We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi and Calea? Options

ACTG
#1 Posted : 9/28/2010 1:49:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone have expericne with this mixture? I have a batch of Caapi and spice (1:1) which is pure bliss!
I was wondering if making a new blend of caapi and calea is worth while?
I have read reports that electric sheep is amazing but i am lacking the other herb.
Thank you
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." -Edwin Hubble

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BananaForeskin
#2 Posted : 9/28/2010 2:22:33 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

The only caapi and calea blend I have made has scared the shit out of me, by giving me at once some very beautiful and very terrifying experiences. The terror came only from feelings of mixed-up insanity which persisted for about an hour after smoking and could easily be attributable to other things... but which are still worth mentioning.

To my knowledge there are some changa blends that mix the two, but given my experiences if I were to make it again I would make a cautious test batch before making large quantities (always a good idea anyway). It has also always given me alarmingly vivid dreams.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

heavenlypursuit
#3 Posted : 10/7/2010 7:23:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
The only caapi and calea blend I have made has scared the shit out of me, by giving me at once some very beautiful and very terrifying experiences. The terror came only from feelings of mixed-up insanity which persisted for about an hour after smoking and could easily be attributable to other things... but which are still worth mentioning.

Have had a similar experience with 1:1 Calea, but no Caapi. I could only imagine with Caapi! It was as you said, both scary and amazing... about 5 minutes of sheer mind jumble followed by about 40 minutes of awesome shroom like visuals and hysterical laughter. The next day i was a bit shaken up, but it passed. The following day I felt great. It should be mentioned that was SWIM's first experience with infused leaf, and for some reason he had a false impression that it would not be as intense as spice alone. We can just say, the synergy of the calea and spice taught this voyager a lesson in humility. You should try the Calea on it's own before adding the Caapi, it's worth it. Very happy

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 10/7/2010 7:30:35 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

heavenlypursuit wrote:
BananaForeskin wrote:

Have had a similar experience with 1:1 Calea, but no Caapi. I could only imagine with Caapi! It was as you said, both scary and amazing... about 5 minutes of sheer mind jumble followed by about 40 minutes of awesome shroom like visuals and hysterical laughter. The next day i was a bit shaken up, but it passed. The following day I felt great. It should be mentioned that was SWIM's first experience with infused leaf, and for some reason he had a false impression that it would not be as intense as spice alone. We can just say, the synergy of the calea and spice taught this voyager a lesson in humility. You should try the Calea on it's own before adding the Caapi, it's worth it. Very happy

I've never tried shrooms, so I can't say I found the visuals shroom-like, but they definitely fit the category of what I'd expect from shrooms. Hell, we survived, but... be careful!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Madcap
#5 Posted : 10/7/2010 10:37:56 PM

illudium Q-36

well... I am certainly glad I read this thread. I was just going to make a batch of blue lotus extract, caapi extract, calea and my sooper spooky spice FB with just a bit of mullein for the smoothness.

I will enhance some calea with my lilly extract and spice first in a small 2 -3 dose test batch before adding caapi.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

heavenlypursuit
#6 Posted : 10/8/2010 12:54:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcap wrote:
well... I am certainly glad I read this thread. I was just going to make a batch of blue lotus extract, caapi extract, calea and my sooper spooky spice FB with just a bit of mullein for the smoothness.

I will enhance some calea with my lilly extract and spice first in a small 2 -3 dose test batch before adding caapi.

Enjoy Cool

Eden
#7 Posted : 10/8/2010 1:08:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Calea is by far one of my favorite herbs to infuse. It may be placebo, but calea definitely seems to increase the clarity of the experience.

Calea for clarity, pau d'arco for warmth and a bit of peppermint for taste. Yum. Smile

MySmelf
#8 Posted : 10/9/2010 2:21:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had some very nice and strange trips with a mix of caapi, calea, blue lotus, and pau D'arco. It does seem closer to shrooms than straight spice but still quite unique to it self.
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

Madcap
#9 Posted : 10/9/2010 3:40:37 AM

illudium Q-36

Just rolled a j of calea to give it a solo-test ride before adding any spice to it. I haven't put flame to it yet, but I got a piece of leaf in my mouth whilst preparing le' doobie.

It is bitter as all get-down... I know that could mean its just bitter but in many cases it indicates strong medicine.

I wish I had mixed it with a little mullein now... put a little smoothness in there.

heavenlypursuit
#10 Posted : 10/9/2010 9:56:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcap wrote:
Just rolled a j of calea to give it a solo-test ride before adding any spice to it. I haven't put flame to it yet, but I got a piece of leaf in my mouth whilst preparing le' doobie.

It is bitter as all get-down... I know that could mean its just bitter but in many cases it indicates strong medicine.

I wish I had mixed it with a little mullein now... put a little smoothness in there.

Both the smoke and tea are bitter, but worthwhile. Calea extracts are great too, 10x can really have an impact on the clarity of dreams. Gotta love the mullein though, just love the pillowy texture of it. Enjoy the doobie madcap...

Madcap
#11 Posted : 10/9/2010 2:13:45 PM

illudium Q-36

That was a harsh smoke. Not so harsh as to not finish it..... but certainly wanting in the smoothness category.

Dreams were vivid last night, but sometimes they just are. I believe any difference I felt could be chocked up to coincidence or placebo.

I will be finding or starting a calea thread if I have anything worth reporting.

Dimitrius
#12 Posted : 10/9/2010 2:29:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that whenever I take dream herbs, like Calea, or even Synaptolepis kirkii (like recently), that I have really weird dreams, but not in a good way. They don't help me at all. I just get disturbing, kind of ?disjointed? dreams....and terrible sleep.

However, when I take something like Rhodiola sacra, or painkillers (in the past, don't worry) or even cacao....I get REALLY significant, rich-filled dreams, with all kinds of stuff happening, like cosmic premonitions, deep-seated fears coming up, 10,000 feet tall rocket ships, old friends from school interacting with me in strange ways and all sorts of stuff. It's the richness and detailed, subconscious lucidity that really gets me.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi