We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Growing your own ayahuasca Options

camdemonium
#1 Posted : 9/28/2010 6:22:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello nexians, i recently ordered a live caapi and viridis plant and was wondering if anyone has any experience growing your own plants! I have a basic knowledge of caring for these specimens, but i was really looking for information on how to connect with the plants spirit and let theirs connect with mine! Any neo-shamans out there? Laughing Laughing
Thanks for the help, and Safe Travels friends!Very happy
Om Mani Padme Hum

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

polytrip
#2 Posted : 9/28/2010 8:54:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
No experience with growing these plants, but i would very much like it if you keep posting your experiences with growing and nourishing them. If growing it is actually a doable thing in northern climates (probably need to grow them indoors i guess) and you don't need to quit your day-job in order to keep these plants alive and growing, then i think i might join you soon in growing some of my own ayahuasca.

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 9/28/2010 9:05:15 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

The viridis likes quite a bit of water! Until it gets well established, you should water it every day. Missing a few days won't kill it, by any means, but it will probably get dry.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

camdemonium
#4 Posted : 9/28/2010 10:04:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool they should be coming in sometime this week i also ordered a strain of morning glory (rivea corymbosa) and am very much looking forward to caring for these plants and letting them care for me!
Om Mani Padme Hum

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 9/29/2010 1:03:31 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quote:
The myths of the Rainforest regarding the origins of ayahuasca are plentiful and it is quite a mystery how two dissimilar plants, both relatively inert - ayahuasca vine and chacruna leaves - come to be used together, especially since they do not normally grow near each other. If you ask the shamans how they knew to blend them, they will simply say that "the plants told us" during their visions.

Terence explains this in some of his lectures, I quoted it from part of someones post on tribe.net.
http://ayahuasca.tribe.n...6-457b-bffe-c62fbda1d9ec

Also when training to be a shaman in certain amazonian cultures one is basically locked away and eats only fruit and water and "diets" caapi for a period of time till their systems are sensitive enough to "hear" what the other plant teachers have to say. Here is one persons report of "dieting" chacruna in peru as part of their training.
http://dreaminglife.org/...y-juan-from-dreammagick/

so as far as how to connect with the spirits of the plants, brew up some vine and ask them yourself Pleased
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jamie
#6 Posted : 9/29/2010 1:04:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I just got a ceilo plant on friday, and it has since dropped all of its leavesCrying or very sad..im not sure why..shock maybe. I have it in a small shelved greenhouse now in my room with a light..I really hope that it grows out some new leaves, watching its leaves drop off was a huge dissapointment..

jamie attached the following image(s):
DSC04580.JPG (2,448kb) downloaded 350 time(s).
Long live the unwoke.

camdemonium
#7 Posted : 9/29/2010 4:56:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sorry about that fractal Sad . I will have your plant in my thoughts, hopefully we can all send it enough love to grow strong!

Oh and thanks for the reports dreamer042 i especially enjoyed that chacruna report!
Om Mani Padme Hum

Eden
#8 Posted : 9/29/2010 5:31:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just started a Hawaiian red, it dropped it's lower two leaves as well. Shock seems very likely...what a sad occurrence.
I moved it next to some baby rosewoods and its spirits seem to be improving.

camdemonium
#9 Posted : 9/29/2010 10:08:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems from your two accounts that caapi is quite the picky little plant Laughing
Om Mani Padme Hum

Eden
#10 Posted : 10/13/2010 5:26:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any improvements fractal?

My vine just dropped its last leaf a few moments ago. Sad
What a terrible feeling of helplessness...it isn't responding to any attempts of rejuvenation.

Opiyum
#11 Posted : 10/13/2010 7:19:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
[quote]
Also when training to be a shaman in certain amazonian cultures one is basically locked away and eats only fruit and water and "diets" caapi for a period of time till their systems are sensitive enough to "hear" what the other plant teachers have to say. Here is one persons report of "dieting" chacruna in peru as part of their training.

That seems like you would be running the risk of a hypertensive crisis when only eating fruit, nuts and a vine containing MAOI's.

dreamer042
#12 Posted : 10/13/2010 3:47:54 PM

Dreamoar

Opiyum wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:
[quote]

That seems like you would be running the risk of a hypertensive crisis when only eating fruit, nuts and a vine containing MAOI's.

That's a good point, perhaps I should mention this is all done under the guidance of a trained and experienced curandero shaman.

My caapi plant (red strain hardwood rooted cutting) also came wilted and dropping leaves and she was consistently getting worse by the day on her eastward facing window sill, I moved her to a makeshift greenhouse under a fluorescent grow lamp near a westward facing window and she has completely recovered, the wilted nearly dead leaves have a greened up again, she's putting off tons of new growth, and keeps reaching for the front the greenhouse away from the light but toward the window no matter which way I turn her. Perhaps doing something along these lines will save your girls as well? Just my $0.02 worth of experience in the matter.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

dreamdweller
#13 Posted : 11/1/2010 10:31:11 PM
Don Juan

I have had a plant for a about a month now. Shes wayyy picky. I put her into a frog terrarium I built and she lost almost all her leafs. She started to grow again after about 3 weeks and got over the shock but then I put another plant in with it and it started to die again. At this point i was just fed up so I didn't really care but shes growing back again. Best thing to do is keep it in a humid place with not direct sun light as it may burn the leafs (it seems) and lots of water but not over doing it. Very picky indeed. All the other plants in that terrarium are doing great.

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 11/1/2010 11:19:03 PM

John Murdoch IV

dreamer042 wrote:
Opiyum wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:
[quote]

That's a good point, perhaps I should mention this is all done under the guidance of a trained and experienced curandero shaman.

My caapi plant (red strain hardwood rooted cutting) also came wilted and dropping leaves and she was consistently getting worse by the day on her eastward facing window sill, I moved her to a makeshift greenhouse under a fluorescent grow lamp near a westward facing window and she has completely recovered, the wilted nearly dead leaves have a greened up again, she's putting off tons of new growth, and keeps reaching for the front the greenhouse away from the light but toward the window no matter which way I turn her. Perhaps doing something along these lines will save your girls as well? Just my $0.02 worth of experience in the matter.

How many hours of light does she get a day?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

alzabo
#15 Posted : 11/2/2010 2:33:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been growing some psychotria viridis from a leaf cutting I got in the mail.
I cut the leaf into three smaller pieces then placed it in a sealed container with moist soil and forgot about it for a few months.

All the pieces have put out rootlets now.
One even has a nice shoot and four new leaves. That one I re-potted into a small plastic container with a plastic bag rubber banded over the top.

I've heard that this isn't recommended but it allows me to water only once a week.
There's a small slit in the top of the bag that I can open or close to adjust the humidity.

The plant tells me what it likes by waving it's leaves up and down or if it gets offended, curling them inwards.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

camdemonium
#16 Posted : 11/2/2010 3:24:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

UPDATE:
My caapi and chacruna are growing, slowly but surely. The caapi didn't take off until i gave it something to curl on, be sure to do the same for yours.

I have them under my aero garden light on the herbs setting, and water when necessary with filtered tap water.

Om Mani Padme Hum

DMTripper
#17 Posted : 11/2/2010 10:54:07 AM

John Murdoch IV

camdemonium wrote:
UPDATE:
My caapi and chacruna are growing, slowly but surely. The caapi didn't take off until i gave it something to curl on, be sure to do the same for yours.

I have them under my aero garden light on the herbs setting, and water when necessary with filtered tap water.

So how many hours a light a day?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

dreamer042
#18 Posted : 11/2/2010 11:01:04 AM

Dreamoar

I usually give mine about 13-14 hours of light per day, I have it set to turn on at 6:30 am and off at 8:00pm supplementing the natural sunlight

Ice House
#19 Posted : 11/2/2010 11:04:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

any idea how they would do under an HID?
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Once
#20 Posted : 11/4/2010 9:11:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to little caapi plants growing right now. Both are doing great, I have had them both since the spring and have steadily added leaves every week. I water them every two to three days. They are perched in an east facing window in the warmest part of my house (I hear they like that jungle heat). They get filtered light all day.
I haven't started growing Viridis yet, does anyone have a good vendor for live Viridis plants? I would love to use my own fresh leaves in a brew.
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.