We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT for head aches? Options

Key Omen
#1 Posted : 10/7/2010 12:38:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found this pharmie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumatriptan
It sketches me out what with all the side effects, it actually turns your blood green. Personally DMT did not help my head ache when I tried using it for that, though it may have been a stress induced head ache and I notice if I am not totally relaxed dmt can make me more stressed and even shakey. I do not remember the description for this, but it is related to one of the 5 symptoms of stress that I skimmed in the book "Urban Shaman." Who gets migranes? Anyone dare try releaving it with DMT?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

digital_phreedom
#2 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:16:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get migraines sometimes, and my father has suffered from chronic cluster migraines for as long as I can remember... Mushrooms and LSD have successfully stopped horrible migraines dead in their tracks for me. My dad would never use illegal drugs though, so I got some HBWR seeds for him that he's considering trying in the future.

Of the triptan medications for migraines I have tried Sumatriptan (Imitrex), and Elitripan (Relpax). The former did nothing to help, and the latter would work if I took it at the first sign of a migraine coming on.. To date the best remedy for my headaches, besides certain psychedelics, is catching them early on and knocking it hard with a large dose of caffeine, ibuprofen, and tylenol.

As far as DMT goes.. I'd think it should work, in theory.. Most tryptamines do, although I guess that doesn't mean it will apply to them all.. Although I'd be willing to wager that smoking would be a very ineffective method to stop a headache because of the smoke irritating the headache to begin with, and it's very short duration. Aya/Pharmauasca would probably be more effective for a headache.. Though for trying to lose a headache, that's probably a little overkill Smile
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 10/7/2010 9:54:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Centre
#4 Posted : 10/10/2010 6:41:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WTF, DMT for migraines. Jeez bru, have you EVER broken through? I'd take the migraine thank you. I don't want to go into DMT while I have any kind of discomfort of any kind.

I made a promise to myself that I'll only do DMT on a PERFECT day after PERFECT waves and with me in TOTAL ecstasy. Any less is blasphemy.

I once used a Sally D 10x and Changa combo to relieve boredom. I have never done Sally or DMT before that experience. I was given 2 doses of sally and 2 doses of Changa by a friend, and I first smoked one dose of Sally D (Kept it in for 40 seconds too.) and didn't quite take off. Then I combined the remaining sally with all the changa and lit up while still high on the first dose of Sally D.

Good God I was in for a surprise. I expected to leave this world, but that isn't what I got, I got something way weirder. Then I was given a magick changa blend (blasphemy to call it changa IMHO, it was alchemical GOLD.) by Professor8, and again I expected to go to leave my body and go to some place in deep space. WRONG, I went inside myself, while 1/2 the trip I tried to leave my body. Really uncomfortable.
I only recently realized the reason both experiences was so harrowing was because of my expectation of "going" somewhere, while in fact I was only going into myself.

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 10/10/2010 6:57:59 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

The Centre wrote:
WTF, DMT for migraines. Jeez bru, have you EVER broken through? I'd take the migraine thank you. I don't want to go into DMT while I have any kind of discomfort of any kind.

I guess you don't have anyone near you who suffers from heavy migraines, else you would not make this statement.

So yes, I guess there would be a lot of migraine people who prefer one half hour of a good DMT journey above days to even weeks of one of the worst pains available.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 10/10/2010 7:40:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Headaches are understood so much better these days and The American Headache Association has classified the different types beautifully.People understandably use the generic terms such as 'migraine' or 'cluster migraine' etc but the key to effective treatment is to pin down exactly what type is being referred to.

Certain types of these headaches definitely can respond well to psychedelics particularly LSD and this is due to the intrinsic nature of serotonins role in the pathways which mediate the headache process centrally.

In terms of prevention, one of the best discoveries fairly recently is that the anti-epileptic drug Topiramate works well for many different types.It can also be very effective in aiding weight loss as it suppresses the appetite in many patients but its not used for this purpose as yet.

There are no hard or fast rules though- people are a diverse bunch after all and what might settle Joes headache might make Jacks headache worse.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

rave420
#7 Posted : 10/10/2010 8:03:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i suffered from hardcore migraines ever since i was six years old.
The medication my doctor prescribes me (naratriptan) costs 150$ a pill, and there is a 50/50 chance of it working out okay or making me REALLY sick ontop of my migraine.
I don't have a lot of money Sad so staying home and missing a day instead going to work and taking a pill is actually a lot cheaper for me. This is the true reason i started to research DMT in the first place.

50mg DMT Fumarate snorted has better and quicker relief than any man made chemical could ever bring on. And it doesn't really get me all that high either. I can snort some, and go on about my business while i slowly feel the migraine disappearing. I may notice some patterns in textures around me, but 50mgs wears off fast, but the migraine doesn't come back Smile

DMT does cure migraines and cluster headaches. I prefer snorting over smoking, because smoking is just WAY to intense, and if you are already in pain then you don't feel tempted at all to smoke some. Snorting though, i can feel relief set in in 5 - 10 minutes. If i take it right at the onset of a migraine i can stop it in it's tracks. Once the migraine is established though, it's hard to get rid off. Sometimes my migraines last up to three days, it's just hellish. However, a bit of snorted DMT at the right time, and voila, it's gone.

vibrancy3
#8 Posted : 10/10/2010 8:59:01 PM

Josh

well i would go with the typical lots of air and water and no weed for a little while

through i cant say much i dont think i have ever had a migraine? maybe heavy headache

GalactivatedMuse
#9 Posted : 10/10/2010 9:39:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone with cluster headaches or migraines should look no further than LSD. Also for your father. The precursor to LSD is available in pill form online (The pills are called caffergot and are worth a shot.). I believe it has the same properties of alleviating the headache as the LSD does.

With the dose of LSD it is known that only a smallllll amount is needed to help stop the frequency of headaches. (like a quarter of a hit) 10 ug or so. Or stop them all together.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih..../pubmedhealth/PMH0000048

Love and light.
Currently pulling stories and knowledge together to start a work of fiction. Anything expressed on the forum is related directly to my dreams, my love for fiction, and my love for information. "The magic is in the mind."

Electric.Sight
#10 Posted : 10/11/2010 1:49:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't regularly suffer from migraines although I have had them infrequently in the past.

I've never used tryptamines to cure a migraine, but whenever I take 4-aco-dmt (mushroom analog) it feels like it's massaging my brain!
I could see this being VERY useful for migraines, possibly more-so than regular mushrooms (which I have read are quite helpful against migraines.)

4-aco-dmt is wayyy gentler than DMT, a light threshold dose will last longer than DMT(4-8h instead of .5h) and be nowhere near as stressful.
In my opinion 4-aco-dmt will likely be more useful than DMT for migraines.

Something that gives 4-aco-dmt an edge over real mushrooms is the ability for quicker sublingual absorption. LSD obviously has this advantage too.

What is really appealing here is the shorter duration to something like LSD. In my case even a barely-threshold dose of LSD is enough to keep me up all night. I imagine a small oral dose of 5-10mg of 4-aco-dmt would be more than enough to abort a migraine and still allow one to get to sleep relatively easily.

Sorry I don't have any real experience in this area to confirm my beliefs.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.