We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Caapi tea Options

camdemonium
#21 Posted : 10/14/2010 5:11:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wishy do you take any medications that may interfere with the Spirit of the vine?
From your experiences i doubt you do but i figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
Om Mani Padme Hum

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

olympus mon
#22 Posted : 10/14/2010 8:03:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

justine wrote:
You can also simply hold your nose Smile

wheres the fun in that!!!Laughing
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

dpwishy
#23 Posted : 10/16/2010 10:25:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
Wishy do you take any medications that may interfere with the Spirit of the vine?
From your experiences i doubt you do but i figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I do not take a single thing....

olympus mon: Do you filter at all, through a t shirt or anything? I read everywhere that its common practice to filter through a t-shirt. Wouldn't that be filtering out goodies too?

Also, the vine from HP has a nice layer of bark around the vine fibers. I think allot of the powder/junk sediment comes from this part of the vine. I have a feeling the majority of the goodies, if not all are inside 2nd inner fiber layer. By taking off the outside bark, I think you can take away most of the sediment that would be bad stuff and not alkaloids. Or maybe after you beat the bag out of the caapi, only pull aside the fibers and anything that turns into powder/dust, thats a good sign its the outside bark and to discard and only keep the fibers.

So am I better off not to filter at all, to use a t-shirt? I am confused here...
Thanks guys...

In divine friendship,
your brother
-wishy

olympus mon
#24 Posted : 10/16/2010 11:06:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

sorry for the confusion wishy, yes you should filter at least 2 times through a t shirt. i needed to be more accurate with my terminology. lets say "filtering" is putting the liquid through a t shirt or cheese cloth,while "clearing" the brew is decanting, freezing or even very fine filtration such as coffee filters. they have totally different results.

now that we have understood terminology i would say no filtering is not the same as clearing. filtering doesnt do a whole lot. it gets the largest of particles out leaving a dusting of matter in the cloth compared to when you decant or freeze. this more aggressive clearing gets out a significant amount of sediment up to 1/2 inch of sludge.

yes always filter!
im playing with different ways of reducing nausea but keeping potency aka protein binding. this removes just tannins the main contributor of the purge. i posted some pics and info in the aya room.

i agree the bark has a ton to do with the sediment and also may hold a tremendous amount of alkaloids. maybe some one with more knowledge can chime in here.

dpwishy
#25 Posted : 10/17/2010 2:27:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
i agree the bark has a ton to do with the sediment and also may hold a tremendous amount of alkaloids. maybe some one with more knowledge can chime in here.

I have a feeling that there is slim to non goodies in the ouside bark layer. Next brew im only going to take full fibers and make my brew with that. I expect to lose allot more weight than normal, but I think it will be worth it in the end, given a much higher quality brew.

In divine friendship,
your brother,
-wishy

olympus mon
#26 Posted : 10/18/2010 12:43:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dpwishy wrote:
olympus mon wrote:

I have a feeling that there is slim to non goodies in the ouside bark layer. Next brew im only going to take full fibers and make my brew with that. I expect to lose allot more weight than normal, but I think it will be worth it in the end, given a much higher quality brew.

In divine friendship,
your brother,
-wishy

that would be great, please make sure you let us know how it all went. you made a great point about the bark making 90% of the sediment. this vine i used had a ton of powered bark dust after i got done breaking it all up. i removed many tannins with protein binding but theres still more sediment than ive seen in all my other brews. we'll just have to see,

PREV12