We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Could DMT turn Republicans to liberals/radicals? Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 10/5/2010 2:57:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys. I keep getting this message when I'm on aya that I need to get this into everyone somehow, especially social conservatives, because they would be transformed by it.

Is anyone on this forum a Republican?

Do you think a Republican would be transformed by this? Or might they just go more insane, thinking that they are truly in communication with Jesus or something?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Eden
#2 Posted : 10/5/2010 3:55:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ick...lets not make this an issue of democrat vs republican.
The entire premises of this question is as close minded as the religious you are attempting to demonize.

Do psychedelics push the envelope in the minds of the ignorant? I don't think anyone here would disagree with that statement.
However, DMT is not a cure all....it's a tool. If the mind is unwilling, DMT will not force a new view.
While my peers are mostly liberal, I do know a few republicans who have and continue to use psychedelics, DMT included.

The molecule encourages you to question...it doesn't preach, at least not in absolutes. The rest is up to the individual.

Malaclypse
#3 Posted : 10/5/2010 4:21:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd have to go with Eden there.

However, I have often fantasized about getting world leaders together and giving them all some high quality MDMA and seeing what would result. I think it could be quite interesting, though perhaps the empathic qualities would be harder to really hit cross-culturally to the same degree.

WSaged
#4 Posted : 10/5/2010 4:40:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does being a democrat automatically make you open to spiritual, or psychedelic exploration?

I don't think so.

Republicans & democrats are the same thing, don't let the "news" convince you otherwise!!
and taking a powerful substance like DMT would more than likely cause the opposite reaction in the kind of person you are implying needs to be changed...more likely would be seem more as an attack on the psyche, or soul.

And for that matter, DMT is not some spiritual light switch that changes a person into some kind of enlightened hippy against his will either!!
What is it with that ^ idea becoming some common theme lately?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

moyshekapoyre
#5 Posted : 10/5/2010 4:46:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses. Oh well so much for that idea.

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 10/6/2010 1:25:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Malaclypse wrote:
However, I have often fantasized about getting world leaders together and giving them all some high quality MDMA and seeing what would result.

Yeah I read in Acid Dreams (book with a lot of history from declassified CIA files etc) that in the '50s or '60s there was an idea to get world leaders to take LSD... and I think it said it was the CIA's idea... well, if it wasn't them it was some authoritative group anyway. That was back before it got popular and they decided to demonise it.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

camdemonium
#7 Posted : 10/6/2010 2:39:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They're all puppets to me, red or blue it doesn't matter, because i'm colorblind Laughing!
Om Mani Padme Hum

jamie
#8 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:11:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

democrat, concervatve, liberal..god if I ever start referring to myself as ANY of these things please wake me the fuck up. ... ..politicsRolling eyes Rolling eyes ..lol
Long live the unwoke.

Skizm
#9 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:40:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Conservatives are a necessary part of any democracy, just like liberals.

This whole us vs them is simply a dividing tactic. I don't think DMT will ever make someone change their tag, because simply it is a tag. DMT WILL make someone be a hell of a lot more rational.

I'm registered as a democrat ( I see myself as a rational conservative independent ) but I agree with many of the views of not-so-batshit-insane republicans. Unfortunately there are not many.

Now...for anyone rolling their eyes at politics, don't be so naive. If you're upset with how things run in this country, fucking do something about it. Organize your friends to vote, talk to people, bitching about it will not do anything.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

Madcap
#10 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:41:20 AM

illudium Q-36

if it comes down to "us or them", I'm with us. We will deal with them as peacefully as possible

I don't think the dmt experience would sway you either way. The experience to me is to grand of a thing to touch or be touched by politics.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Skizm
#11 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:43:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcap wrote:
if it comes down to "us or them", I'm with us. We will deal with them as peacefully as possible

But it never will. It's just us. We're all in this country together and all of this insipid arguing will get us nowhere. Intelligent discourse has gone out the window.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

ThirdEyeVision
#12 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:51:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

moyshekapoyre wrote:
Hi guys. I keep getting this message when I'm on aya that I need to get this into everyone somehow, especially social conservatives, because they would be transformed by it.

Is anyone on this forum a Republican?

Do you think a Republican would be transformed by this? Or might they just go more insane, thinking that they are truly in communication with Jesus or something?

Are you kidding me? Really?
Why would you want to inject hate and divisive thought into a peaceful forum?

"Or might they just go more insane" So you are saying every republican is insane?
"thinking that they are truly in communication with Jesus" Implying their is no Jesus.

Why would you come here and within 10 posts insult 33% of the worlds religious beliefs and half of the worlds political beliefs?

I am not a republican but I do consider myself religious. I find your hateful way of thinking insulting and wrong for our community. There is room here for every religious and political belief.

ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Ice House
#13 Posted : 10/6/2010 4:04:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Green Party
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

clouds
#14 Posted : 10/6/2010 4:09:30 AM

Human

Terence Mckenna opinion:

0:25 | Question: So why do you think psychedelics are so threatening to the establishment?

0:33 | Answer: Because they produce unexpected ideas and conclusions. That's what strange politics does, you know... you go in a Freemason and Republican and you come out... god knows what... polyamorist and an anarchist... or something like that.

/Terence McKenna opinion

jamie
#15 Posted : 10/6/2010 5:39:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ThirdEyeVision wrote:
[quote=moyshekapoyre]I am not a republican but I do consider myself religious. I find your hateful way of thinking insulting and wrong for our community. There is room here for every religious and political belief.

Sure..too bad the church and concervative gov doesnt agree..

Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#16 Posted : 10/6/2010 5:40:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Skizm wrote:
Now...for anyone rolling their eyes at politics, don't be so naive. If you're upset with how things run in this country, fucking do something about it. Organize your friends to vote, talk to people, bitching about it will not do anything.

Sorry, I just see that as completely naive.
Long live the unwoke.

ThirdEyeVision
#17 Posted : 10/6/2010 5:51:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
ThirdEyeVision wrote:
[quote=moyshekapoyre]I am not a republican but I do consider myself religious. I find your hateful way of thinking insulting and wrong for our community. There is room here for every religious and political belief.

Sure..too bad the church and concervative gov doesnt agree..

Who's church?
And niether major party feels there is room for the other one. I'm not a member of either.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Skizm
#18 Posted : 10/6/2010 7:09:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Skizm wrote:

Sorry, I just see that as completely naive.

Unfortunately the only way to change the current establishment is through the current establishment. If it could be done with drum circles and good vibes I would be lighting up a joint and playing repetitive rhythms right now. Exactly how is being politically involved naive?

-Mi padre

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 10/6/2010 9:53:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Politics = enforced culture
Psychedelics = discovering your cultureless soul

Quote:
Organize your friends to vote, talk to people, bitching about it will not do anything.

If you have not changed, how can you expect others to change for you?

moyshekapoyre
#20 Posted : 10/6/2010 1:21:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The reason I think that Terrance McKenna might have a point here (that psychedelics [esp. aya] could transform one from a repub to an anarchocommunist or something) is because everyone(?) seems to agree that aya is a unity experience. A "we are all one" experience. I know it has been for me. And that is the message of the Left. The Right's message is basically, every man for himself.
Perhaps it would not transform someone immediately, but as they continue to ponder the meaning of it, they might start to question their social darwinism.

123NEXT»