We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Caapi tea Options

dpwishy
#1 Posted : 9/23/2010 9:52:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have used oral dmt for a few years, mostly combining rue with dmt. I had some pretty amazing experiences but over time I realized I was really experiencing oral dmt. Over the years I have felt a calling to ayahuasca itself. Recently I got 120 grams of red caapi and 140 of black.

The first go I drank the red caapi in 2 doses, a couple hours apart, mixing dmt throughout the experience. It was not a vine guided experience, but more straight oral dmt. It was overwhelmingly dmt, and too much. It was like a prolonged smoked experience and certainly not what I was expecting or looking for.

So I figured I'd try just the vine to experience what the aya spirit was like on its own. I brewed the 140 g's of black over 3 days in a crock pot, changing the water every day or so and reducing to alittle less than half a cup. I drank half the mixture and then waited 1.5 hours and drank the other half. I felt slight warmness and a head change, but nothing major. I have read that black is one of the strongest, needing only about 60's for a good dose. I did not purge at all on the black 140 g's, nor was there any kind of feeling of contact with the spirit. Did I have bunk vine, or maybe the spirit doesnt want to work with me?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 9/24/2010 6:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

id say bunk vine isn't the most likely culprit. 90% of the time its a brewing or tek problem. id would advise read the "all about aya" sticky. it has very complete brewing instructions. follow those EXACTLY as it reads do not think or substitute just yet. once you have had success then you can try new methods and tweaks but first you need to know what caapi should feel like from a good brew.

100g plus should have you layed out! so i would do another brew and try 50-60g then re-dose in an hour if needed with another 20-25g.

good luck, stay connected.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

dpwishy
#3 Posted : 9/24/2010 10:30:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My brew method is pretty sound. I have extracted botanical's for many years. Through experience extracting mimosa, I found its best to keep it in a crock pot for days on low. Every 3-10 hours I change the water. This is done until the water comes back clear. Sometimes I have as much as 12-15 gallons of water in mimosa extractions. This is reduced to a workable amount, usually less than a gallon. The same method is used for the caapi, about a tablespoon of vinegar is added to each water bath, they are all combined and reduced. I know I am getting almost everything, as the vine isnt giving off hardly any color in the water when I am done. I also break my vine up to basically as small as it can go without being to much of a hassle powder wise to filter.

The first tea worked as maoi like I said, using same brewing method, I just far over did the spice and it was more a oral dmt experience rather than ayahuasca.

I noticed that the vendor I ordered from has the black on sale, also they had a one time special of like 25 500g extracted black caapi extracts. It made me think that the black caapi they had at the time was in abundance and probably old. Why else would they be making one time extracts of that much bark, and have it on sale?

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 9/24/2010 10:46:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

in more detail your brew method sounds very good. that does sound like it must be a vine issue doesn't it?
what supplier and when? have you contacted them? if they are a reputable source and have gotten any other complaints they should replace your order. id give them a try. i cant hurt, most of these people are really honest and do the right thing.

how much mimosa did you ingest? it may no be that you took too much mimosa on that first try. could just be shitty vine. maybe you did but possibly if the vine was on par you would have been grounded enough and had a more positive experience. it sounds like the vine is active but just enough maoi to set off the fireworks possibly.

dpwishy
#5 Posted : 9/24/2010 11:28:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I really don't know how much spice I took, I ate the whole vial. I don't make a drink from mimosa I just extract freebase dmt. When I want to eat it orally I add it to some oj and convert it back to a salt and ingest that way. Maybe 250mg over an hour or two. And the vinecame from kt botanicals, Iv never had an issue before with them, But iv only purchased bulks of mimosa from them, never caapi. In fact, I usually go to other vendors that are closer, as kt takes a LONG time to ship to me, we are on different coasts, but I go to them because the quality is usually there....

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 9/25/2010 1:02:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yea i could see 250mg being pretty uncomfortable especially without enough caapi.

im surprised you would not have any concerns with downing unknown amounts of spice! your a lot braver than i am my friend.Surprised

dpwishy
#7 Posted : 9/26/2010 2:16:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Who is a good vendor for the us for caapi?

Iv always gone to bbb and kt,
but bbb sketches me out now and I had this problem with kt this time

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 9/27/2010 6:08:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

heavenly products is who i use in the USA.

theres a vendor/supplier room on the forums

dpwishy
#9 Posted : 10/11/2010 5:47:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I took your advice and ordered from hp. I got 240 g's of yellow, after beaten it such it went to 214. I reduced to 250ml. I drank 70g's worth, then 30g's worth 15 mins later. After an hour, I felt slight effects. I took the other 114 g's down, so 214 total. After the second full dose, I started to feel the effects. My vision was shifting from side to side, slight headache, thoughts/ideas kept bumping into my head. I saw very dark (clarity wise) images that were hard to make out.

I have consumed 120g's in two doses about 40 mins apart of red vine. I have drank 140g's of black in two doses, about an hour apart. And now 214 of yellow and still only getting slight effects. Where I got last night, I felt like it could have gone a further. My question is this, could this be my body make up and not the vine? This has been three different types, all were threshold, accept the last one, but that was 215 g' and still not full on!

I told my self I wouldn't ad admixtures until the spirit has introduced her self to me, I felt like she did some healing work, but never said hello, so ill keep brewing caapi only, I am just wondering if my body needs massive doses? Or is this all bad luck with vine...

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

In divine friendship,
your brother,
-wishy

dpwishy
#10 Posted : 10/11/2010 5:55:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Now that I think of it, I have had many many times where my maoi never worked with rue, and I ate dmt only to be wasted. The times I have had rue+spice to work, it has taken multiple doses. Maybe this points to the fact that my body needs a much higher level to be active. How normal is this? or maybe I had weak seeds also? I just don't want to think this is how my body is, and start with 150g's next time, and go way overboard you know?

olympus mon
#11 Posted : 10/11/2010 9:32:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this is very strange indeed. you have eliminated the chance of bunk vine by a new supply from a reputable vendor and drank 214g with only mild effects? there is something missing here. even if your a tough nut to crack 214g caapi brewed correctly should have done it.

the only comparison i have is i drank 140g of caapi that i freeze precipitated to clear the tannins and i felt very little effects. almost none. i believe i could have drank another 60g easy and had not much more effects. have you been clearing your brews in this way? are you drinking any sediment?

the only other idea i have is maybe your faith in the crockpot method is skewed by other successful extractions of different plants. maybe its not a good caapi brewing method even though it sounds like a good way. you acidify which is good, and stated you really shred the piss out of the vine. a light simmer probably isn't extracting the alkaloids you need. what else could it be? its seems like the only unique factor.
ive never read of this method so maybe you could ask around to see if anyone has had good results from a low long simmer.
im intrigued now so keep us informed please.

dpwishy
#12 Posted : 10/12/2010 12:36:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here is how I brew, this is a picture by picture tek. I am thinking the reusable coffee filter might be taking to much out? But that doesnt seem right, these alkaloids should be water soluble. Filtering and taking out the junk shouldn't effect whats dissolved in the water.... I am confused here.

http://forums.mycotopia....caapi-only-brew-tek.html

olympus mon
#13 Posted : 10/12/2010 1:23:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=dpwishy]But that doesnt seem right, these alkaloids should be water soluble. Filtering and taking out the junk shouldn't effect whats dissolved in the water.... I am confused here.

http://forums.mycotopia....aapi-only-brew-tek.html[/quote]
you know i keep hearing folks say that but in another thread you will find 3 different people myself included stating that this isnt the case. i would go as far to say that potency is greatly reduced by thorough filtering as my last 3 aya sessions reflected. the only one that i got off the ground on was unfiltered and it was 1/3 less grams than the other 2 attempts! even 140g filtered didnt do squat compared to just 75g with some sediment.

im not debating water solubility there's just way more alkaloids per volume in plant matter vs. liquid and im finding it makes a big difference.

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 10/12/2010 2:48:31 AM

John Murdoch IV

I've had very potent white caapi from maya-ethnobotanicals.com. Needed only around 40gr. for a good purge. My problem is I just can't get the tea down. I find it tastes absolutely foul Sad
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

dpwishy
#15 Posted : 10/12/2010 3:20:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
I've had very potent white caapi from maya-ethnobotanicals.com. Needed only around 40gr. for a good purge. My problem is I just can't get the tea down. I find it tastes absolutely foul Sad

I have drank only red, black and yellow. But I have no problem with the taste. I only chase it with water. I take a small sip of water, pound my dose, usually around 80ml, and then chase it with water until all I taste is water. Try chasing, but the key is to sip what ever it is first, then drink the brew with it still in your mouth kinda, it tricks the taste buds, then when you take your dose and sip the chase until all you taste is the chase, there is really no room to taste the brew that much. Try it with oj or something if water doesn't work for you.

dpwishy
#16 Posted : 10/12/2010 3:24:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
the only other idea i have is maybe your faith in the crockpot method is skewed by other successful extractions of different plants. maybe its not a good caapi brewing method even though it sounds like a good way. you acidify which is good, and stated you really shred the piss out of the vine. a light simmer probably isn't extracting the alkaloids you need. what else could it be? its seems like the only unique factor. ive never read of this method so maybe you could ask around to see if anyone has had good results from a low long simmer.

When the crock pot is on high, it is boiling the water/vine mixture. I change it between high and low a few times in the 12 hour simmers. So there is at least 4 hours of each 3 12+ hour extractions that it is on high and boiling. This isnt a simmer at 140f, you know?

digital_phreedom
#17 Posted : 10/12/2010 5:34:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey wishy! Haven't I seen you somewhere before? Pleased

I'm still new to Aya, as you know.. But in my experiences so far, 40g Caapi is enough for effects, and 60 is strong for me.. Of course I'm sure the suppliers would effect those exact numbers.. But anyway, the ONE time I filtered my Caapi with a coffee filter, having used 60 grams, I got almost zero effects, and my admixture didn't work either.. I had used 40 grams of the same Caapi previously, with complete success.

So I know there are differing opinions on this, but the only conclusion that I can draw for myself from that, was that the act of filtering out all the sediment must have reduced the potency of my brew. Like I said, it only happened once, and I have not repeated the experiment, so I cannot be certain. But having one failed attempt after 8 hours of brewing was enough for me. I now drink the sediment every time. But lately I haven't been having nausea problems, as I'm greatly aided by dramamine and a little toast.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

olympus mon
#18 Posted : 10/12/2010 5:50:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dpwishy wrote:
olympus mon wrote:
the only other idea i have is maybe your faith in the crockpot method is skewed by other successful extractions of different plants. maybe its not a good caapi brewing method even though it sounds like a good way. you acidify which is good, and stated you really shred the piss out of the vine. a light simmer probably isn't extracting the alkaloids you need. what else could it be? its seems like the only unique factor. ive never read of this method so maybe you could ask around to see if anyone has had good results from a low long simmer.

When the crock pot is on high, it is boiling the water/vine mixture. I change it between high and low a few times in the 12 hour simmers. So there is at least 4 hours of each 3 12+ hour extractions that it is on high and boiling. This isnt a simmer at 140f, you know?

then you have to look at the filtration. right>?

olympus mon
#19 Posted : 10/12/2010 7:45:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:

you know tripper, theres a way to shoot down the brew with barley every tasting it. i am not exaggerating either. heres what i do , i learned it from being a big puss when it comes to hard alcohol. shots at a bar make me gag and want to puke so over the years i figured out a way to open my throat, dump it far back and push my tongue up tho the roof of my mouth as i swallow. this stops any liquid from rolling into your mouth. the aya only has contact with the back or your tongue where there aren't many taste buds. as soon as you gulp and begin to relax your tongue have the chaser in your other hand to immediately take a gulb in a similar manner. this washes any residuals down your throat and you will never have tasted a thing!!!!!

practice with something strong like orange juice.

pro tipsLaughing - glass shape is really important. dont pick a wide glass, tall short and slender make it easier to get to the back of the throat. a shot glass is good but i find a little more length acts like a rifle barrel giving you better accuracy. dont get a glass too long cuz its too slow getting out of the glass.
- amount of liquid.... i find 1.25-1.5 oz shot about perfect. too much and your throat cant hold it all, too little and there's not enough mass there to have a fast rush. small under 1oz shots get too much resistance from the glass and it fucks my timing all up.

MY GOD, i sound insane writing this "tek" for shooters!!!

but seriously it works.

justine
#20 Posted : 10/14/2010 2:26:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also simply hold your nose Smile
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

12NEXT