We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Risk of death: is it possible? Options

WSaged
#21 Posted : 9/29/2010 2:07:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:
My wife knows about DMT. She's not my sitter, but she is prepared to possibly assist me in some difficult moment. But it's true: I still feel more "free" when she is not around.

Good!!

As long as you are not going behind her back to do it, or feeling guilty because you know she doesn't really like the idea of you doing it.
She doesn't need any interest in doing it herself, or even be involved at all.
Just understanding & compassionate. Like most things with any good partner!

I predict you are going to bloom like fire once you get this hanging on thing figured out!
It is going to wash over you like long awaited honey, when you find the source of this & let it go!!

Starting out with just one small/med toke was good advice!
Not enough to turn it all on, just the beginning...if things are feeling cool...maybe 2 more like 15-20 minutes later, etc...
Build it back up...get to know the normal sensations & go from there.

Also work on deep, slow breathing techniques.
Use this to calm yourself & prepare for a few minutes before smoking.
Use this during the experience to calm yourself, just pay attention to long, slow deep breaths & allow your thoughts to come up & just fall away...not to ignore the experience, but to quiet the anxious thought flood & let it happen.
(you can think about it all laterWink )

Keep us all posted!

Cheers!
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

WSaged
#22 Posted : 9/29/2010 6:16:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:
Now I have an assignment: learn to let go.

Or how about unlearning to hang on!!! Wink

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

ubu
#23 Posted : 9/29/2010 9:11:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WSaged wrote:
Or how about unlearning to hang on!!! Wink

Interesting way to think about the problem. It can help to face the fear in a new and more rich way. Instead of fear of death, the fear of life. Instead of fear of being pushed out of control, the fear of surrender yourself. These are fears I'm carrying inside me for a long, long time. And even after treating myself in a therapy context for some years now, they still insist on accompanying me. But then came this new fear: the fear of sudden death due to some health complications during DMT administration. I was really scared.

Last night I met a friend to talk specifically about this physical sense of an imminent death. While for me this is something completely new and unusual, for him the fear of death is a already known buddy. That is it, he feels the fear, pain in his chest and sometimes he feels that effectively and physically he is going to die. And yet, days later he is smoking DMT again. Hah!

Definitely, I still have much to learn.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

WSaged
#24 Posted : 9/29/2010 9:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:

Definitely, I still have much to learn.

Sounds like your already quite on your way!!

BTW, the symptoms you are explaining are very similar to common anxiety attacks, don't let your mind get the beter of you just because a foreign chemical is involved!!

If you feel this again next time, try to calm yourself & instead of trying to shut off what your trying to show yourself, say yes to it...try to figure out what is at the core of the fear you are feeling!
This leads to extinguishing it!! May take some real introspection though!

Pay attention!Wink

WS

mumbles
#25 Posted : 9/30/2010 3:00:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think you can die of amazement Very happy

gibran2
#26 Posted : 9/30/2010 3:01:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

mumbles wrote:
I don't think you can die of amazement Very happy

I've come close...
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Ice House
#27 Posted : 9/30/2010 3:08:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

WSaged wrote:

buck up camper...your not going to die just yet!Wink

lol

and that wich does not kill you only makes you stronger. Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

eyorca
#28 Posted : 9/30/2010 6:38:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i don't think you'll die.. but it's not all in your head.. like,, have you been taking care of your body recently?? have you been exercising, eating well, and drinking lots of fluids?? that will make a difference.. you still might freaka.. but it would be extremely unlikely to perish if your in good shape!!

eyorca
#29 Posted : 9/30/2010 6:39:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*doublepost!!Razz

ubu
#30 Posted : 9/30/2010 10:03:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm experiencing more stress in the recent years than ever before. I'm working at two different jobs, trying to finish a post-graduation, dealing with my family specially my mother which is severely sick, and recently I was put on a court by the neurotic family of a schizophrenic patient.

Sounds like a lot but I do not complain too much. Everybody has problems and having problems is not a problem Smile

I believe one the most important things in life is to accept our problems and difficulties, cultivating a good and healthy way to deal with then (easy to speak, I know).

But despite being a pretty ugly guy, I take some care with my body. I practice some daily light exercises and meditation (when I have some spare time, I confess). Also, I quit smoking two years ago, an attitude that made an immense difference in my life, an immense good. And years ago I gave myself a perpetual gift (at least while I have the money to pay for it): a weekly, professional, rejuvenating massage.

And I think the most important of all: I'm practicing bioenergetic therapy a few years now. Bioenergetic liberated me to feel more spontaneously without excessive self-judgment and self-criticism, and to express my feelings without fear of judgment and criticism by others. This means that I often need to apologize to someone because I'm not perfect, I get confused, I made mistakes and I value many things incorrectly. But I learn a lot too even with my own mistakes and I'm not carrying it inside me anymore, trapped in my body, as if it was wrong to express my feelings and my own mistakes.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

Newfound_wonder
#31 Posted : 9/30/2010 11:04:46 PM

Harvie Krumpet

I don't know if this is as extreme as dying, but my friend told me this story. He decided to microdose, test his new Baoding balls, and reflect on what he did that day, what he could have done that day, what he can do tomorrow. However, after inhaling his threshold dose he felt like his inner metabolism was moving backwards. As if he was doing negative work on his brain. As if he picked the wrong place or more likely the wrong time. He felt like he just filled himself with fear. He rejected the feeling so much that he threw up (he's reading about chakras and is fascinated by them, now every time he thinks of allergic reactions or throwing up or rejecting ideas he thinks of the Anahata chakra). As always, he learned much from the experience.

He isn't sure whether it was caused by impure spice, impure intentions, or by a body yearning for a healthier diet and more exercise, so he'll work on all three and see if it helps.
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

Newfound_wonder
#32 Posted : 10/1/2010 5:51:26 PM

Harvie Krumpet

SWIM used the same batch of spice and the same microdose today, and was pleasantly carried into a mixture of an idea and a dream. An amalgamation of interesting ideas stored in his head for quite some time danced through his awareness, culminating with a plan to somehow get more people interested in the brain at the Nexus. After all, DMT sitting on a shelf isn't that interesting; it is the way that DMT affects our brain that keeps us coming back here. By the time SWIM realized what was going on and what he was thinking about, the idea slipped through his mind like water through his fingers (I guess I only have enough CSF to cook up an idea but not enough to remember it).

He was left with a sense of bewilderment, an invigorated spirit, a neat idea and a smile on his face that he couldn't hide even if he wanted to. He loves this molecule.

Seriously, I wish I could stylishly express how much I appreciate this website. I've grown very fond of it very quickly. Smile
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

Scunch
#33 Posted : 10/1/2010 9:48:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The physical feelings of DMT can be quite intense. I've noticed that when I get close to breaking through my body gets a very odd feeling of pressure, like it's made out of rippling energy pressing down on me. I kind of enjoy it but the intensity of it can be unnerving. I very much doubt you could even come close to dying just from smoking DMT.

Global
#34 Posted : 10/2/2010 12:34:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I'm pretty sure you'd become incapacitated long before you managed to overdose from vaping DMT.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

PREV12