We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Red/Brown Naphtha Pulls Options

nn-DMT
#1 Posted : 9/30/2010 9:03:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jimm wrote:

Is everyone using adenium bark or his resellers that are getting red/brown Naphtha pulls?

Anyone have the red/brown pulls w/ Toads barkWut?

Used toad's bark for a while, then switched to adenium and ran into this issue. toad's bark is lower quality but doesn't cause this this problem. try healinggarden8 on ebay. bar-none the best bark. Surprised. does anyone know if this seller operates outside ebay??
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Madcap
#2 Posted : 10/1/2010 2:01:05 AM

illudium Q-36

I've explained on a few threads why red/brown solvent happens. I can't do it again. Short story....you are going to fast. wait an extra hour between every step and you will be less likely to run into it.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

sigmundfreuid
#3 Posted : 10/1/2010 2:43:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The Red/brown pulls are because that the adenium bark is so finely powdered and theres too much oils in it.
only problem is how to get rid of the red brown oil from your pulls.

Whoever had this problem wiht adenium powdered bark and has found a way to get rid of the red brown pulls,please share it with us.

Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

soulfood
#4 Posted : 10/1/2010 3:54:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Does anyone else find if you leave said naphtha for a week it clears up leaving some lye/mimosa soup spots on the bottom of the vessel? I tried all sorts to sort this problem out but in the end I use patience and gravity. Seems to do the job.

I never found this with naphtha as I use limo these days, but it seems to always happen with my later STB pulls. The first pull is always clear. The second gets more yellow as less DMT and more oils a present. Then it just gets darker from there as the NaOH reacts with the bark fibre. It's not an issue with an A/B as these oils/dyes whatever they are don't come out in an acid soak, but an STB when left long enough will start to give darker pulls everytime.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 10/1/2010 4:04:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Ah! I see.

Maybe it's time to start defatting mimosa. That's if it becomes a big enough issue anyways.

sigmundfreuid
#6 Posted : 10/1/2010 4:05:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Does anyone else find if you leave said naphtha for a week it clears up leaving some lye/mimosa soup spots on the bottom of the vessel? I tried all sorts to sort this problem out but in the end I use patience and gravity. Seems to do the job.

Only problem is that some swimmers just dont have the time to wait a few days or weeks,since thats how long it could take for the brown oil to fully drop out.
A member told swim that even after 3 days his 2 pull which was brown, the oil had not fully dropped out, and last thing you want to do is salt that stuff.

Another member told swim that this problem could be due to the fact that the pH is too wide ranged.
Example: Blab start pH 2.5 then after basing goes to approx 13,not sure about the after basing though.
He recommended that youd start with a ph 5 and basify it to about pH 11.But swim is not sure if that would fully freebase all the alks ?
Maybe some high grade lab filters could filter that oil down ?

Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

ubu
#7 Posted : 10/1/2010 3:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this a recent problem?! During this year I did three extractions using Adenium mimosa powder (bought directly from Pedro in the beggining of the year). Mine was not crystal clear, it was slight yellow and goo, but I never noticed such red/brown pulls. Can this problem be related to a batch, a specific harvest or the period of the year?

Anyway, this week I bought mimosa powder directly from Pedro. I shall receive it soon and I will proceed to a new extraction immediately. I'm going to do the same A/B tek, using all the same ingredients as the previous extractions, so I'm expecting the same color at the end. If nothing else clarify this subject, I will report back my results.

nn-DMT wrote:
try healinggarden8 on ebay. bar-none the best bark.

Hello nn-DMT, have you tried it for yourself? There's no single mention about healinggarden8 in this forum and no single review in the interweb. The vendor claims his bark comes from Brazil but as far I know Adenium is the only one to export mimosa from Brazil. I live in Brazil too and never heard about any other vendor exporting this thing here. I'm not claiming you or the vendor are lying (no way!). I'm just curious about the product quality and his origin. It is valuable to know other vendors and definitely I do not want to depend exclusively on Adenium for mimosa powder.

Edit: a guy named abo (isn't my parent, heh) just finished an extraction with Adenium mimosa and posted his results on Adenium topic at Suppliers section. He does not mention anything but I think would be a good idea if someone ask him about the red/brown naphta.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

nn-DMT
#8 Posted : 10/1/2010 4:02:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:
Is this a recent problem?! During this year I did three extractions using Adenium mimosa powder (bought directly from Pedro in the beggining of the year). Mine was not crystal clear, it was slight yellow and goo, but I never noticed such red/brown pulls. Can this problem be related to a batch, a specific harvest or the period of the year?

Anyway, this week I bought mimosa powder directly from Pedro. I shall receive it soon and I will proceed to a new extraction immediately. I'm going to do the same A/B tek, using all the same ingredients as the previous extractions, so I'm expecting the same color at the end. If nothing else clarify this subject, I will report back my results.

nn-DMT wrote:
try healinggarden8 on ebay. bar-none the best bark.

Hello nn-DMT, have you tried it for yourself? There's no single mention about healinggarden8 in this forum and no single review in the interweb. The vendor claims his bark comes from Brazil but as far I know Adenium is the only one to export mimosa from Brazil. I live in Brazil too and never heard about any other vendor exporting this thing here. I'm not claiming you or the vendor are lying (no way!). I'm just curious about the product quality and his origin. It is valuable to know other vendors and definitely I do not want to depend exclusively on Adenium for mimosa powder.

Edit: a guy named abo (isn't my parent, heh) just finished an extraction with Adenium mimosa and posted his results on Adenium topic at Suppliers section. He does not mention anything but I think would be a good idea if someone ask him about the red/brown naphta.

Yes I have tried this supplier multiple times and personally found the quality, yield and purity to be far supperior to adenium's. The color is more purple and the bark is much more finely powdered than adenium's. However I dont use this guy anymore because I don't like ebay. maybe I should pm him and find out if he has a store outside ebay? If you are skeptical, just try it.
I have been using adenium's simply for the fact that they operate outside ebay and their bark is the next best I have found to healinggarden8

ubu
#9 Posted : 10/1/2010 4:34:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's good news nn-DMT, thank you man!

I was planning to buy Mexican mimosa to give it a try but now I become more interested in this powder from healinggarden8. Btw, what's the heck with ebay?

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

nn-DMT
#10 Posted : 10/1/2010 4:40:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:
That's good news nn-DMT, thank you man!

I was planning to buy Mexican mimosa to give it a try but now I become more interested in this powder from healinggarden8. Btw, what's the heck with ebay?

I dunno, I have heard that ebay is watched or something, but Ive gotten bark from there many times with no problems at all. I think if it was really watched as closely as everyone says, they would do something about the people selling lophophoras and mislabeling it as ariocarpus.Wink

nn-DMT
#11 Posted : 10/1/2010 5:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK I just checked this page and it looks like all the mhrb sales are kept private. very nice! Twisted Evil

sigmundfreuid
#12 Posted : 10/1/2010 5:23:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:

are you going to do the BlaB tek ?

ubu
#13 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:20:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone did an extraction using Adenium powder and noted the following:

1º pull: crystal clear and beautiful.
2º pull: crystal clear plus tiny yellowish traces. Nothing to bother.
3º pull: crystal clear plus some brownish-stickier traces.
4º pull: awaiting precipitation but looks more like 2º pull, only tiny traces of yellowish stuff.

He is going to do two more pulls, probably with more yellowish/brownish traces. Maybe he will do a wash at the end just to ensure a totally clear stuff (and for curiosity because he never did it before). But in his opnion it is nothing to really bother.

Edit: A picture is worth a thousand Words Smile

The result of the three first pulls. Notice the small, off center brownish thing (click to enlarge). Except this bit, the rest is white or slightly yellowish:

A photo of the 4th pull. Notice the tiny, yellow, stickier band (click to enlarge). This thing is responsible for the yellowish tonality in the previous shot:

Trickster
#14 Posted : 10/13/2010 10:31:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

sigmundfreuid wrote:

Whoever had this problem wiht adenium powdered bark and has found a way to get rid of the red brown pulls,please share it with us.

I had this problem a few times. I though the problem is with this specific type of mhrb. The problem is gone since I changed my tek to the following.

1. Ethanol/methanol extraction in a solid-liquid extractor.
2. Drying the extract.
3. A/B extraction of dried alcohol extract with vinegar & lye. Important! pH range: 5 - 11.
4. Heptane or Hexane pulls.
5. Freeze precip.

With this tek NP solvent pulls are so clean that sometimes I doubt there is anything in there, but I am getting ~1% of very good clean spice. By extending the pH range to 3 - 13 I may get up to 1.8% yield but the spice becomes weak because some inactive alks are extracted.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

TurbatusAnimus
#15 Posted : 12/3/2010 1:01:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone ... I've been gone for a while Smile

I hate to come back bumping a two month old thread but I've been searching around the net
for the issues I've seen with the mhrb from adenium.

The bark in question was purchased 1 to 1 1/2 years ago.
It's been extracted in small quantities on a bi-monthly basis (on average.)

I noticed that on some of the packaging, if you rip the outer Mexico bag away, there's a white
inner bag with more shipping labels. One of the labels says:
MIMOSA PUDICA NATURAL PIGMENTS.

Pudica....

I'm not sure if everyone's packaging is the same.
I am sure however there could be very good reasons it's labeled as pudica rather than hostilis.
I just sure hope there's not actually pudica root bark mixed in.

SWIM's personal results with this bark vary from somewhat normal pulls to obtaining
nothing but yellow goo that seems to turn into nothing upon scraping. It's hard to explain.

I suppose with powdered bark, one would require a bit shorter of a soak before pulling
with naptha or alike but SWIM's personally pulled with naptha only a couple hours after
the bark was mixed with the lye/water and experienced about the same results as when
pulling 12+hours after the initial mixing.

Has anyone made any progress figuring out exactly what's going on?
Fatty bark, not enough lye, too much this, that.... It's all been addressed.
I'd just like to be sure this is in fact 100% hostilis. Mmmm?
I am 100% convinced that my search for answers has led to nothing but more questions.

-TA

Swarupa
#16 Posted : 12/3/2010 4:27:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was having this issue with my first few STB's & i felt i was either using too much lye, or using too much heat during the extraction, using the same bark in a vinegar/lime/naphtha tek (ala Q21) i get white spice with every pull, i only occasionally have one or two SPECKS of yellow/oily spice, but 99% white everytime, and a 1% yield after 3-4 pulls.

I only do vinegar/lime/naphtha now, as its friendlier (no lye) easier (imo) and whenever i did an STB i'd get a horrible fearful feeling in the pit of my belly, which i don't get doing the more friendly vinegar/lime tek Pleased