We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT overdose Options

Oceanbaby888
#1 Posted : 10/6/2010 5:41:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

For the first time 2 days ago i watched someone take NN DMT....It was scary to watch, but they had an amazing time. it was 30 mins before they came round, which from reading seemed a little long. The next night, i.e last night i too tried it, i tried to guesstimate what had been put in before, but i must of got it wrong....i believe the dosage was somewhere between 250-350mg. Although i believe that this was only just more than my friend used, he only took half what was in the bottle and there was still some stickiness in the foil afterwards.

I on the otherhand not wanting to do too little, as i had heard this was bad, took the top off and inhaled the whole bottle in one, leaving no residue in the foil. I was out like a light. 30 mins later i came out seeing 3 people round me, 2 were crying, there faces were melting, but i was aware that it wasnt real, and just concentrated on their arms....soon i was back in the room feeling ok, my first words were 'i remember nothing' i seriously dont, not a thing! I had trouble sleeping that night, as everytime i would go to nod off, my feet and hands would tingle and i would feel like i was slipping back into whatever it was i went into. Still today i feel the tingles, my eyes are moving around alot when i close my eyes, i am a little off balance, i am finding myself taking deep breaths, and i have had a head ache since i got up.

I dont feel right at all, similar to a hangover, but different, feel very faint. I hope this all subsides by tomorrow. I feel sooo stupid, for just guesstimating the dosage, and getting it soooo wrong, i must have gone through sooo much and i didnt get to experience a thing! Maybe that was a blessing in disguise?? I am probably lucky just to be here. Has anybody else seen or heard of someone being under for 30 mins and remembering nothing? What dosage did you take? This maybe better answered in the the main forum, but as i am a new member i have to post it here. Please dont slate me too much, i am already aware of what a twat ive been.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jbark
#2 Posted : 10/6/2010 6:06:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all, 100mg is a HUGE dose, let alone the amount you took. You need to do more research before diving in... read a lot on this forum and you'll see that most dose between 20-40mg, with some venturing to 50 and a little beyond. I know how harrowing high doses are from experience, so I suggest also that you get a mg scale. They can be had cheap (20-50$)

Hang in there!! We all make mistakes, and their only value is in their acknowledgment. And thanks for posting - if one other person reads and heeds your warning, your trip won't have been in vain!

JBArk

Edit: welcome to the Nexus BTW!
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Oceanbaby888
#3 Posted : 10/6/2010 6:14:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks buddy, cool of you to be nice about it.....i guess the next few days/weeks will tell whether it has had any longer term affects....i really hope not! It was strange because the first thing i wanted to do when i came out of it was to do it again properly.....not that anyone in that room would of let me.....i feel soo let down! I may have seen something profound, i cannot see any cases of someone taking more than 200mg, and from what i have read they have had mental problems for years after! Is it pretty normal to be out for 25-30mins, my friend, who must of had at least 100mg was out for the same time period, but came out crying with happiness! Have you or anyone you know, had bad side effects the next day?

shoe
#4 Posted : 10/6/2010 6:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has accidentally smoked ~200-250mg before and that was a hell of a ride. I don't know how you can possibly not remember a thing; SWIM remembers all sorts of shit; he looked at his hands and saw the number of fingers duplicate off approaching infinity (gets the general idea across)... encountered alien beings in the form of cars, who had come to check on the level of the trip, since it was so high. the distinct impression that there was some abduction that occured, they just seeped into our reality, opening out our (3D + 1D Time) experience into another dimension, 5D, and entering in through it that way. It was so simple, as if you'd imagine flatlanders becoming aware of a new dimension.

And yes, the trip lasted approximately 30 minutes, which for a smoked experience with no MAOI's, highlights the heroic dose.
It was a hell of a ride. A much better way to explore those kind of depths is to get some MAOi's in your system, rue or caapi, which are powerful teachers in combination with smoked DMT.

my point is though, I don't think you can overdose on DMT. It's not toxic.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Entheojen
#5 Posted : 10/6/2010 6:33:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You say you inhaled it? Rather than smoke it? I wonder if that makes any difference to duration and effect. Also, did you or your friend extract it themselves?
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

hyperspacing
#6 Posted : 10/6/2010 6:59:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before I got a mg scale I did a large dose by accident. I remember only patches of being stuck in a loop. I remember closing my eyes and what I saw scared the hell out of me and I had to open my eyes. This looped over and over. For the life of me I can't recall what I saw with my eyes closed. Just the room I was in, wich was completely diffrent everytime I opened my eyes.

It was the most terrifying experience of my life. I forced myself to try again an hour later. I didn't want to leave it on a bad note. Lol
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

gibran2
#7 Posted : 10/6/2010 7:16:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

shoe wrote:
...my point is though, I don't think you can overdose on DMT. It's not toxic.

Not true! I don’t remember where I read it (maybe Strassman?), but I do remember reading that a lethal dose of DMT is somewhere in the several gram range. It would be physically impossible (without assistance) to smoke a lethal dose, but it would be quite easy to ingest a lethal dose with MAOIs.

It IS possible to take a fatal overdose of DMT.

@ Oceanbaby888 – it isn’t clear how you took your dose. You took a top off of a bottle, left no residue on aluminum foil? What was your method of ingestion?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

KwisatzHaderach
#8 Posted : 10/6/2010 7:53:18 PM

everything is becoming

Sounds like he did it in a waterfall type smoking style (where you take like a gatoraide bottle and turn the top into a bowl with aluminum foil. Fill it with water, lit the bowl, and let the falling water vaporize the bowl...all that's left is to inhale all the smoke within the bottle).

If you did it this way, with 250-300mg WOWIE! No wonder you don't remember anything haha. I tried smoking that much in a sandwich bowl once. After 2 large bong rips I literally couldn't smoke anymore before I "blacked out" and was within the universe. By using the waterfall technique everything gets smoked, so he probably actually dosed the whole amount! A scale should definitely be in your future mate, a little goes a LONG way in my experience.

Welcome to nexus! Very happy
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

Oceanbaby888
#9 Posted : 10/6/2010 10:00:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That was exactly the method i used.....except i wasnt supposed to suck it all from the top, should of inhaled it through the biro pen i had inserted in the side. From the moment i sucked up all the smoke....i was gone, and and then i woke up.....felt a bit tingly but that was it....closed my eyes and lay down to see if i could get any visuals....but got nothing. All today, i have felt faint, dizzy, tingly, and head achy....i have a slight feeling something is watching me, a massive feeling of missing out on something, but that is to be expected i guess. The DMT i used is pure yellowy/orange crystals, and has been used many times with good results.

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 10/6/2010 10:08:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear about the rough ride, but I'm not buying anybody's 200-250mg fish stories. Do you have any idea how much vapor that much material generates? There's just no way for any human being with whatever size lung capacity to inhale and absorb anywhere near that volume of spice before losing motor control - and doing so in one inhallation? That's frat house fantasy, I'm sorry.

Clearly you overshot the mark, as evidenced by your blackout. Buy a scale and work your way up. With an efficient device and solid technique, you really don't need a whole lot. 40-50mgs in a GVG will rip you to pieces, I promise.

KwisatzHaderach
#11 Posted : 10/6/2010 10:09:07 PM

everything is becoming

yeah man I had a feeling you did it that way. If I was you, I would take some time to do some yoga, meditate before bed, eat my vitamins (B6 especially) and chill out before taking another journey. Allow yourself to slowly reach baseline. After all, you did just smoke about 10 doses in one hit. A massive intake of tryptamines like that could potentially have your body on the fritz (I'm not sure why the these "after effects" are so prolonged though).

Hyperspace will always be there waiting for you Pleased

Good Luck
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst

Oceanbaby888
#12 Posted : 10/6/2010 10:43:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheers buddy.....any good meditation sources u would recommend for a newbie? I quite often listen to binaural delta brainwaves before bed, but that is about it. I am quite healthy, and have a pretty large lung capacity. Spoke to a friend today, who explained, that he usually sprinkles it on like a pinch of salt, i did about half a tea spoon (not heaped of course) The package i was given, was just over a gram, after 2 hits, there is now about half left, baring in mind i took quite a bit more than the guy the night before!

I am definitely going to be leaving it, for a while, at least a few weeks after feeling completely fine.....i am still sooo curious.....quite into my quantum physics, so this was really supposed to be my journey into the molecular world.....one day hey!

Eric The Midget
#13 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:40:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oceanbaby888 wrote:
Hi,

For the first time 2 days ago i watched someone take NN DMT....It was scary to watch, but they had an amazing time. it was 30 mins before they came round, which from reading seemed a little long. The next night, i.e last night i too tried it, i tried to guesstimate what had been put in before, but i must of got it wrong....i believe the dosage was somewhere between 250-350mg. Although i believe that this was only just more than my friend used, he only took half what was in the bottle and there was still some stickiness in the foil afterwards.

I on the otherhand not wanting to do too little, as i had heard this was bad, took the top off and inhaled the whole bottle in one, leaving no residue in the foil. I was out like a light. 30 mins later i came out seeing 3 people round me, 2 were crying, there faces were melting, but i was aware that it wasnt real, and just concentrated on their arms....soon i was back in the room feeling ok, my first words were 'i remember nothing' i seriously dont, not a thing! I had trouble sleeping that night, as everytime i would go to nod off, my feet and hands would tingle and i would feel like i was slipping back into whatever it was i went into. Still today i feel the tingles, my eyes are moving around alot when i close my eyes, i am a little off balance, i am finding myself taking deep breaths, and i have had a head ache since i got up.

I dont feel right at all, similar to a hangover, but different, feel very faint. I hope this all subsides by tomorrow. I feel sooo stupid, for just guesstimating the dosage, and getting it soooo wrong, i must have gone through sooo much and i didnt get to experience a thing! Maybe that was a blessing in disguise?? I am probably lucky just to be here. Has anybody else seen or heard of someone being under for 30 mins and remembering nothing? What dosage did you take? This maybe better answered in the the main forum, but as i am a new member i have to post it here. Please dont slate me too much, i am already aware of what a twat ive been.

I too seem to be having after-effects, and I recognise some aspects of your experience. In my case, they have not felt a significiant problem or a threat to my health.

nb..I dont know the science of these things to give an informed explanation or actual advice.

I took my first dose 5 days ago.. 70mg, using a water bong (sandwiched).

I seem to have "broken through" for 30 mins and have a vivid memory of it. This was followed by milder tripping for another 90 mins.

Like you, I feel like I slip back into it, although I am enjoying that a lot. It feels like it (the experience/orientation of dmt) is always there in the background, and I get a sense that it's not really a new thing and has always been there, but has been newly rediscovered. Compared to before the trip, everything feels different and like the world is a different thing connected in a different way. Different, but good.

I have also felt tingles and faint at times.. although it has always felt of the same nature as the physical side of a panic attack. After a few bursts of it coming and going, it's become of no concern to me. It doesnt feel like a strange way for the body to reflect the intensity of experrience and shift in perception of the trip and life after.

My eyes seem to move a lot when I close them too.. like they have been loosened and are swinging around. It feels like there is a twitching of surrounding muscles.. or that my eyes are being being led by strings/magnets.

I keep remembering the movie Flatliners Shocked

I have used lecithin and choline before to increase the memory of DXM trips. Maybe that would work with DMT too. I have not checked the safety of this combo btw, but there may be something in teh forums about it. I suspect the memory loss was about the massive dose you took though.

Oceanbaby888
#14 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:31:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It is now the second day after the trip, my head still hurts, but has moved from the back of my head to the middle and sides. I have a feeling that something needs to be fixed or resolved. my hands and feet still tingle, and when i move, its almost like the air around me is thicker, everything is just slightly slower. Sudden sounds or movements make me jump, bit like when smoking weed and u brush against something. I think if it carries on tomorrow, i'll go see a doctor. I dreamt last night, which is good, but it was just a normal one.....i am quite a prevalent and detailed dreamer. i remember a lot and can even influence my dreams while in them. i am nearly always aware that i am in a dream, especially if something scares me, i can change it or make noises or even call my partners name to wake me up.

Having now weighed what is left in the packet....i can almost def say i did between 300-350...from researching the internet as much as possible, i cannot find any evidence of anyone doing over 200mg....if my calculations are true, that would mean i have taken way more than any other documented cases....i am not in any way proud of this fact, but it worries me, as it is uncharted territory, especially for a first time.

Does anybody here believe it would be beneficial to take a much smaller does again, as this may set things right? if so, do you believe i should wait at least a few weeks, maybe these symptoms wont go until i do, or maybe it will make things worse? Will what i see the next time, overcome any bad feeling i have now?

Also on a slightly different line of thought, do people believe there to be a correlation between the amount of pain/thrashing/contortionism/moaning that goes on to the kind of trip you are having?

Methtical
#15 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:49:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you are overthinking it and by doing so you are making yourself aware of every little tingle and feeling and believe it to be a result of smoking spice, when were this to happen any other given day you probably wouldn't even notice it. I can't really see what good is going to come of going to a doctor "Hi Doc I smoked this stuff the other night that you've probably never even heard of and I feel funny, can you fix me?". How did you aquire the DMT? Was it extracted yourself or by your friend? If it was acquired by less favourable methods then who's to say what you were smoking, it's more likely that any impurities present would be responsible for these after-effects rather than the spice itself.

I honestly don't know how people can approach spice without any research or thought going in to it, had you taken 5 minutes to read around you would have known that a dosage that high is far too much and that you can't eyeball the dosage, but unfortunately it seems that this is asking too much of peoples attention spans these days...

Methtical

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 10/7/2010 5:43:34 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Oceanbaby888 wrote:
I on the otherhand not wanting to do too little, as i had heard this was bad

This is incorrect! We at the DMT-Nexus even encourage to start with a low dose. There really is NOTHING bad about a small dosage, it will let your body slowly adapt to the substance before you ever try to take a bigger rip.

As for your mega dosage you took; NOT a smart move. Pleased

Of course you can die from an overdose of anything, even water. What is important here is how much is too much. The LD50 of DMT for mice where the DMT was injected into muscles is stated as 110 mg/kg:
http://www.erowid.org/ps...sychoactives_ld50s.shtml

You can probably find more LD50's for other ways of administration online.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

gibran2
#17 Posted : 10/7/2010 5:51:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oceanbaby888 wrote:
...Having now weighed what is left in the packet....i can almost def say i did between 300-350...from researching the internet as much as possible, i cannot find any evidence of anyone doing over 200mg....if my calculations are true, that would mean i have taken way more than any other documented cases....i am not in any way proud of this fact, but it worries me, as it is uncharted territory, especially for a first time.

Based on experience, it is relatively easy to inhale 30mg of DMT vapor in a single breath. I can imagine that 60-70mg in a single breath is possible, but would be difficult and uncomfortable. More than that, due to vapor density and/or volume, is simply not possible in a single inhalation.

To inhale 350mg would require 5-10 deep inhalations followed by 15-20 sec. of holding after each one. (That’s over three minutes of inhaling and holding, without ever coming up for fresh air.) After one or two, maybe three, inhalations of this size, you’d be physically unable to inhale more.

So regardless of how much you think you may have smoked, it is very unlikely that your dose was much greater than 70mg or so. That’s a big dose, but it’s not “way more than any other documented cases”.

(For many people, 25-30mg when properly vaporized is more than enough to take them as far as, or further than, they want to go.)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

KwisatzHaderach
#18 Posted : 10/7/2010 7:31:28 PM

everything is becoming

The only reason I'm gonna support this guy and say that he might have smoked the entire dose at once is because he did it through a waterfall. As Art V said "it's a frat house fantasy." Well in that case, he is exactly right. The waterfall method is meant to fuck you up. It is entirely possible to smoke an entire gram of MJ at once with this technique (perhaps in 2-3 tokes). And I would say there is more smoke to 1g of MJ, than 300mg of spice.

I am not sure about the science behind it, but because of the way the water does all the "smoking" for you, it literally vaporizes everything. I think also because of the water and the volume, it condenses the smoke. If he had said he smoked 300mg any other method (bong, gvg, etc.) then I would say this is false, because then it would be impossible. You literally couldn't smoke it all before you probably lost motor control (god this sounds like an awful trip anyway). But with the waterfall (aka gravity bong), you'd be surprised what those things can dish out.

But really Ocean, as Methtical said, "you're over thinking it." Your brain is completely built to handle the DMT molecule, however you just simply took WAY too much. And that hurting in your brain is probably akin to the feeling after having a massive hangover. And what it's been 2 days since? Yeah I would factor that to a "hangover" caused by too much. Your brain cells are crying out, but you're alive with a lesson learned.

And remember DMT gives you what you need not what you want. When you treat it like that, it's gonna give you a massive wake up call because perhaps that's what you needed...like blacking out for 30 mins and not remembering anything.

peace

In an interstellar burst

gibran2
#19 Posted : 10/7/2010 9:14:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KwisatzHaderach wrote:
The only reason I'm gonna support this guy and say that he might have smoked the entire dose at once is because he did it through a waterfall. As Art V said "it's a frat house fantasy." Well in that case, he is exactly right. The waterfall method is meant to fuck you up. It is entirely possible to smoke an entire gram of MJ at once with this technique (perhaps in 2-3 tokes). And I would say there is more smoke to 1g of MJ, than 300mg of spice.

I am not sure about the science behind it, but because of the way the water does all the "smoking" for you, it literally vaporizes everything. I think also because of the water and the volume, it condenses the smoke. If he had said he smoked 300mg any other method (bong, gvg, etc.) then I would say this is false, because then it would be impossible. You literally couldn't smoke it all before you probably lost motor control (god this sounds like an awful trip anyway). But with the waterfall (aka gravity bong), you'd be surprised what those things can dish out.

DMT behaves nothing like MJ when vaporized:

Vaporized DMT produces an incredible amount of “smoke”. Smoking technique is very important, regardless of the type of device being used.

When DMT is liquefied, it will migrate away from the heat source. So if it is vaporized on aluminum over a bottle, much of it will run to the underside of the aluminum and the edges of the bottle. Once away from the heat, it just sits there and doesn’t get vaporized.

---- Much of the DMT may have been lost in this way.

Vaporized DMT rapidly condenses. Anyone with a glass vaporizer (such as the GVG) can see this firsthand. A large volume of very dense DMT vapor will immediately begin condensing on the inner walls of a jar/bottle. The more dense the vapor, the more rapidly it will condense.

---- More DMT is lost due to condensation.

Very dense DMT vapor is not easy to hold in one’s lungs. It is necessary to hold the vapor in the lungs for a relatively long period of time (20-30 seconds) in order to fully absorb it. If a large amount of vapor is inhaled and then quickly exhaled, much of the DMT is lost.

---- Depending on how brief the DMT vapor is held in the lungs, much can be lost during exhalation.

Keep in mind that the OP didn’t weigh his dose. He said it was about half a level teaspoonful. The density of DMT freebase can vary by at least a factor of 3, probably more. And even if the dose was carefully and accurately measured, the size of a smoked dose is ALWAYS less than the amount absorbed into the bloodstream.

The effects of a normal dose of DMT can be extreme, and to someone who isn’t familiar with the “normal” effects, such a dose might seem like an overdose, or even like a dose that’s “way more than any other documented cases”.

ragabr
#20 Posted : 10/7/2010 11:44:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In addition to everything that gibran2 has already pointed out, think of how fast the DMT would condense against the water inside the waterfall. I bet that there's a good 200 mg in that water from this time around, plus whatever condensed from when his friend did it.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

12NEXT