We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question on traditional dosage Options

jimbobjones
#1 Posted : 9/28/2010 8:13:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Have a few questions on "traditional" vine+chacruna dosage.

The last 2, and only, times the cat dreamt was with a vine + fbase "semi-pharma" experience and the cat found it took 2 seperate doses of at least 100g base vine and at least .05-.1mg spice to get things moving.

This time around it's going to be as traditional as possible, and since the cat heard in their experience in needing so much spice before might have been due to weak vine, curiosity ensues

Using this time, 900g shredded yellow (reported to be good quality) vine, with and 450g I'm fairly sure Peruvian, but maybe Brazilian, chacruna.

The cat thinks this might yield 10 doses of 90:45 ratio... the question is, if doubling up is neccessary once all brewed up, will approaching 180-250 in ratio of vine, be a problem to reach the required ratio of light? Just want to keep brewing simple and kind of silly to have a bunch of leftover vine if it were halved, but just checking
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me (SWIM) - and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies. Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 9/29/2010 1:22:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

ayahuasca made with chacruna is usually a 1/1 ration vine to leaf.
just brew them separately so you can make adjustments of just one or the other.

lots of info pertaining to these questions available. do a search for more details but thats the run down.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 9/29/2010 4:07:54 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Jesus Christ! (or should I say "Entities above!) 200g didn't quite it for you? You're considering using 900g? Listen, mate, you need to either switch vendors or switch extraction methods, possibly both. How are you cooking things? Have you considered trying out the Herbal Percolator?

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=3399

Unless you've confirmed through extensive experimentation that your metabolism simply requires THAT MUCH vine, there's something going wrong at some step of the process!!

What supplier and cooking method are you using?
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

jimbobjones
#4 Posted : 9/29/2010 5:16:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the confusion,
Meant that before, when the cat first took the brew, he took 50g vine:.05mg spice... then doubled up making for 100g:.1mg for a suitable experience

With this ratio of vine:leaf, it'd be the equivalent of ~90g vine:45g chacruna, so basically 2:1

Was told though that the reason so much spice might have been required before may have been due to weak Aya (completely diff supplier). Not sure if that's true.
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me (SWIM) - and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies. Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 9/29/2010 5:36:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

jimbobjones wrote:
Sorry for the confusion,
Meant that before, when the cat first took the brew, he took 50g vine:.05mg spice... then doubled up making for 100g:.1mg for a suitable experience

With this ratio of vine:leaf, it'd be the equivalent of ~90g vine:45g chacruna, so basically 2:1

Was told though that the reason so much spice might have been required before may have been due to weak Aya (completely diff supplier). Not sure if that's true.

do you mean 50mg? cuz .05mg wouldnt do shit if your talking about freebase or fumerate
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

jimbobjones
#6 Posted : 9/29/2010 5:53:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yes, .5mg, or 1/20th of a gr.

Malaclypse
#7 Posted : 9/29/2010 3:19:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jimbobjones wrote:
yes, .5mg, or 1/20th of a gr.

1/20th g would be 50mg (.05g). There seems to be a lot of variance on oral dosages from my research. Some people get very intense (to were they wouldn't want more) with the same dosage as when smoked (20-40mg) and some people need up to 200mg when taking it orally.

Bad vine certainly could have been a problem. You should be able to feel some of the vine affects by itself if you have a good vine and good dose. So if you do decide to use freebase with vine again start on the small side again on the DMT once you have your vine figured out so you don't mistakenly take a whopping dose of DMT.

jimbobjones
#8 Posted : 9/29/2010 5:24:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, definitely know to be weary and step up on the Light Additive (of whatever form, be it chacruna or fbase), however more curious about the vine itself? Is taking more than 50g (the standard minimum?)... a ratio of 2:1 vine:light alright? Just curious because it'd be nice to have solid traditional huasca effects... (not "just enough for MAOI" ), without overdoing it.

Since the cat has the vine was just curious

Malaclypse
#9 Posted : 9/29/2010 8:37:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think there are a lot of variables involved to figure that out for sure. I'm still new to all this research and going of the limited info that SWIM has. A minimum list of variables I could think of would be:

1) Type of Vine (yellow,cielo,white,black,red)
2) Quality of Vine (freshness, whole vs shredded etc)
3) How well the Brew was made
4) Individuals metabolism to vine

For example it seems like people really love the quality of the White caapi from Maya for it's effects, however it also seems like people need to dose higher with this one to get the effects they want. Something like 100g+ to get the full caapi effects. Then there are the reports of getting the full caapi experience from only 30g of other types.

SWIM made a brew that ended up being 50/50 shredded yellow and fresh whole cielo from Maya. He mistakenly combined them both so he can't comment on them individually, but doing a standard 3x3 hour boil with water acidified with Vinegar he was completely floored by a dose that should have been around 40g of caapi.

For reference here is swim's long winded post about it

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=15784

So I guess I would suggest just brewing the whole batch of caapi up and then doing some bio-assay's on the caapi starting at something like 30-50g and working up from there until you get a feel for the caapi dose and then adding in the light.

Chacruna dosages seem to be all over the map with reports of huge ranges of quality of the leaves (apparently good reports of Hawaii Chacruna). But typically dosages seem to be ~50g if it is decent. Neither I nor SWIM have any experience to offer on that one, but the ratio could change dramatically based on the quality of your vine and chacruna.

ragabr
#10 Posted : 9/30/2010 2:54:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Honestly, and this may appear like a lazy position (but I swear it's not), ever since I took up Ms. Minxx's tek of brewing up several amounts worth and sipping until my body communicates to me that I'm good, I have had nothing but spot on journeys. Then again, I don't really have the time to be brewing more than once every week or two.

Edit: jimbobjones, I've found extracted spice to work best for adding the light. Starting low, with a solid dose of aya, and working your way up until the right balance is reached allows you to vary the strength of your journeys on the aya side without having to worry about ending up deep in hyperspace for hours.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms