We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca + Staph infection? Options

bringeroflight
#1 Posted : 10/7/2010 2:42:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends,

swim and his girlfriend are considering a possible huasca journey in the next few days, but his girlfriend seems to be ailed with a staph infection at the moment. Anyone know how MAOI's and DMT might interact with said infection? Can anyone say for sure whether it's at least safe? Or would it be better to wait until a time of non-infection for such an adventure? swim thought there may be a possibility of the huasca actually aiding to heal the infection, since the brew and its allies are often said to be detoxifying.

Also, swim's girlfriend's a real lightweight. 1g of cube mushrooms is usually all it takes for her to have a strong experience. About how much DMT fumarate might be equivalent to this?
I am awake in a dream called reality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:16:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

When you say the girl in question has a 'staph infection' ,what exactly do you mean? And is she on any treatment for it?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

bringeroflight
#3 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:19:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's an infection of the skin.. a small spot on her face is affected. Yes, she's using some herbal remedies and some pro-biotics to overcome. Wondered if the huasca might empower, or disempower her body's ability to ward off this menace.

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:34:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Right. I doubt a solitary pustule (great word that conjures up a scuzzy imageSmile !) which is not causing her to feel unwell or feverish and doesnt appear to be enlarging should be adversely affected by a voyage to that placeLaughing
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

bringeroflight
#5 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:45:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim figures the same. He tends to think the plants will aid healing, if anything. But of course, he doesn't really know.

Any suggestions on dosage?

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 10/7/2010 6:17:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

skullhuman wrote:
Hello friends,

Also, swim's girlfriend's a real lightweight. 1g of cube mushrooms is usually all it takes for her to have a strong experience. About how much DMT fumarate might be equivalent to this?

hello skullhuman, (great name)
as far as the infection i agree that i feel other than a drain of energy from the intense experience i could only see caapi being a good thing for her body but i am not a doctor.

as far as your statement highlighted above it gives me a moment of pause.
claiming to have a strong experience on 1g of mushrooms you really have to wonder. that's a really low dose so it sounds pretty likely to me one of two things,
either she really is having a strong trip (doubtful)
or
her idea of what a strong experience is is way off base and she is extremely sensitive to the experience. (kudo's for her. so much cheaper that way:lolSmile

just keep that in mind when dosing especially with the admixtures, a little bit to us may feel like a tidal wave to herShocked Twisted Evil Embarrased . 1g of mushrooms could never prepare you for what a strong ayahuasca ceremony can be like intensity wise.

have a great journey, be informed. do your reading and research then drink with confidence my friends.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

picatris
#7 Posted : 10/7/2010 2:09:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi skullhuman

Spice or the MAOI are unlikely to have any effect on the infection. However your girlfriend's mind certainly can. DMT will unleash your girlfriend's mind and if she is not in a supportive environment she may become very unbalanced with all types of possible adverse reactions.

So it's basically up to her. With 1g of shromms, despite her heavy trip, can she handle it well? If such a dose deranges her on the inside (pretty common, albeit infrequently reported) I would certainly advise against it. On the other hand, if after a heavy trip, she comes out enlightened and stronger, then you can go for it and enjoy the ride!

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

bringeroflight
#8 Posted : 10/7/2010 9:19:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

She's not inexperienced with psychedelics, she's tripped many times. She just finds 1g to be all it takes usually to have an insightful time. But this particular experience will be a first for us both, and since she seems to be so sensitive I think starting on the low end is wise. I figure 20mg should probably do the trick for her.

I believe when used properly, psychedelics can give access to healing which is already and always available to us, if we're ready to allow it.

olympus mon
#9 Posted : 10/7/2010 11:11:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

skullhuman wrote:
She's not inexperienced with psychedelics, she's tripped many times. She just finds 1g to be all it takes usually to have an insightful time.

insightful is probably more accurate than strong. i think starting off slow is always wise but 20g caapi might be a bit too low. get some other opinions but maybe 25-35g caapi if your looking to have a chance at a decent experience. i base this number on past readings. 40g is the lowest ive heard of being too strong for anyone and thats pretty darn low for overload.

whats your planned admixture and whats your dose? will you be drinking them together or separately. addy's are a pretty important part of the brew too so dont just focus on the caapi unless your just planning on doing caapi only.

bringeroflight
#10 Posted : 10/8/2010 4:47:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thinking now of just brewing caapi and mimosa separately 3x3hrs, with some lemon. I'll probably aim to have 40g caapi, 3g mimosa for myself and a bit less for her. Sound reasonable for a first step inside the aya realm?

olympus mon
#11 Posted : 10/8/2010 9:45:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skullhuman wrote:
Thinking now of just brewing caapi and mimosa separately 3x3hrs, with some lemon. I'll probably aim to have 40g caapi, 3g mimosa for myself and a bit less for her. Sound reasonable for a first step inside the aya realm?

honestly i think its best to do a caapi only first but some choose to jump right into full spectrum. id say your suggested dose sounds fine but seems a little high on the mimosa to me. 3g is way more than i would want to deal with personally especially with only 40g caapi to balance things out. i have very strong experiences from 1.5g mhrb and i stay between 1.5-2g mhrb with 100g caapi.

there's nothing wrong with 40g caapi but in full blown aya id way rather have too much caapi than not enough. caapi will help regulate the potential of overwhelming intensity the dmt brings to the picture. in other words its the comforting energy in what can be a crazy world. why not 50g? a common recommended starting dose. 50g should give you maoi to get the dmt working if its brewed correctly and you have an empty stomach.

mimosa doesnt need to be brewed the full 3x3 imo but it cant hurt. i just do 2x1 hour washes. that is if its powdered.
dont use lemon it tastes much nastier. use didtilled vinegar. 1-2 tablespoon per gallon distilled h20.

ms_manic_minxx
#12 Posted : 10/9/2010 5:11:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a nasty OMGWTF flu attack, and found drinking just Caapi (no admixture) to be helpful. Eased a lot of the aches in my body... Also drank loads of Ayahuasca and smoked tons of changa while my foot was broken, and it healed unusually fast. The mind can definitely impact healing in a positive way.

If your girlfriend is comfortable, you pay great attention to set, setting, etc., everyone is educated and prepared, I see no harm in trying it!

Just... don't be afraid to seek out other medical attention if necessary. Pleased Balance and respect to all things. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test