We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The true taste of DMT and tryptamines Options

Key Omen
#1 Posted : 10/5/2010 6:11:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Western and eastern, magic and mysticism has recognized 5 elemental principles, or tattvas that correspond(esotericly) to the first 5 chakras, and 5 different types of tastes. Without getting into semantics, I think I have said enough about my intentions in asking this questions. They say "fire doubles as spirit," of course I'm not providing references, this is all well known to you already I'm sure... I think since Mescaline and MDMA are bitter they are more of a "Spirit" principle, and are doubling in a spirit fire sort of heart chakra way. This opens up some questions that may not have answers, like for example: how would one describe the taste of 5-meo-dipt using 1 of these: Sweet (no), Sour (maybe), Spicey/hot (no), Astingent (maybe not), or bitter, yes very bitter in the case of 5-meo-dipt. This brings up a more relavant correspondance of the nature of each interaction we make in filling a particular cup of manna, via the work we do interacting with the substance and that part of our endocrine system.

I looked into Aromatic chemistry and noticed for example, that phenols are warming and energizing, and aldehydes, which have a sub-group of amines, have a generally more yin, cooling - calming effect. I would place this one in the base or second chakra possibly, but I'm not trying to work backwards like that, so I ask - what is the true taste of DMT and other trypytamines and phenethylamines described using these 4 principles.

Personally I remember after much recrystalizing have such a pure, tastless result, leaving not residue. Then again if the stuff drips into your mouth and or is tasted on the tongue it seems to have a bitter possible astringant, possibly sweet taste. It has been a while since I have truely tasted the stuff to be honest.

Any correspondances from your own fine tuned experience is deeply appreciated, thank you Nexus.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

unansweredquestions
#2 Posted : 10/5/2010 1:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

personification at its finest

gratefulfloyd
#3 Posted : 10/5/2010 4:20:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know how I feel about all this, I would not say that 5-meo-dipt is really spiritual, unless you call being twacked out and sitting on the toilet peeing out your butt spiritual (seen this reaction out of like 3 people, I dont touch the stuff). There is no spirit to the stuff from what I have heard, it can not engulf you like a lot of psychedelics can. My friends describe it as MDA + Meth + Laxative.... but that is just what I have collected on it, your experience may be different.

Key Omen
#4 Posted : 10/5/2010 8:30:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gratefulfloyd wrote:
I dont know how I feel about all this, I would not say that 5-meo-dipt is really spiritual, unless you call being twacked out and sitting on the toilet peeing out your butt spiritual (seen this reaction out of like 3 people, I dont touch the stuff). There is no spirit to the stuff from what I have heard, it can not engulf you like a lot of psychedelics can. My friends describe it as MDA + Meth + Laxative.... but that is just what I have collected on it, your experience may be different.

Well, the only time I had those $h!tz were after I had this weird garbonzo stuff my friends mom made, and we both had that effect, that was the only time though for me out of maybe 20 times using it. One time I had this fart, that filled a 12x12x12 room I'd say, for about 30 minutes! Yes, fasting is good I would say with this one indeed. Spiritual? My idea of what is spiritual is inseperable from the human experience, and I can only speak of my interaction with a substance, not the spirit of the substance itself as I am not that entity persay. I would think something spiritual has a much slower return, like how mescalin takes so long to come on, 5-meo-dipt on the other hand has a very quick return - in that way to me they are clearly in different worlds as you say.

Personally i cannot relate to the MDA +Meth +laxative, to each their own. I liked it better than LSD, and told myself the taste/body load was worth it. I remember getting "thought shadows" on the stuff, after thinking something, it would "crash out" into a visual in the same way recrystalization crashes out as it cools. I appreciated my research with the stuff and don't think I would go out of my way to do that again, and would still choose it over LSD since LSD is so readily available everywhere, though I would willingly imbibe LSD more often than 5-meo-dipt. I think I am working toward just living in nature, growing copious amounts of NATURAL entheogens, and getting to the point where I use less and less therogens and drugs, and even less entheogens, unless needed or as part of a ceremony or initiation or communication with angels. That's the spirit. I'm not going to glorify taking more and more like T. McKenna, just the opposite like the Bwiti tribes of Africa.

picatris
#5 Posted : 10/5/2010 9:54:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gratefulfloyd wrote:
I dont know how I feel about all this, I would not say that 5-meo-dipt is really spiritual, unless you call being twacked out and sitting on the toilet peeing out your butt spiritual

definitely YMMV. In my opinion, Foxy is one of the DEEPEST spiritual experiences I can have with ANY substance. In my opinion it has been clearly superior than DMT in this specific area. [In writing the above, I must admit that 5-MeO-DMT is possibly pure Spirit - but the experience is so outlandish that one cannot actually compare it to anything else]

Foxy works on your Muladhara. Intensely. That may explain many difficult experiences some people have.

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

Key Omen
#6 Posted : 10/7/2010 12:22:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

picatris wrote:
gratefulfloyd wrote:
I dont know how I feel about all this, I would not say that 5-meo-dipt is really spiritual, unless you call being twacked out and sitting on the toilet peeing out your butt spiritual

definitely YMMV. In my opinion, Foxy is one of the DEEPEST spiritual experiences I can have with ANY substance. In my opinion it has been clearly superior than DMT in this specific area. [In writing the above, I must admit that 5-MeO-DMT is possibly pure Spirit - but the experience is so outlandish that one cannot actually compare it to anything else]

Foxy works on your Muladhara. Intensely. That may explain many difficult experiences some people have.

What is YMMV? By foxy I believe you mean Iprocin, how do you relate this chem to the muladhara? it is very Tactile, that tells me it would be airy - the heart chakra, but then Acacias are astringent which would lump those trees right in there. This almost seems futile. Almost

Hearing Speaking Sound Space
Touching Grasping Touch Air
Seeing Walking Form Fire
Tasting Excreting Taste Water
Smelling Generation Smell Earth

picatris
#7 Posted : 10/7/2010 12:40:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enki Nemo wrote:
picatris wrote:
gratefulfloyd wrote:

Enki Nemo wrote:

What is YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary Smile

Enki Nemo wrote:

By foxy I believe you mean Iprocin,

Nope. Iprocin is 5-HO-Dipt. Foxy is 5-MeO-DiPT. check TiHKAL and erowid

Enki Nemo wrote:

how do you relate this chem to the muladhara? it is very Tactile, that tells me it would be airy - the heart chakra, but then Acacias are astringent which would lump those trees right in there. This almost seems futile. Almost

???? Acacias????
Foxy is a synthetic tryptamine, never found on any plant species so far. As for taste it is probably the bitterest thing I've have ever put in my mouth. I'd rather have a gallon of Ayahuasca than to have foxy in solution again.

Foxy is tactile yes. But it is much, much more than that. 15 mg are enough to catapult me to one of the most spiritual realms I've known. It's almost Alchemical as it corporifies the Spirit physically within your body! The arousal of the Kundalini is so noticeable to the point of being disagreeable. It's a quite remarkable substance.

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M