We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Deliberate bad trip? Options

gibran2
#21 Posted : 9/27/2010 11:42:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

The only problem I see with deliberately seeking a bad trip is that once you have a truly bad trip, you’ll never use DMT again. Counterproductive if healing via DMT is what you seek.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

olympus mon
#22 Posted : 9/28/2010 12:30:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

gibran2 wrote:
The only problem I see with deliberately seeking a bad trip is that once you have a truly bad trip, you’ll never use DMT again. Counterproductive if healing via DMT is what you seek.

so true gibran, unfortunately this happened to me and its a shame. a total shame. ill doubt ill ever be comfortable trying to breakthrough smoking dmt again.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

camdemonium
#23 Posted : 9/28/2010 4:31:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah the bottom line is if you're deliberately seeking a bad trip on ANY psychedelic, you've NEVER had one!!!!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Get that twisted and then we shall talk!
Om Mani Padme Hum

Apoc
#24 Posted : 9/28/2010 9:22:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I've deliberately bad tripped. In fact, my initial intentions with psychedelics were to get to the "bad trip" dosing range. I purposely wanted psychedelic fear to see what goes on in my own psyche. Kind of like truth serum for yourself. I felt like I avoid going too deep in a normal state because it gets too scary, but the drug would force me to have a look what lies deep within. I have since learned that large dosing is not necessary, or wise, to learn about one's self.

Here is my self induced "bad" trip https://dmt-nexus.me/for...m=140743&#post140743

camdemonium
#25 Posted : 9/28/2010 5:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just read your self induced bad trip, Apoc, and wow did that bring some deja vu

This part especially:"Everything, the whole universe... literally a story that I made up. I made up the story that I am this person, I made up the story that there are cities, and I live on earth. I made up this thing called life and death. It was me the whole time. Every thought I've ever had and everything that's ever happened, it was all me, and its all been leading up to this very moment RIGHT NOW!! and NOW! AND NOW!! And it all must end... now. This is your death, I thought. It was all you, the entire time, and it all ends now. You didn't really take a drug, that was just a symbol, that was part of the story too, and there is no escape now. "
My whole life was leading up to this point, and i would look at all the significant turning points in my life and see how they brought me to this moment! Honestly if i had given in to them i completely believe i could have returned to the source that night! But i didn't and instead believed that the "universal police" were taking me to hell FOREVER!!! Shocked
And god was that just absolutely overwhelmingly terrifying to me!
Om Mani Padme Hum

corpus callosum
#26 Posted : 9/29/2010 8:38:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I believe that undergoing a trip to have a bad (i think 'difficult' is probably a better term) experience will probably not give an experience that is as difficult/bad as one would have if the tripper went into the mission hoping for a pleasant experience but actually underwent a bad one most commonly due to a lack of attention being paid to mind set.Intention is so important with any trip and cannot fail to have a bearing on what is experienced.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

I am.
#27 Posted : 10/18/2010 11:28:49 PM

I AM

i've been fighting the next bad trip on lsd for a year or two now. my mind is very strong and can fight very large doses. i flipped my switch about 3 years ago and it changed my life! the fear overwhelmed me. i remember the voices getting deeper and darker. the colors getting draker. then a deep, long, large voice said "this is gonna get bad" and then i fell down the dark tunnel. lost my mind for over an hour. woke up with tears on my face, bed drenched in sweat and the biggest grin on my face. i felt like my soul had the lagrest orgasm ever! now, everytime i feel a strong dose about to take me, i fight it. yet it's what i keep dosing for. strange, it's like i've been bitten once. now, i'm looking for the bite again but everytime i see the fangs, i run just fast enough. some kinda game i play with myself, i suppose.

like many have said (paraphrased perhaps) a bad trip is a good trip. it's when the pain, fear, anger, resentment (or whatever other poison) you have stuffed in your subconscious comes oozing out. it sucks in the middle of it but afterwards...wow. it's like 50 years of psychotherapy rolled into one.

i've developed a very strong God presence in my trips now. anytime i start to feel out of control, i get this One Thought that drags me out of the loop. i take this One Thought to be my sense of God. whether i have a breakthrough experience or just a happy trip, i take something from it. the day i come back from a trip empty handed (without a lesson learned), i believe that will be the day i quit. doubt that'll ever happen...
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

ubu
#28 Posted : 10/19/2010 2:03:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
bad trips on dmt can be so strange and creative you would never guess in a million years. not like lsd or mushrooms where its usually a bout of massive anxiety and terror, stuck in loops, paranoia, thoughts of dieing ext... things that aren't all that strange and can be described and explained to others.

SWIM has never had an experience of anxiety with LSD. I wonder how it would be to spend hours and hours with anxiety, panic, despair and feeling crazy forever.

But one time, from mushrooms, SWIM faced a terrible, agonizing and excruciating anxiety attack that quickly turned into a panic crisis that required the interruption by benzos (which he always carry with him - just answering the question olympus_mon asked in another post). This experience has profoundly marked SWIM life, but he does not want to revive it anymore, NEVER.

Unfortunately, sometimes the anxiety and the panic come back when smoking DMT, as a sort of phobia had been established. Luckily, the duration of smoked DMT is so short that no intervention is required. But it is strong enough to stay away from DMT for a few days.

Before this mush experience, SWIM also liked to brag to others about how much he liked "bad trips." But in fact he had not experienced anything like a bad trip before. Even his most difficult and hard experiences were just that: difficult and hard. Nothing else. Now he just wants complete and total distance of bad trips and anything related.

Life already have too much bad trips to want to search them on drugs.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

Rivea
#29 Posted : 10/19/2010 5:40:28 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I have had one incredibly terrifying LSD journey many years ago. I was out with three friends, one of whom I was distrusting more and more with each passing day. So we are walking down a large street at night (yeah we had no car back in 1974 when we were 16) and the street became like a river of blood. I saw blood everywhere for I do not know how long. I do remember after that long while returning to a much more pleasant hallucinatory state of mind... we were committed to a 10 hour trip though and it was only a few hours into it. I'm glad that it did not put me forever off psychedelics. I never want a bad trip, but I know that these journeys can take you to unexpected places.....
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

PREV12