We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Fully psychedelic Caapi-only brew Options

Skizm
#1 Posted : 9/22/2010 1:21:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This will be my first time taking Aya and while I want to familiarize myself with the physical effects that caapi introduces I also want to familiarize myself with the psychedelic effects. I was thinking of starting with an 80g caapi only dose. Comments por favor?
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Once
#2 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:05:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Skizm,

80g sounds like a good dose to me. I've just started experimenting myself, 50g was nice but not quite enough, and 100g was awesome but maybe a little much. Safe travels, report back!

Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Skizm
#3 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:20:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Once wrote:
Skizm,

80g sounds like a good dose to me. I've just started experimenting myself, 50g was nice but not quite enough, and 100g was awesome but maybe a little much. Safe travels, report back!

Once

Appreciate it Once!
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

fraterS.O.L.
#4 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:25:49 AM

Bill Nye

I'm about to try 90 tomorrow so lets all compare results!
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

Skizm
#5 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:36:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fraterS.O.L. wrote:
I'm about to try 90 tomorrow so lets all compare results!

Please write a report! My experience won't be until close to Thanksgiving.

-Mi padre

fraterS.O.L.
#6 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:53:39 AM

Bill Nye

Definately. I've been wanting to for a couple of days now but stuff kept coming up. I'm going to do it in the morning or early afternoon so I can get the caapi only experience, then pharma in the evening. I love the equinox!
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

dragon-n
#7 Posted : 9/22/2010 5:52:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i read a lot of people saying 50 grams was a good starter so i started with that.
it was yellow caapi, and quite potent.
it ended up being a terribly uncomfortable overdose. incapacitating dizziness, extreme nausea, getting crazier spins than if i'd drank 2 gallons of vodka!!!....just harmala overload.
if you are not sensitive than 50-80 will be no problem.
but if you are, 80 grams sounds quite close to a nightmare.
i say start slower, you never know how you're gonna react if you've never taken it before.

Once
#8 Posted : 9/22/2010 3:06:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What he said! Dragon has a good point. 50g wasnt enough for me, but you never know. I certainly didnt regret starting low. Good Advice.
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

fraterS.O.L.
#9 Posted : 9/22/2010 5:01:03 PM

Bill Nye

Thanks guys. I have decided to take half, wait a while and take the other. I'm currently at the stove doing the final reduction. See you on the other side.
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

Skizm
#10 Posted : 9/22/2010 7:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fraterS.O.L. wrote:
Thanks guys. I have decided to take half, wait a while and take the other. I'm currently at the stove doing the final reduction. See you on the other side.

Aweeeeeeeesome, have fun!

Quick question, how much do y'all cook at a time? Don't have the funds to order several pounds.

-Mi padre

dragon-n
#11 Posted : 9/22/2010 7:31:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Skizm wrote:
Quick question, how much do y'all cook at a time? Don't have the funds to order several pounds.

i only make up one dose at a time (20-25 grams gets me there). but that's cos i don't take caapi very often.
i also don't boil it as long as most people here so it's not like i'm sitting at the stove ALL DAY.
i do 2 boils at 1 1/2 hours each, so it's not so bad to just make up a quick brew the night before.
some people advise 3 x 3 hour boils. that just seems like overkill to me. Confused

Skizm
#12 Posted : 9/22/2010 7:56:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragon-n wrote:
Skizm wrote:

i only make up one dose at a time (20-25 grams gets me there). but that's cos i don't take caapi very often.
i also don't boil it as long as most people here so it's not like i'm sitting at the stove ALL DAY.
i do 2 boils at 1 1/2 hours each, so it's not so bad to just make up a quick brew the night before.
some people advise 3 x 3 hour boils. that just seems like overkill to me. Confused

What size pot?

-Mi padre

dragon-n
#13 Posted : 9/22/2010 8:52:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What size pot?

i have a stainless steel pot that holds maybe 2 quarts of water.
you only need enough size to put a couple handfuls of bark with water covering it...most sizes should do.
i think there are restrictions as to which kinds of metals not to use. i know aluminum is one people should NEVER use with anything cos it leaches metal into your food. no non-stick pots either, which leach plastic into your food.
probably a good quality stainless steel is your best bet...you can get them cheap anywhere.

jamie
#14 Posted : 9/23/2010 2:36:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

dragon-n wrote:
Skizm wrote:

My last brew I did 6 boils each 2-3 hours..when I usually only do 3 boils..trust me its not overkill..Its the sam batch of vine I used last time I brewed with 3 boils only..except this brew is much much stronger..and more bitter as well. I have brewed alot of ayahuasca over the last year and this is definatily the strongest brew ive made..30-35g worth of the caapi is like 50-60g worth of my other brews. Takes alot of time and energ to brew it, but I brew many doses up at once now and store it in a glass bottle in the frigde. The DMT also seems much more active in this brew, even though I used the same ammount of mimosa..but that is probly due to the extra harmala..I think 1 boil is prob enough with mimosa, but I brew both ingrediants together.
Long live the unwoke.

fraterS.O.L.
#15 Posted : 10/15/2010 3:59:52 PM

Bill Nye

Sorry I never got back to you guys on my experience but I haven't had one yet... I've found it very dificult to decant the brew without getting the sludge to just folluw the liquid right into my glass... any advise? I'm about ready to just gulp it down. I've had it frozen for a few weeks, that shouldn't hurt it right?
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ms_manic_minxx
#16 Posted : 10/15/2010 4:48:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can totally ingest the sludge! The taste will be more intense, but so will the effects. Wink
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

soulfood
#17 Posted : 10/15/2010 4:52:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've recently converted from a crystal clear triple filtered fridge decanting brew drinker to a sludge swilling maniac. It certainly is a lot more potent as can be told just by the initial taste, but also a bitch to keep down. But it's the cleanest purge I've ever felt. It just comes right out in the short trip to the bathroom and then doesn't repeat on me. I swear it looks like I'm purging the entire brew, but still feeling it harder than ever before.

fraterS.O.L.
#18 Posted : 10/15/2010 5:28:28 PM

Bill Nye

How long do I need to hold it down? My previous Aya experiences were all semi-duds because I purged within 30 minutes. An hour or so?
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ms_manic_minxx
#19 Posted : 10/15/2010 5:51:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes it can hit really fast, but an hour should be good.

Maybe try some ginger tea beforehand for the stomach?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Malaclypse
#20 Posted : 10/15/2010 6:46:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm assuming that if you are typically starting to feel the caapi effects before you purge it probably is enough right Minxx?

In SWIM's caapi only experience it came on pretty quick, starting at least within 10 minutes and building up pretty steadily. Purge started at ~30 minutes but the effects kept building and lasted 4-5 hours with purging the whole time from a ~40g dose of 50/50 yellow/fresh cielo due to a mix-up in the final phase of reducing. He is going to try again soon with another caapi only dose after he did some further decanting and reduction. Although it was still a nice experience he would enjoy a little less nausea. He used to purge from Mushrooms and even LSD so he is quite used to it, but those were more a one bout of purging and then all clear from there.

12NEXT