We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
Could DMT turn Republicans to liberals/radicals? Options

Madcap
#61 Posted : 10/10/2010 11:03:28 PM

illudium Q-36

Madcap wrote:
Dimitrius wrote:

It's just going to take a mass awakening in consciousness, and that's it. End/Beginning of story.

We won't all wake up at once. Those of us that awaken first will need to rouse the others.

I shouldn't post in this thread anymore. I'm not even sure what the posts above even mean....mine included.

many apologies.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Skizm
#62 Posted : 10/11/2010 12:33:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

This is why I find the current political modality a redicuous joke and I DO NOT vote..

A desert is made of many grains of sand. Not participating in the political system is akin to letting others choose the path of this country for you. The only way to change the current system is to vote. Nothing else will work in the current system.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

Eden
#63 Posted : 10/11/2010 4:02:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Skizm wrote:
Not participating in the political system is akin to letting others choose the path of this country for you.

Fair enough, though I personally am finding it harder to care the direction my country is going in...I refuse to let it control my personal path.
I would like things to change, but honestly think it is delusional to believe voting is the vehicle of such change.
I prefer to share my beliefs and dreams with people directly involved in my life rather than a system I have absolutely no trust in.

So, this:
So?...why does that have to be specifically relative to voting? Why is voting the ONLY way to be a "part of the solution"?

clouds
#64 Posted : 10/11/2010 4:18:34 AM

Human

So?...why does that have to be specifically relative to voting? Why is voting the ONLY way to be a "part of the solution"?

nobody said that. people on this thread express the importance of politics. No one believes voting is the only way.
For example, CEL was created with the intention to be part of the solution, not with the intention of influence voting statistics.

Everyone actively participates in the political system. Not everyone actively participates in the electoral process.

We are consumers.

Skizm
#65 Posted : 10/11/2010 9:45:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Politics is the quickest way to change it. How likely is a mass awakening via psychedelics? Close to nil. How likely is a government to recognize psychedelics as an excellent teacher because people voted for it? One step above the former.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

Dimitrius
#66 Posted : 10/11/2010 12:41:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Skizm wrote:
Politics is the quickest way to change it. How likely is a mass awakening via psychedelics? Close to nil. How likely is a government to recognize psychedelics as an excellent teacher because people voted for it? One step above the former.

I didn't say anything about psychedelics. It doesn't necessarily require the use of psychedelics.

People are waking up whether or not they take psychedelics. However, it does seem that more awake people, are prone to taking psychedelics, for healing or exploration or...whatever. Waking up can occur with or without psychedelics. Psychedelics just boost it to the 1000th level (< that doesn't make much sense, but I'm just trying to convey the exponential increase in awareness, or awakening, that psychedelics can produce in a body that's ready for it).

I'm not talking about politics though, so I should probably not participate in this thread.

I sincerely apologize for causing any disruption.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Eden
#67 Posted : 10/11/2010 12:56:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quite unlikely, to be sure. Psychedelics are only part of the picture.

Thing is, the minds of the populous are not changed by the voting habits of a faction. I don't believe this is what you are claiming, but the government is not even close to recognizing the potential of psychedelics.

The opinions of the general population are far more important. The most effective and substantial changes occur on the human level. Voting for the laws which accompany these ideals is simply a formality...it is are okay now because the government says it's okay.

I personally see voting (in party politics) as nearly a betrayal of my own sense of freedom. The only power I admit the government over me is brute force. No other person has any say over what is right in my life and what path I should pursue. The only power they have is the ability to physically overpower and detain me if my views don't fit their definition of "good".
I do not vote because the feeling of contribution through democratic voice is a slippery slope. The more faith I put in the system, the quicker I lose my own sense of responsibility.
The system has power only because we give it power. As it stands, that power supports the people who put it in power only to temporarily appease them instead of actually worked for them.
Politics is a game, through and through.

Dimitrius
#68 Posted : 10/11/2010 2:16:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eden wrote:
Quite unlikely, to be sure. Psychedelics are only part of the picture.

Thing is, the minds of the populous are not changed by the voting habits of a faction. I don't believe this is what you are claiming, but the government is not even close to recognizing the potential of psychedelics.

The opinions of the general population are far more important. The most effective and substantial changes occur on the human level. Voting for the laws which accompany these ideals is simply a formality...it is are okay now because the government says it's okay.

I personally see voting (in party politics) as nearly a betrayal of my own sense of freedom. The only power I admit the government over me is brute force. No other person has any say over what is right in my life and what path I should pursue. The only power they have is the ability to physically overpower and detain me if my views don't fit their definition of "good".
I do not vote because the feeling of contribution through democratic voice is a slippery slope. The more faith I put in the system, the quicker I lose my own sense of responsibility.
The system has power only because we give it power. As it stands, that power supports the people who put it in power only to temporarily appease them instead of actually worked for them.
Politics is a game, through and through.

Amen!

Okay, I said I'm not going to participate in this thread, but there you go. Last post. (*mouth shut*)
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

polytrip
#69 Posted : 10/11/2010 10:36:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Well there is one argument in favor of voting and that is that maybe 99% of all politicians are pathological liars, but they're not all equally bad for the future of the planet. If by voting, you can prevent a serious maniak to become president or PM of a country, it does make sense to vote for a party that you normally wouldn't vote for.

An example: in france many people once voted for mr chirac to prevent mr le pen to become president of france. I would have done the same thing because le pen as president would have been a catastrophy of unprecedented scale since WW2.

Last elections i have voted for a simmilar reason: to keep the biggest egotistic maniac on the planet out of power. Unfortunately i underestimated the unequivaled stupidity of the dutch people, so this time i might as well have stayed home.

But there may be places where common sense has not evaporated yet, and there it may still be usefull to vote.

RayOfLight
#70 Posted : 6/9/2011 5:27:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Google Ron paul ! Seriously you guys, Ron Paul is not a liar, He's the only chance america has. Join the Ron Paul Revolution ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

ThirdEyeVision
#71 Posted : 6/9/2011 6:43:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RayOfLight wrote:

Google Ron paul ! Seriously you guys, Ron Paul is not a liar, He's the only chance america has. Join the Ron Paul Revolution ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

Very happy

ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

SnozzleBerry
#72 Posted : 6/9/2011 2:39:06 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Ron Paul is a joke...he talks about doing things well outside of the presidential ken. Why do you say he's not a liar? He's certainly an interesting fellow and a markedly different voice amongs tthe usual politicos, but let's not lose our heads here. The man hasn't explained how he'd actually make any of his radical changes and presenting him as "not a liar" is a bit of a stretch...especially in light of the fact he's made promises and claims that he couldn't possibly hope to execute because the actual American system of government (corruption and scandal aside) doesn't allow any president to make those changes.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

moyshekapoyre
#73 Posted : 6/9/2011 3:26:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ron Paul is a hero among the tea party folks. That should tell you something.

easyrider
#74 Posted : 6/9/2011 3:50:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The premise that psychedelic substances directly transform an individual's mindset is a faulty one. As others mentioned, these substances merely act as catalysts. Any radical change in thought pattern after the experience is of an individual's own accord. Given with this fact, I believe it would be a case-by-case basis if republicans were to partake in psychedelic experiences. Some might change their attitudes, some might not; the same applies to any adherents of a particular political ideology.
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

polytrip
#75 Posted : 6/9/2011 8:31:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Doesn't ron paul want to completely isolate america from the rest of the world? From what i've read about the guy, i always get that impression.

easyrider
#76 Posted : 6/9/2011 9:25:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Doesn't ron paul want to completely isolate america from the rest of the world? From what i've read about the guy, i always get that impression.

It may seem that way, but he is actually a non-interventionist. He often uses Thomas Jefferson's quote: "Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

SKA
#77 Posted : 7/4/2011 10:01:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My answer to the original question of this topic;
Not just like that. Only if the pot-smoking republican in question wants to become a liberal/radical.
I gotta admit I do not really understand what you mean by "liberal" as you seem to have associated it with radical.
In this country, in political terms, a liberal is a politician that protects the interrests of the extremely rich business-elite,
seeking to do away regislations and make the way for profiteering as free as possible.(Think: Freedom to kill native tribes-people, more freedom to deforrest the earth, more freedom
to pollute the earth, more freedom for real-estate owners to throw people out of houses..etc)

In another, less political terminology "liberal" means to fight for civil liberties. Which is QUITE different from the policital term "liberal".

HermeticShaman
#78 Posted : 7/4/2011 4:36:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a libertarian for the most part. I smoke a pretty decent amount of dmt. I continue to be a Libertarian. I'm pretty "liberal" about social issues, and pretty conservative fiscally. But my point of view ultimately rests in the fact that politics are a game of theatrics, we are run by bankers, and an agenda has been laid out and it is out of the hands of the American people.

That said, I will never be a liberal.

No offense to those that are.
"'Tis true, without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother,
the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse."

-Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

benzyme
#79 Posted : 7/4/2011 4:50:45 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Same here.

Haven't read the whole thread, but expecting DMT
to cause a political shift in the status quo is a ridiculous pipedream;
Very unrealistic expectation.

Money and power are the politician's drugs of choice; don't expect
A hallucinogen to change that.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

cker
#80 Posted : 7/5/2011 2:42:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not a liberal in the current sense of "give everything to anyone who doesn't work". I don't know how that image came to be, but I do believe in a strong safety net for those who aren't able to earn a living wage.

I'm a conservative in the sense of 'conserve' but that isn't the policy of those who currently call themselves conservatives.

These labels have become meaningless and I feel that is intentional on the part of the hucksters who want to rule us.

True Libertarianism says we should all be self sufficient as individuals. To me that is so unrealistic. It works well when we join together to build roads for all to drive on. It works well when we jointly fund the information hiway called the internet. I see nothing wrong with spreading risk of health problems around so those that get sick can have the benefit of a collective set of resources to care for the sick.

Do I want to pay for someone who doesn't want to work? Of course not. Unfortunately, there is a certain percent of the population that will try to milk any system. These people will do that regardless of what our society provides. What is worse is to have a society where an illness, a streak of bad luck or an ineffective economy will not provide. What that does is create desperate people. All you have to do is visit a 3rd world country and witness those who have nothing to loose. Some of them exude a sense of freedom. Some exude a sense that they will do anything to survive. The latter destabilizes society.

There is some balance in the middle. If we give too much to the lazy, society is destabilized. If we give too little to the needy, society is destabilized.

Zealots of the Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian persuation are all dangerous. I work my butt off to provide but I know that I only flourish by the grace of God (or perhaps by my teacup named God). There is nothing wrong with providing for the needy.

«PREV23456NEXT