We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
consuming powdered mimosa? Options

mindash
#1 Posted : 9/23/2010 11:13:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just saw someone saying they were going to ingest 1 gram of mimosa and 2 grams of rue in gel caps, is that wise or even work in any way without horrible side effects??

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

azrael
#2 Posted : 9/24/2010 3:53:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It would probably work.

I don't know what degree of side effects are "horrible". The rue dose is not that high. If there are side effects: the nausea would be distracting, the purge would taste grosser, and there would probably be some diarrhea. It's probably not nearly as bad as puking up shredded bark.

Apoc
#3 Posted : 9/24/2010 5:47:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's the mimosa that will cause nausea. Rue at small doses probably won't cause nausea. You can easily increase the rue dose up to 3g without any nausea. Let me know how it goes. If you take mimosa straight up, you'll get 100% of the actives. Probably 15-20mg of dmt. It might be a very efficient way of taking ayahuasca. Instead of all that boiling, or extracting, just cap a couple pills of mimosa and go for it.

My experiences with ayahuasca have been..... excruciating, which is why I am reluctant to try such a thing again, until someone else tells me that it can be done without too much discomfort. In my experience with ayahuasca, it doesn't seem to matter how much it gets boiled, how much straining you do, or if you add gelatin to get rid of the tannins, it seems no matter what, the drink is always supremely nasty and stomach upsetting. I don't know if unfiltered mimosa is even more upsetting. Also, remember, you are eating bark.

corridors of my cells
#4 Posted : 9/24/2010 10:47:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats some kinda aya without cooking... i really dont know if it works.. but anyways the amounts look so little to me and it would bother stomach for sure.

That wold be a treshold dosage as i guess.. and it would be too much burden for stomach compared to effects if you would like to dose something bigger than those amounts IMO.

azrael
#5 Posted : 9/25/2010 1:50:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ginger is good for an upset tummy.

Apoc
#6 Posted : 9/25/2010 2:08:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

azrael wrote:
used to do this^: mix up plant powder with some water into a paste, eat with a spoon, chase with water. definitely works.

When you used to do it this way, did you barf? How much powder did you consume in a sitting?

mindash
#7 Posted : 9/25/2010 3:33:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah id love to know that as well. it would be nice if someone could put together a small guide for anyone who might be interested in consuming these in such a manner

azrael
#8 Posted : 9/26/2010 12:24:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

There's always a chance for a purge. Keep a bucket and a cup of water ready to rest easy.

In general with raw plant ingestion I am repeating thought cycles about "consuming food for spiritual investigation" and that "you don't vomit up lunch or dinner", convincing myself that my body's natural method of digestion and expelling waste is how I want to achieve the particular experience. There's still a purge of diarrhea, but that plays into the plan.

Sometimes it doesn't go according to plan and I vomit. Depending on how long it has been since I ate the material there could be plant bits or if longer there's only water/bile to puke up.

No matter your intention, if you do this with caapi bark, make sure you thoroughly smash, peel, grind, cut with scissors, and mash until you have the smallest particles possible. You do not want to puke up (or eat really) some loosely shredded bark, it gets stuck in the throat and needs water to loosen. All plant material should be ground well so your stomach can actually get the goodies out, but for the barks it's a digestive thing too. Powder/water making a sludge is easiest to pass.

I wasn't born with an iron stomach. Thoughts and breathing affect how much your body wants to puke. Shorter, easy breaths help. A cup of water to just wet the tongue and sip a bit is also helpful. You'll have to get to know your mind to understand what pushes you over the threshold of the purge.

However you purge, if you purge, is just fine. Sometimes worrying about not puking or crapping your brains out is more distracting than just getting it over with so you can get on with things. Other times it's a nice little challenge. Really there is no clear cut way that this *must* be done, it's often a process of finding out how you can get the most out of it.

As to specifics, here is a blend from one year ago that I found in the journal:

1-2g P. harmala
~10g B. caapi
3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 seed datura inoxia
~5g B. chiricaspi
~5g M. tenuiflora (hostilis)
~5g D. cabrarena

t=0.00 black pepper eaten
t=0.08 maoi consumed *shudder* (took 8 min to eat and lick bowl clean)
t=0.19 sludge started
t=0.31 finished, feeling some effects

Effects were very strong for six hours. The black pepper is not comfortable on the stomach (and utterly terrible for a purge) but seems to make things come on much quicker. The goal in the dosing here was for a colorfully expanded headspace with many visuals, it was before I really got in to caapi as the heart of it all.

EDIT: if I left something out lemme know

g13juggalo
#9 Posted : 9/27/2010 5:03:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

azrael, would you recomend taking 3 gs of syrian rue and 5 of mimosa in a paste?

How bad on the stomache is it?

azrael
#10 Posted : 9/27/2010 9:22:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Apoc
#11 Posted : 10/2/2010 5:55:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HI! I found this trip report somewhere on the net. Here it is. This post is to document the phsyical effects, not so much the trip.

"- 0:00 - 1g capped rue extract. Equivalent harmala content of 3g Syrian Rue.
+ 0:10 - 1g capped powdered mimosa.
+ 0:20-0:40 - Increasing Euphoria.
+ 0:40 - 1:00 - Mega Euphoria.
+ 1:00 - 3:00 - too much Euphoria!! Too strong, too dizzy, nauseated, don't wanna move. Tremors. Peak psychedelic effects
+ 3:00 - 6:00 - Long lingering effects. Nausea and dizzyness come back periodically in waves.

It was stronger than I thought it would be. Too strong actually. The good news is that I didn't experience any nausea.... at least not right away. There was no nausea before the peak (about 1-1.5 hours after taking the mimosa). I felt heavy heavy vertigo. When vertigo gets strong enough, I get a nausea, vertigo combo, and can't tell if I'm nauseated because of what's in my stomach, or due to the vertigo itself. The nausea didn't start until I got really dizzy. I have noticed this nauseated feeling happens if too much harmalas are taken. The fact that I didn't get nausea before the peak leads me to believe that the nausea was from excess maoi. I believe this is the case because most people suggest that it is the tannins in mimosa that cause nausea. If the tannins cause nasea, then I figure I would have felt nauseated as soon as the mimosa hit my stomach, not an hour later.

I took the mimosa. What struck me first was the lack of nausea. Nothing at all. Quickly, I was overcome by a very warm euphoria that enveloped my whole body. The euphoria continued to increase to an incredible level. It was the most placid and stoic I have ever been without experiencing psychedelic effects. Up until this point, my thoughts were like, "wow, this euphoria is great,... but it's not psychedelic at all. No dmt like effects". I was glad to feel good, but figured this would be all the trip had to offer. I ended up getting more than I bargained for.

It all built very slowly. Eventually, the euphoria became so strong it turned to dizzyness, and my body felt really weird. I've never felt like this on dmt before. I lifted my head up and I was like, "whoaaahhh.... ok, this is too much now". I was really dizzy and actually felt intoxicated. Not clear headed like I usual feel on dmt. Tremors started shaking. Sometimes a lot.... seemingly too much tremors for the small amount of dmt that would be in 1g of mimosa. Again, I suspect the tremors were from too much MAO inhibition. It felt just like trips in which I have taken too much harmalas. That queezy, flu like feeling seeped in, I didn't want to do anything but lie down and wait for it to pass. This is the point the psychedelic effects started. The psychedelic effects were more visionary than visual for this trip, though there were some visuals. The psychedelic effects were distincly different from pure dmt. I've found dmt to be more akin to flashes of light and fractals, geometric patterns, formless entities which give a message of love. The mimosa had more of a dream like quality, the visions had more life like quality. Beings that were shaped like living things, people, spirits, not just patterns. The visions had stories to them. The dream like quality of the mimosa was so clear and crisp. I have never had such vivid, lucid visions before. And the visions were WEIRD! More earthy, more primal.

I should have headed the words of this site, which suggests that mimosa is active without maoi http://www.erowid.org/pl...imosa/mimosa_info2.shtml It claims there is a substance in mimosa, possibly yuremamine, which has a morphine like effect and acts as an maoi. However, no one really knows what makes mimosa orally active. I actually thought I was being conservative with my rue dose. I usually take more rue than 3g, so I thought 3g would be fine. No, the mimosa definitely has it's own effect by itself. Both my body and mind felt very weird on this trip.

In the future, maybe I will see what mimosa is like on its own. The maoi / morphine like effect of the mimosa itself was too much in combination with harmalas. Good thing I didn't take 2g mimosa like I though about. So yeah, mimosa on its own is quite interesting.... though I imagine the more mimosa you take, you'll feel more foggy from the weird "morphine" / maoi effect. You might get too much of that morphine stuff before you get enough of the dmt you want. A creative user might actually use mimosa as an maoi and take dmt orally. I would not suggest mimosa be taken with RIMA's, or at least very conservative amounts."

Here is Entroymancer's thread on the full range of alkaloids found in mimosa hostilis https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1115

g13juggalo
#12 Posted : 10/4/2010 4:27:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would it be a good idea to use less rue then? Like 2-2.5 grams?

jamie
#13 Posted : 10/4/2010 4:48:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

What is the point of this? Seems like it would just make more sense to brew the stuff.
Long live the unwoke.

azrael
#14 Posted : 10/4/2010 8:14:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
What is the point of this?

Different strokes.

mumbles
#15 Posted : 10/4/2010 11:30:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats horribly inefficient. You want the alkaloids in salt form in solution if you hope for them to be absorbed by your body. You don't want your stomach performing extractions on indigestible bark/seed materials you will just end up sick and waste your time. Extract the actives!

Apoc
#16 Posted : 10/4/2010 5:58:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:
Thats horribly inefficient. You want the alkaloids in salt form in solution if you hope for them to be absorbed by your body. You don't want your stomach performing extractions on indigestible bark/seed materials you will just end up sick and waste your time. Extract the actives!

The point of this was to test claims such as those. Why did I bother posting that report if people are going to contradict it without the experience themselves?

g13juggalo
#17 Posted : 10/4/2010 11:56:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Because this is a lot easier. xD
Plus it would be a more unique experience. Anyone else think the morphinelike chemical sounds fairly pleasant minus the excess maoi effects?

I bet this would be really pleasant with caapi instead of rue. Maybe make a caapi brew, drink, then shortly after consume just over a gram of mimosa.

Would it still work if one took a little less syrian rue than normal? My friend would like to take 2-2.5 grams of syrian rue, since theres apparently more maois in mimosa. This makes it sound like it would make it more pleasent.

jamie
#18 Posted : 10/5/2010 12:15:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

How many of you have actaully drank mimosa that was not decanted, compared to mimosa that is decanted?..I have enough times and I do not want that powder inside me again..so yes Apoc I have ingested the mimosa power and personally I dont see the point.
Long live the unwoke.

Apoc
#19 Posted : 10/8/2010 4:47:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Test #2

1g of capsuled powdered mimosa was taken. There was no nausea at all this time. But sadly, no effects either, except for a bit of tiredness for a while. I even drank aboug 15mg of dmt citrate 30 mins after taking the mimosa, assuming the mimosa alone would allow for oral activation of dmt, but it did not. Thus, I was robbed of an ayahuasca trip, which I had been looking forward to, and wasted 15mg of precious spice, plus of course, 1g of mimosa.

So, it seems that at least in the 1g range, harmalas are necessary to orally activate mimosa. In regards to the strange body load I had in my last powdered mimosa trip, I either took too much syrian rue, or syrian rue reacts in a particular way with mimosa that causes an odd queesy feeling.

azrael
#20 Posted : 10/8/2010 7:27:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting Apoc. Was the tiredness similar to the sedative effects of the previous attempt?

12NEXT