We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Medical question Options

Agave
#1 Posted : 10/2/2010 4:13:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,
Does anyone know if any of the aya ingredients of Caapi,Chacruna,or Chaliponga, once consumed, will react significantly with the blood thinner Warfarin (Coumadin)? Any factual insight would be deeply appreciated.
As Within, So Without.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 10/3/2010 6:45:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think taking these orally is unknown; vaporising in changa is most unlikely to increase the effect of warfarin/Prothrombin time.Potentiation of warfarin is mainly seen with drugs which alter its degree of protein-binding.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Agave
#3 Posted : 10/5/2010 5:11:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the response. I think you're right because there doesn't seem to be any info out there. It will just require some careful experimentation and testing but my feeling is that it's likely safe in moderation.
As Within, So Without.

digital_phreedom
#4 Posted : 10/5/2010 6:25:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hard to find anything about Coumadin (Warfarin) and MAOI's specifically.. But I did come across this about Coumadin:

"Pharmacokinetic mechanisms for drug interactions with COUMADIN are mainly enzyme induction, enzyme inhibition, and reduced plasma protein binding."

So certain types of enzyme inhibition can cause interactions with it. So I'm sorry I can't find anything more specific right now, but I think what I did find warrants some more research before you take anything with an MAOI.

I couldn't find anything about possible interactions with DMT however.

Stay safe!!
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 10/5/2010 11:24:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

The classic RIMA meclobemide and the classic MAO-B inhibitor selegiline both have no effect on warfarin/prothrombin time but it would be dangerous to extrapolate this to a brew made of leaves because,harmala alkaloids apart, there may be other stuff leached out which could have an effect.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.