We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Illicit drug use may lead to sex while sleeping Options

clouds
#1 Posted : 10/2/2010 11:27:29 PM

Human

Dosenation: http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=7847

This brief article summarizes results from a study by Sharon A. Chung of the Sleep Research Laboratory in the department of psychiatry at the University Health Network in Toronto. The notable tidbits:

Quote:
Almost 8% of 832 patients studied at a sleep disorders center reported bouts of sexsomnia -- having initiated sexual activity with a bed partner while asleep -- and the prevalence of the behavior was three times more common in men than women, Canadian researchers report...

People who reported sexsomnia, however, were twice as likely as other sleep center patients to admit to using illicit drugs (15.9% vs. 7.7%), the researchers say.

Quote:
Both sleepwalking and sexsomnia are classified as "parasomnias" -- episodes that involve undesirable behaviors that occur during arousal from REM sleep or partial arousal from non-REM sleep.

Source: http://www.webmd.com/sle...le-asleep-not-so-unusual

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 10/2/2010 11:52:35 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

lol

that's odd

After taking some harmalas and falling asleep last night i had sex with a bug eyed human alien hybrid and thought that was weird..now i just feel lucky that i didn't wander off while dreaming and hop in some random bed Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

ohayoco
#3 Posted : 10/3/2010 3:13:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Haha what a funny article. My first thought is why haven't they wondered if it's the other way round- that people with sexsomniac tendencies are slightly more likely to be drawn to illicit drugs?

I could imagine that people who have sexsomina could have higher sex drives, so are more pleasure seeking, so more likely to seek pleasure in drugs also.

Or maybe they're more in tune with themselves so more open so less likely to lie about how they use drugs?

Or maybe it's because most of the sexsomniacs were men, and maybe men are more likely to take drugs than women? If three times more men are sexsomniacs than women as the article claims, then that's about 17 women vs 50 men sexsomniacs.

Or maybe men are more likely to admit to having taken drugs than women? Etc, so many potential variables, just seems really speculative to me.

Another thought is that 16% and 8% are not so far apart. Of the 832 patients, only 67 were sexsomniacs, and only 11 of these sexsomniacs admitted to having taken drugs... that doesn't seem enough people to come to any solid conclusions at all in my eyes, could be a complete fluke that it was 11 out of 67 drug taking sexsomniacs in that sample instead of 6 out of 67.

Often with these things they assume to blame the drugs. I'm not saying it isn't the drugs, maybe it is, but maybe it isn't too, and I'm sceptical.

If the study had ended up the other way round with only 3 of the sexsomniacs being drug takers, would they have decided that drugs are good for you because they stop you turning into a horrible depraved pervert in your sleep? And would the press have wanted to run a story to suggest that we should take more drugs to stop us becoming sleeping perverts? I think not Pleased
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Strange Gray Static Mayan Pattern
#4 Posted : 10/5/2010 7:09:01 PM

Nameless

Sometimes I awaken in the middle of the night with huge, unexplainable, BRUTAL urges to FUCK. Such a primal mindstate it makes me shiver.
DMT T-Shirts, badges, mugs...
Comments by SGSMP are fantastic fabrications.

WSaged
#5 Posted : 10/5/2010 7:26:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it only the "illegal" drugs causing the problem?
What about prescription meds, personally, they make me horny as hell while I'm sleeping!

How many times has an early morning pee-boner in the back, been mistaken for a sexomniac?!?!?!

Maybe what this study actually shows is that you become a sexomniac when you are sleeping in a bed with another person.
I mean if your there alone, your just another dirty masturbater...no?

And everyone does that, regardless of any drug use...................right?Embarrased

Very happy
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoe
#6 Posted : 10/5/2010 9:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been rolling over and doing his partner, and previous partners, in his sleep for years. now I finally know what its called!!!
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

WSaged
#7 Posted : 10/5/2010 10:03:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Opps Double Posted....
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

WSaged
#8 Posted : 10/5/2010 10:03:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Opps Double Posted....

WSaged
#9 Posted : 10/5/2010 10:04:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
SWIM has been rolling over and doing his partner, and previous partners, in his sleep for years. now I finally know what its called!!!

Suuuuuuuuure, you were asleepRolling eyes

Laughing
WS

#10 Posted : 10/5/2010 11:02:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

WSaged wrote:

How many times has an early morning pee-boner in the back, been mistaken for a sexomniac?!?!?!

WS

hahahaha Laughing