We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
want to explore the mindscape Options

LawnMan
#1 Posted : 10/1/2010 11:18:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

becoming very intersted in ayahuasca littel worrried about the moais ne recommendations for first time traveler

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ellis D'Empty
#2 Posted : 10/2/2010 2:30:34 AM

Snirfneblin

"Start small"
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Cheop
#3 Posted : 10/2/2010 3:26:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried several doses of MAOI (Syrian Rue) on its own to see what it was like before using it with anything else which was definitely worthwhile for me. But just do whatever it takes to make sure your mind is as at ease as it can be when you do the Ayahuasca.

You can never do too much research!
Anything Cheop posts is of a fictional nature

Ljosalfar
#4 Posted : 10/2/2010 3:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM absolutely agrees with Cheop. Try the harmines et. al. solo a few times. And research builds confidence; it is a great aspect of integration.
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

LawnMan
#5 Posted : 10/2/2010 4:30:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

been doing research according to faq on this page the moais of reversible making then less dangerous then irreversible ones quote from faq The necessity of the strict dieting for ayahuasca is misinformation, an exageration.

Ljosalfar
#6 Posted : 10/3/2010 12:18:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmines et al are not visionary in the same way DMT is - they potentiate, pave the way for the tryptamine to act on the serotonin sites in our nervous system... And IMO better safe than sorry re: food. And best to be not full, not hungry. fruitful voyaging...
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

ragabr
#7 Posted : 10/3/2010 2:32:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ljosalfar wrote:
Harmines et al are not visionary in the same way DMT is - they potentiate, pave the way for the tryptamine to act on the serotonin sites in our nervous system... And IMO better safe than sorry re: food. And best to be not full, not hungry. fruitful voyaging...
L

Sorry, but incorrect friend. Check out this thread for a recent discussion on this territory.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Xt
#8 Posted : 10/3/2010 12:55:25 PM

I would recommend starting with a caapi only brew for sure. You would not be missing out on anything by using no dmt bearing plants in the brew.
It is healing, visionary and a beautiful experience is caapi brew.

Try that a few times until you feel comfortable with the caapi harmalas before adding DMT bearing plants.

Check this out for starters.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8972

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Ljosalfar
#9 Posted : 10/3/2010 10:53:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim stands corrected, Raga! Thank you.
L

digital_phreedom
#10 Posted : 10/4/2010 6:34:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, the "all about aya" thread that xtechre posted a link to is very helpful. Starting with Caapi only is very helpful and reassuring before starting journeys with DMT added. But what has helped me the most is reading as much as I can find, and spending a lot of time going over my intentions and deciding why exactly it is that I want to drink Aya, why I'm so interested in it, and how it can help me. And as was already stated, start small. It's a good idea to brew a little more than you'll need, and start small - waiting for effects before drinking anymore if you feel it's right. You can always drink more or try again another time.. but if you've taken more than you might need at that time, the realization that you still have several hours to go can be very scary.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.