We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Undiscovered DMT-containing Plants Options

Eranik
#1 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:12:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi

Yeah so I'm willing to hunt some down myself. Being suspicious about a bunch of plants I've seen around lately, i like to take samples from different parts and try extracting the "hopefully" present alkaloids.

After looking at list of discovered psychoactive plants i saw the vast majority of them are from central/south America. Why is it so then? is there some kind of environmental factor forcing plants to be psychoactive to survive there? or the old world man isn't as interested in trying and finding more psychoactive plants as Amerind man is? what do you think?

Anyway, I'm gonna try and find previously unmentioned, potent, and locally available sources to extract DMT from.

My first target is one of those "cool looking" trees, with really big and long (20cm) seed pods containing around 30 seeds each, seed pod colour and texture is like a cockroach skin (photos coming soon). the tree has mimosa like leafs and really sharp big red thorns. I don't know if it's an acacia or mimosa or what, and was not able to find matching photos in the internet.

I want to do four extractions on stem-bark, leafs, seed pods, and seeds. but not root bark, because i don't like to kill plants to get high.

Just 2 questions arise:

1- How to know the results from extraction contain DMT? just a simple hint on ID-ing it will do (burning plastic smell?)
2- The results might contain other probably toxic substances as well, how to wash them off to get pure DMT?
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sally
#2 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:22:22 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Where do you live? I can provide you with a list of DMT containing plants and MAOIs that grow in your area

xx
ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

ॐ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR ॐ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .

Eranik
#3 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:24:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sally wrote:
Where do you live? I can provide you with a list of DMT containing plants and MAOIs that grow in your area

xx

That would be great!

Thanks
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

Sally
#4 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:35:11 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

OK Smile Plants containing DMT that grow in Iran are as follows:
Acacia Farnesia
Acacia Nilotica
Acacia Nilotica subsp. Adstringens
Acaia Oerfota
Acacia Seyal
Punica Granatum
Phalaris Brachystachys

They are native to your country, new DMT-containing plants may have been introduced. But I don't know much about those yet Razz

And MAOI plants are as follows:
Artemisia Abrotanum
Artemisia Vulgaris
Elaeagnus Angustifolia
Festuca Arundinacea
Hypericum Perforatum
Lolium Perenne
Mentha Pulegium
Nitraria Schoberi
Papaver Rhoeas
Peganum Harmala
Salvia Sclarea
Tribulus Terrestris
Withania Somnifera
Zygophyllum Fabago

Please double check these, I haven't taken these plants myself I have collected the plant names for research only. You may find this website quite useful for chemicals present in above plants Smile

EDIT: Also, please be aware that Artemisia Vulgaris contain Thujone, which in large doses can cause convulsions.
ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

Eranik
#5 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:44:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sally wrote:
OK Smile Plants containing DMT that grow in Iran are as follows:
Acacia Farnesia
Acacia Nilotica
Acacia Nilotica subsp. Adstringens
Acaia Oerfota
Acacia Seyal
Punica Granatum
Phalaris Brachystachys

They are native to your country, new DMT-containing plants may have been introduced. But I don't know much about those yet Razz

And MAOI plants are as follows:
Artemisia Abrotanum
Artemisia Vulgaris
Elaeagnus Angustifolia
Festuca Arundinacea
Hypericum Perforatum
Lolium Perenne
Mentha Pulegium
Nitraria Schoberi
Papaver Rhoeas
Peganum Harmala
Salvia Sclarea
Tribulus Terrestris
Withania Somnifera
Zygophyllum Fabago

Please double check these, I haven't taken these plants myself I have collected the plant names for research only. You may find this website quite useful for chemicals present in above plants Smile

EDIT: Also, please be aware that Artemisia Vulgaris contain Thujone, which in large doses can cause convulsions.

WOW you're amazing!!
Punica Granatum or Pomegranate can be found here where i live EVERYWHERE!! which parts does contain DMT? any more info about other alkaloids in it?

Sally
#6 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:47:33 PM

Eranik wrote:
Punica Granatum or Pomegranate can be found here where i live EVERYWHERE!! which parts does contain DMT? any more info about other alkaloids in it?

Bear with me, I will try and dig out some more info!

Sally
#7 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:51:50 PM

Punica Granatum has DMT in the root cortex. I got the information from DMT nexus, but the link no longer works, so perhaps the page has been taken down?!

Here is the link.

xx

Eranik
#8 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sally wrote:
Punica Granatum has DMT in the root cortex. I got the information from DMT nexus, but the link no longer works, so perhaps the page has been taken down?!

Here is the link.

xx

That link is from the old forum system (PHPBB), doesn't work because the forum is not running on PHPBB anymore, but the topic is still on the forum somewhere. i did a search. is it this? :
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1530

Sally
#9 Posted : 9/25/2010 10:00:33 PM

Eranik wrote:
That link is from the old forum system (PHPBB), doesn't work because the forum is not running on PHPBB anymore, but the topic is still on the forum somewhere. i did a search. is it this? :
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1530

Looks right Smile have you had a look at the links?

Eranik
#10 Posted : 9/25/2010 10:06:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes i read the links also googled about it, very interesting info. will try extracting soon and share the results. thank you

Sally
#11 Posted : 9/26/2010 8:18:33 AM

No problem Very happy Best of luck and keep us updated!!

xxx

Eranik
#12 Posted : 9/26/2010 10:06:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK new problems... regarding solvents.

1- Are kerosene and gasoline non-polar solvents, and can I use them instead of ether or naphta in the teks?? if not then what are some common easy to find and cheap non-polar solvents?
2- Can i distill common cheap kerosene or gasoline to get pure lab grade solvents that evaporate cleanly without any residues? (of course the safe way, electric double boiler and glass jars and pipes)

Sally
#13 Posted : 9/26/2010 10:26:36 AM

Eranik wrote:
OK new problems... regarding solvents.

1- Are kerosene and gasoline non-polar solvents, and can I use them instead of ether or naphta in the teks?? if not then what are some common easy to find and cheap non-polar solvents?
2- Can i distill common cheap kerosene or gasoline to get pure lab grade solvents that evaporate cleanly without any residues? (of course the safe way, electric double boiler and glass jars and pipes)

ARGH! That kind of question is completely beyond me Sad Maybe start a new thread in the general extractions help ?

xx

Eranik
#14 Posted : 9/26/2010 10:37:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah Sorry you're right, those questions require another thread.

proto-pax
#15 Posted : 9/26/2010 3:32:50 PM

bird-brain

That is hard to say without you giving us the manufacturer and MSDS of that specific brand of kerosene. I would NOT use them though because kerosene and gasoline often have additives in them that are NOT safe to inhale, let alone smoke. What you want to use is naptha, I'm not sure what brands are in Iran, but anything that leaves no residue when you evaporate it should be okay.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Eranik
#16 Posted : 9/26/2010 6:02:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

proto-pax wrote:
That is hard to say without you giving us the manufacturer and MSDS of that specific brand of kerosene. I would NOT use them though because kerosene and gasoline often have additives in them that are NOT safe to inhale, let alone smoke. What you want to use is naptha, I'm not sure what brands are in Iran, but anything that leaves no residue when you evaporate it should be okay.

Take a look at here, i explained my plan furthermore there. What do you think?
"poor man's" non-polar solvents

Shayku
#17 Posted : 9/26/2010 6:24:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sally, that information is amazing! Are you getting it all in the same place, or are you making your own database?
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

MffnMn
#18 Posted : 9/26/2010 9:17:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ditto to what Shayku said! Where did you find such awesome knowledge? Razz

Sally
#19 Posted : 9/27/2010 8:22:35 AM

Shayku wrote:
Sally, that information is amazing! Are you getting it all in the same place, or are you making your own database?

MffnMn wrote:
Ditto to what Shayku said! Where did you find such awesome knowledge?

Aw, thank you Smile No, I spent 3 months collecting as much information as I could on the native locations of all hallucinogenic (and suspected hallucinogenic) and MAOI plants, fungi, toads and fish Razz It was for research for my uni course. I found that all the encyclopaedia books I have on entheogens just weren't providing enough thorough information, so I did it myself!! Took me ages Razz Mushrooms were the worst I have to say. In total, the research is 1187 A4 pages long Smile

So if you need to know about plants that grow in your area, give me a shout Smile Maybe I should start a thread offering the help? What do you think?
xxx

Eranik
#20 Posted : 9/27/2010 10:51:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah consider starting a help offering thread please that would be great! Is there any magic mushrooms here? SWIM stumbles upon some wild mushrooms often at the feet of old trees but never dares to touch them.

123NEXT