We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ayahuasca and benzodiazepines Options

omega-scar
#1 Posted : 9/21/2010 12:32:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does Ayahuasca interact in any potentially dangerous way with low doses of Clonazepam ? (a benzodiazepine)

Thank you.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 9/21/2010 12:39:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

If you are asking 'Is the combination of MAOIs and benzodiazepines dangerous?' then the answer is no; I suspect it would be a nice combination and benzos with LSD/psilocybin/mescaline/vaporised DMT goes very well indeed!Very happy
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Infinite I
#3 Posted : 9/21/2010 5:12:29 PM

JC

Seems like its kinda going against the grain taking benzos with psychedelics, it would dull the experience. I remember a friend had some valium and we thought oh we could take some then it would give us lots of dutch courage to smoke lots of spice, well it did and we cant remeber a thing, totally pointless. taking them to get a sleep yes but combining them with any psychs seems like a total waste of time imo

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 9/21/2010 6:02:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Infinite I- I think the combination does work well provided your dose of benzos is small-for clonazepam I reckon about 0.5mg only would be ok and it wont dull the experience if the dose of psychedelic is of sufficient quantity.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

omega-scar
#5 Posted : 9/21/2010 10:30:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM became so afraid of the spice, that he did not do it for the past few weeks at all, so last night he took 2 mg Clonazepam (which has about 15 hours half-life) and obviously the next day he was a little bit dreamy...not really sedated but kinda chilled-out and he suddenly felt the moment is right somehow to smoke spice, so that's why he asked the question. He did not do ayahuasca, but smoked some DMT, but there was a somewhat 'dulled-down'/'dumbed' feeling to it. Also he indeed like some other poster sayd, found it much more difficult to remebmer. But it was nice.

DeMenTed
#6 Posted : 9/21/2010 11:52:16 PM

Barry

Ive never had aya but i have had benzos and vaped spice. It definitely does reduce the anxiety of entering into a journey.

I took 10mg of diazepam around half an hour befre a 70mg spice trip and i can say it was truly amazing! No fear at all and one of the best journeys ive ever had!

I wouldn't recommend this to inexperienced benzo users though as benzos affect different people in different ways.

Stay safe nexians Smile

camdemonium
#7 Posted : 9/22/2010 12:16:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you can't handle the trip, stay in reality!

Why do people continue to choke the divine power of entheogens with benzos??????

If you're supposed to freak out, then FREAK OUT and live with it, my worst trips have turned out to be the best in the long run.
Om Mani Padme Hum

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 9/22/2010 1:20:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^What this guy said. Cool

DeMenTed
#9 Posted : 9/22/2010 1:25:14 AM

Barry

i also agree with above comment ^^^^ Smile

fraterS.O.L.
#10 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:30:38 AM

Bill Nye

^^^^Definately. Benzos are good if you can't sleep tho. When I used to take 'em I found it took much more psychedelics to get where I wanted/needed to be.
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

Ice House
#11 Posted : 9/22/2010 4:22:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

If you have taken LSD, shrooms, or pharma or any other hallucinogen for that matter and you would like to terminate the voyage benzos will do it and they have the potential to do it pretty quick. If you are having a bad trip they work great for aborting it. I have quite a bit of experience with this. I have aborted bad trips several times. Benzos have pulled me out of more than one very bad situation.

I would never recconmend taking them with any hallucinogen unless you would like to dullen or lessen the effects of that trip even in low doses. They dont increase or even enhance the effects of hallucinogens at all.IME.

They are great for lessening the anxiety, that is true. Thats what they are designed to do thats what they are perscribed to do, a benzo is anti anxiety medicine. If you are suffering from anxiety before you voyage on any hallucinogen I would reccomend an MAOI before a Benzo. I would also reccomend meditation.

Other than to abort a bad trip. I cant see any benefits to taking any benzos before or with any hallucinogen. IMO
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

corpus callosum
#12 Posted : 9/22/2010 5:25:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Its a fine balancing act, combining benzos with psychedelics but particularly with vaporised DMT because benzos cause a degree of amnesia which is an inherent feature of vaped DMT on its own.

Clonazepam is a seriously potent benzo with 2mg= 20mg diazepam(oral) with a little less drowsiness but similar anxiolytic effects.

Ice House
#13 Posted : 9/22/2010 9:52:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:

Clonazepam is a seriously potent benzo with 2mg= 20mg diazepam(oral) with a little less drowsiness but similar anxiolytic effects.

I'm familliar with it, I have a script for Clonazepam, 2mg pills. I would never compare what 2mg of Clonazapam does to me to what 20mg diazapam does to me. I think there is a big difference in these two medications. I do know that 4-6 mg of Clonazapam will completely abort/terminate any intense psychedelic hell ride. Usually if chewed up and taken sublingually it will kill a bad trip in about :20 minutes. If you like to flirt with very high doses from time to time these benzos are great to have around.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

corpus callosum
#14 Posted : 9/23/2010 6:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

You are right IH,having some some potent benzos can be a life (or sanity-)saver!Diazepam is much more sedating but if one were to have a clonazepam habit the equipotent dose of diazepam is as mentioned above.In fact, some say clonazepam is even more potent than I suggested.My figures come from the British National Formulary which is a pretty reliable source!Smile

Uiui
#15 Posted : 10/2/2010 4:45:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried benzo when I was younger, nothing I really liked about it. But I think benzo and psychedelics are somehow against each other. Benzo build more boundries in your mind while psychedelics dissolves them. Like somebody else wrote in this thread... If you freak out, have fears etc. then youre supposed to have them.
Dont think its a good combo, I would atleast not recommend it to anyone.
its too dangerous to let anyone feel better, then everyone's going to want to feel better and society depends on suffering so that can't happen

hydrocarbon
#16 Posted : 10/5/2010 3:52:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mixing 1.5mg alprazolam and 25g MHRB was by far the smoothest experience I have had. However, I feel like it definitely lacked something: the profound sense of spiritual revelation was absent. Sure, there was no fear whatsoever, but I realized afterward that fear during an experience is not something that necessarily needs to be avoided, and is a vital component of realizing the areas of the psyche which need healing the most. Also, I cannot recall some of the more subtle details of the experience. This is not to say that I did not learn a great deal from the experience, but I feel the potential was greatly diminished. Then again, my motivation for this at the time was to provide a more recreational experience than spiritual. If one's intent is to enjoy the visions without the distractions of inner personal growth, this is a valid path to pursue.

My advice is, if you feel the need to reduce anxiety during the experience, to go very light on the dose of anxiolytic. 0.5 mg alprazolam, 5mg diazepam, or 0.5 mg clonazepam would probably allow for reduction in anxiety without much inhibition of benefits. This is speculation, however, as I have not combined the two since Smile
Hydrocarbon is indeed a real person existing in real time. However, Hydrocarbon is actually a proxy for another individual, Nemano, that lives outside the realm of current Terran laws and regulations. All posts made by Hydrocarbon in which "I", "me", and other references to himself are the voice of Nemano speaking digitally through Hydrocarbon. Any illicit, immoral, or otherwise questionable behavior that Hydrocarbon appears to be admitting to are actually the actions of Nemano.

Occasionally, Hydrocarbon has been known to inject his twisted sense of humor into Nemano's words, but anything stated that was particularly witty or insightful was most likely not the result of Hydrocarbon's intellect.

Ice House
#17 Posted : 10/5/2010 5:17:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Attempting to reduce the anxiety by taking bezos before entering into hyperspace really takes away from the experience. Anxiety is part of the voyage.

Face the fear. Take the pain.

Why is there a need to dullen your senses before you ingest a psychedelic that wants to do the exact opposite of a benzo.

Come on folks. What is the disconnect here? This isnt about doing drugs. Sorry if I sound like I'm going off, but I just dont get it.

Dont be a wuss! The only way the DMT experience or the ayahuasca experience is going to help you with your accute vaginitis is to respect the spice! Voyage. Face your fears.

Read through the FAQs here at the Nexus. The FAQs were put together by a collective of individuals that have allot of experience on this subject matter. The information was compiled to help you the reader to have the very most beneficial DMT experience possible. No where in these FAQs does it mention using CNS depessants to help you cope with anxiety and fear to get through the experience. Anxiety and fear are part of the process.

WTF?

Spend less time worrying about how to chemically alter yourself so you can not be afraid of the experience and spend more time in meditation and relaxation and you will benefit from the experience.

This is a very strange concept. Disturbing actually.

People want to ingest a substance that will take them to the beginning of time, to the ends of the universe and everywhere in between, and thats not even scratching the surface, but people are scared to do it so they are going to ingest another substance to take away their fears and in the process kill an important part of the experience that they were originally attempting to have?

Be real people. This is not what the DMT/aya experience is about. If you need to dope up in order to cope, you dont belong here. Your not ready for hyperspace. Stay away.

corpus callosum
#18 Posted : 10/5/2010 11:19:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Without a doubt, the most rewarding psychedelic experiences are without anxiolytics being taken beforehand-the joy of conquering the fear which is inevitable when journeying in these realms is dulled by benzos.But for some people, reducing the pre-flight anxiety may allow them to go for it without such agents at a later stage.