We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
me, in VERY breif Options

Gaffneyyy
#1 Posted : 10/4/2010 5:19:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello forumers,

Well i think i'd better post my own introduction.

First, my name, it's pretty simple, and its basicly just 'me'. I don't have any cool name for myself like most of the people on here, i guess i'll make do Smile

I will say that i have never taken DMT before, and i hope to learn a lot more about it. I hope it's all it's cracked up to be. I have watched videos about it, learned the science and a little bit of the history, but it's the effect that intrigues me (and undoubtably most others) the most. I even have my own theories about it already, something i hope to discuss later.

Im quite an artistic individual. I gave up on it at university level (actually, i told them to stick it where the sun don't shine) for quite a bunch of reasons, not because i was lazy (covered my back there Smile ). I keep on painting and creating for myself, because it makes me happy, not because it's a sellable skill. I have been through a few jobs and quite a hard few years, thrown in with the more usual mix of life experiences, but i would say im quite experienced compared to most people my age, I think the experience only gave me pause for thought. At one point I didn't even like the idea of smoking weed, now my attitude is radically different. I like to think outside the box, especially with my artwork and maybe entheogens can be a source of inspiration in this diluted world. I try to surround myself with like-minded people and i do get aggravated by stubbornness in those who won't open their mind... Im convinced I have came to the right place.

So after all that... well.... Hello!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

F40PH
#2 Posted : 10/4/2010 5:34:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there Gaffneyyy, and welcome to this forum.

Your visions on art are quite noble in my opinion, I'm glad that you have fun exploring your artistic skills, and there's no doubt that entheogens won't influence/change/magnify your style, and hyperspace will surely inspire you much when you get there.

You have probably heard of it, and maybe some people even recommended doing this before, but "DMT: The spirit molecule" is an excellent read about DMT, theories about its mystical functions, and the pineal gland. If you have your own theories about DMT, and you start reading this book, some of your ideas might be closely related to the ones Rick Strassman proposes in this book. I've experienced the same, I had wild theories, before reading the book, and not even halfway through, most of them became stronger in terms of 'proof' and the probability of those theories being true increased. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm sure I will soon Very happy

All theres left to say is that you should have fun learning about DMT and eventually the experience itself, I too have yet to explore hyperspace for the first time but I feel like I'm ready and I will probably be doing my first extraction today.

Nice meeting you.

Gaffneyyy
#3 Posted : 10/4/2010 6:14:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you you F40PH, I was seriously thinking of ordering that book from amazon actually. I think I will after i have finally finished my never ending lovecraft volumes. Lovecraft also relates to DMT in my opinion, as many of the tales portray how humans reject the idea of something 'other' and in this case it induces terror (as a defence mechanism). I personally want to face it, whatever it is, head on. I think the work of Strassman sounds like a quintissential read. It's also a very intriguing volume to have poking out on my shelf Smile Everybody should have a good varied shelf of books!

F40PH
#4 Posted : 10/4/2010 6:34:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, I might look into lovecraft myself. These books that relate to DMT can be quite interesting.

Another thing that could be interesting for you is the movie Avatar. It has names/situations in it that COULD relate to DMT and specifically ayahuasca. Like 'Eywa' pronounced 'aya' that is worshipped by the na'vi, or how everything in nature is connected to eachother and how the plants have spirits. The home of these na'vi was called 'tree of souls' if I recall correctly. This can be a reference to banisteriopsis caapi, ayahuasca, the vine of souls. But most importantly there is the ability to explore another 'planet' just by controlling your 'self' by dreaming in the 'real world'. Maybe you've seen it but this is a pretty interesting look on things.

Kind regards!

Gaffneyyy
#5 Posted : 10/4/2010 6:42:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh i saw the film, and it blew my mind. Much of the inspiration for the na'vi is tribal and shamanistic, and in terms of legend, many tales folklore in certain tribes, especially certain native american and early mayan, do relate to hallucinogenics. The film itself was so beautiful, and it got me obsessed with all things luminous. I imagine it's nothing compared to a breakthrough DMT experience from what i have heard. No wonder people say it is difficult to describe. It must be incredible.

eyorca
#6 Posted : 10/4/2010 7:33:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gaffneyyy wrote:
..I gave up on it at university level (actually, i told them to stick it where the sun don't shine)..

: D

hi!

dropofahat
#7 Posted : 10/5/2010 4:46:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome from another newbie here.