oh", he chuckled. "I never sell them, they're sacred."
I lit up at this. I knew LSD was a sacrament, but never treated it as such, I abused it and profited by it. This guys words rang true. Would Castanada's Don Juan sell his sacrament in Dead show parking lots?
My new friend opened the bag and handed me some. He said, "I just eat 'em until I don't want any more. They tell me when to stop, and I always get off." So I munched away, to my heart's content.

We spent the evening together going through the usual trippy giggles, yawns, etc. Eventually, he needed to head back to where he was staying, and I headed home. That was when I REALLY learned what was going on.
I got home and checked the time, and we'd only spent a few hours together. The mushrooms hadn't even taken full effect. It seemed that he knew things were going to get heavy, and had to bug out. As I lay down on my bed and listened to "The Master Musicians of Jajouka", the strength of the dose became rapidly apparent. I experienced prolonged hallucinations, those that I had searched for in vain with LSD. I relaxed, breathed meditativly, and went inside/outside.
This isn't a trip-a-log, so I won't bore you with the details. Regardless, it was a breakthrough trip.

The important part of the whole experience is the notion of sacrament. I never sold drugs after that night, and I haven't done any other psychedelics other than psilo. I would from time to time procure massive amounts, and would invite people to join me. Often they would want to buy some for later, but I wouldn't budge. It was truly stunning how many of my "friends" didn't grasp the concept of sacrament. Incidentally, most of those people are long out of my life. I guess they probably weren't really friends.

I became aware of DMT through the writings of McKenna, though I guess I'd really known about it much longer from Burroughs' Yage (Ayahuasca?). I've held a deep interest in trying out Ayahuasca, but a trip to the Amazon was a dream and DMT seemed to be something the ravers were getting into. I wanted none of that scene (Special K, GHB... yuck). So, I've yet to take the trip to hyperspace.

I'd hoped that I would someday befriend a fellow head who would turn me on, but now that I live in the Deep South, that is looking pretty unlikely. So I'll have to brush up on my skills, and check out the tec. If I do, get a batch, it will be nice to be back in the position of sharing the sacrament with willing and deserving people.

...oh yeah, about my name. Yes I am, and we control the world. Just as you and everyone else do.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jbark
#2 Posted : 10/7/2010 12:33:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the eloquent introduction. I liked your story and enjoyed tracking your evolution from 12 to now - these substances, when approached with dignity and humility and respect, have a way of maturing one up, fast! Read around the forums some more and if you haven't already, read the FAQ and the Health & Safety sections.

Oh yeah - and pull up a damn chair, join the fray and morph into the NEXT US.Very happy

Welcome,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

pau
#3 Posted : 10/7/2010 10:08:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the touching, heartwarming intro report.
I could not be reminded too often of how these substances are sacraments.

Wondering if you ever tried San Pedro? In the right quantity, it's yet another door-opening breakthrough.

This forum has given me the info and guts needed to quitely try aya on my own, and it is wonderful ... indeed a sacrament. May you also benefit from the collective wisdom and consciousness that is the Nexus.

WHOA!