We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt vs ciggarettes Options

unansweredquestions
#1 Posted : 10/5/2010 10:47:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

iv been a heavy smoker for a good few years now. recently having quit weed, the next step is cigarretes. having been going at it for a good while now, iv come to realise it gets harder and harder to quit as we go on. so i was wondering, do any of you think i could look into dmt to help strengthen my resolve to quit?
has it worked for anyone here?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Xt
#2 Posted : 10/5/2010 11:10:38 PM

Dmt can show you things.. make you feel like you want to quit just like any trip.
In the end you have to do it yourself, if you really want to quit, then just DONT pick up a cigarette.
Its that simple.

Grow some balls!

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Autodidactic
#3 Posted : 10/5/2010 11:19:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've thought about the same thing, maybe everytime you feel like you need a smoke so bad you can't take it, you can smoke some DMT. I quit by switching to American natural spirits a year ago and they seem to be a lot less addictive also since they don't have any of the additives I've read the tobacco companies put in there to make it more addictive and claim it is for causing less fires and stuff. I just kept trying to cut down as much as possible, then I started just packing a small amount of tobacco in a bowl and just taking 1 hit of it everytime I felt I really needed some nicotine.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

Xt
#4 Posted : 10/5/2010 11:33:40 PM

While i remember, eating instead of smoking works well. I think it might have something to do with that craving desire/reward mechanism in the brain.
When you get that desire... go any make the tastiest sandwich ever.

β€œRight here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Trickster
#5 Posted : 10/6/2010 1:25:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Under DMT or any other psychedelic drug you may have a flash of clear vision how bad cigarettes are for your health but in the end it is you against your craving. Well, ibogaine may be different.

Luckily for me any intense physical exercise (e.g. swimming or cycling) makes tobacco absolutely disgusting. When your body is dying for oxygen it is natural to not want to smoke. Try it.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

universecannon
#6 Posted : 10/6/2010 2:59:19 AM

β˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

It can definitely ignite some flaming inspiration for quitting, but it won't do the work for you

I think it was 69ron who said he finally quit smoking by purposefully taking a really large dose of LSD and watching tons of health documentaries on the damage of cigarettes; all gruesome pictures included. Sooo maybe try that!? These things can definitely help us re-program but as you know its you who has to actually make the effort. best of luck bro we got your back all the way!!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Madcap
#7 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:05:28 AM

illudium Q-36

UniverseCannon wrote:
It can definitely ignite some flaming inspiration for quitting, but it won't do the work for you

I think it was 69ron who said he finally quit smoking by purposefully taking a really large dose of LSD and watching tons of health documentaries on the damage of cigarettes; all gruesome pictures included. Sooo maybe try that!? These things can definitely help us re-program but as you know its you who has to actually make the effort. best of luck bro we got your back all the way!!

clockwork orange

that sounds extreme...
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Skizm
#8 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:35:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I one time buffered my DMT with shitty tobacco instead of herb. DMT promptly kicked my ass.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

corpus callosum
#9 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:41:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Giving up nicotine via smoked tobacco is really about getting your head in the right space.The withdrawal effects are, in the scheme of things, pretty mild-when compared to a heroin habit, for example.Remember- the desire you have for that next fag is wholly created by the last one you had; the yearning lasts 3 or so minutes only and if you can cope with a breakthrough dose of vaporised DMT you certainly have the mental fortitude to resist the urge for nicotine for 3 minutes.

Also, do not feel you are depriving yourself in any way by stopping cigarettes; revel in the 'pain' (too strong a term, methinks) of the craving.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

LucidLemonade
#10 Posted : 10/6/2010 10:25:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heres my short story, which I believe I've posted here oncea long time ago before.....

Dmt many years ago did cure myself from the evil weed.... Although I still love the good stuff Smile

It was about my 4 or 5th breakthrough many years ago & was one of the my most beautiful and most memorable one to date.

After breakingthough and finding myself floating though space in some unknown star system, beings of light where swimming all around me smiling and kind of examining me. These beings were glowing with light and see-through and just the most beatiful loving creatures one could ever imagine...

A few of these beings would take a double take while looking at me as if something was wrong and then would just suddenly plunge their hands straight into my head and pull out these star like objects & just fling them out into space, they then gave me a cheeky smile and then would fly of into space.

Later while back on earth and comming down & just basking in the glory & joy of what just happened I did my usual thing of grabbing a cigarette for a comedown smoke & then only to discover that it was the "MOST EVIL TASTING THING EVER" basicaly just like my first ever cig as a teenager & since that day I've never smoked a single cigarette! ( & coke & all other nasty drugs that I was overdoing at the time )

It was at point that I relised that they cured me! Smile "Greatest vaped DMT Trip of my life"

PLUS: Those entities have saved me a fortune Smile
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous" - TMK

damon
#11 Posted : 10/6/2010 10:17:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good story LL!

I switched to an e-cig and never looked back. It made me realize how much I liked nicotine, and not the tobacco.

LucidLemonade
#12 Posted : 10/7/2010 8:54:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, I must admit I do love talking about that one....

I do feel so blessed for it & it was probably my most direct trip to date where the healing & message was just so unambiguous & clear.
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous" - TMK

myrmymd
#13 Posted : 10/7/2010 9:09:29 AM
Miki

I always found the easiest way to quit smoking is to think of it as an objective outsider. I smoked hard for 3 years like a chimney, but when I decided to quit I realized it was just a habit and the addiction was what was making me want more and more. So I created a mantra for myself which I would recite every time I got a craving.

I am an addict to this chemical, the feeling I get is a false form of pleasure

The feeling of pleasure lasts but a second, but the harm lasts a lifetime

The craving is an imput to my brain, it will leave like everything else

Then I'd just wait for 2 minutes and the craving would be gone. The idea is to keep the ego out of it and realize that no one is perfect, and that as a human with flaws then we all are tempted. But to be enlightened is to feel the cravings and longings but let it flow through and away rather than to keep it in by either satisfying the habit or focusing on the dissatisfaction associated with not having it.

Hope that helps Smile

Infinite I
#14 Posted : 10/7/2010 9:46:17 AM

JC

xtechre wrote:
Dmt can show you things.. make you feel like you want to quit just like any trip.
In the end you have to do it yourself, if you really want to quit, then just DONT pick up a cigarette.
Its that simple.

Grow some balls!

No offence mate but thats a crap attitude to have, its as if your looking down your nose at people who do. Ive heard a lot of epople on this site make comments like that and I really dont appreciate it. I know junkies who have come off smack who really strugglle with tobacco, everyones different and its not just a case of oh grow a pair, might be simple for you but not everyone is the same when it comes to addictive drugs and people who are free of these things shouldnt be so arrogant to those who struggle!

I recently stopped, I used iboga though, I didnt use it to stop I took it for lots of reasons but it seemed like a good oppurtunity. Im sure dmt could help like most psychs, my mate stopped after a mushroom sesssion.

The Centre
#15 Posted : 10/10/2010 1:39:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I finally quit myself. I'll smoke a cigar once in a LONG while, when on vacation, and I'll buy myself a bankie on the vacation too, but that is it.

DMT definitely helped, but it is a decision that you have to keep yourself.

Electric.Sight
#16 Posted : 10/10/2010 10:45:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When I first started with DMT I was a frequent tobacco smoker. I would attempt to blast off and I'd focus on my lungs too much to let go.
The shortness of breath and heaviness of lungs tobacco causes was multiplied 100-fold while using DMT.
In my case, this was enough to make me realize the damage being done.

DMT immediately took over in my mind as being "more-important" than tobacco smoke and since I couldn't have both I dropped cigarettes completely!
In fact it got to the point where the love/hate relationship I always had with tobacco turned purely to hate/hate.

I wasn't even enjoying it when I was smoking anymore and would curse at my cigarette pack whenever I got a craving lol.

To this day I no longer smoke and in fact recently had a couple smokes spaced a week apart and both times hated it too much to go backVery happy
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

acolon_5
#17 Posted : 10/11/2010 10:55:38 PM

The Great Namah

damon wrote:
Good story LL!

I switched to an e-cig and never looked back. It made me realize how much I liked nicotine, and not the tobacco.

second that. ecigs work, and work well. I'm going on a month and don't even use my ecig that much anymore.

Iboga is not much help with cigs.

DMT will never substitute for determination or making right choices. DMT may show you the path, but you still have to walk it.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

unansweredquestions
#18 Posted : 10/13/2010 12:48:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the input people!
so the ciggarettes are done with, unfortunatly switched them up to rolling tobaco in the vain hope its easier on my health and wallet.
the plans to use it to wein myself off. hopefully be done with the horrible habbit in the next few weeks.

StatuesCryBleeding
#19 Posted : 10/14/2010 4:50:10 AM

SWIM :)

I apologize for my inability to speak from ability, however I have many articles in which ayahuasca has played a significant role in getting Heroin addicts to quit. I would guess it works a little like Ibogain.

Good luck to you!
Penguin <3 Panda