We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hppd Options

Rove
#1 Posted : 9/21/2010 10:01:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello swimers
Is there anybody out there who have hpp ? can you tell how did you got your hpp and how are you living with it ?Swim got his after taking Ayahuasca .

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/21/2010 11:24:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Self-diagnosis or did you go to a doctor? What are the symptoms? How do you know its ayahuasca that caused it? Did you take any other drugs in life? Is it possible other drugs were actually the culprits and ayahuasca just made you realize it? Is it possible its not HPPD but rather normal perceptual phenomenons that we are not usually aware of but that psychedelics makes us aware?

I think too many people are very quick to self-diagnose and blame one or another factor without considering all the possible variables involved, and all this self-diagnosis is actually a disservice to accurate information.

I suggest you also take a look at this post, there is the link to some scientific investigation publication regarding hppd and so-called 'flashbacks'

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 9/21/2010 12:42:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Great reply endlessness-its certainly ill-advised to self diagnose.As they say the doctor who treats himself has a fool as a patient and I guess the exact opposite applies!Confused
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

ayahuascan
#4 Posted : 9/21/2010 2:28:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

are they almost as intense as taking the brew itself?
to make this mundane world sublime, take half a gram of phanerothyme.. to fathom hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic..

Rove
#5 Posted : 9/21/2010 3:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No they aren't when eyes closed i had more intense visuals than usual when eyes open sometimes when i look at some object i can see like shadow of that object apearing in corner of eye but when i try to look directly at it it disappears .I smoked the cannabis before the use of ayahuasca but after i drank ayahuasca i stoped smoking it completly ayahuasca made me think diferently about cannabis and its abuse actually it changed my whole view on psychedelics .

ayahuascan
#6 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:18:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont really know if thats hppd but it is what it is and what you described is quite a common experience amongst many i suppose. it happens to swim oev at times when awaken after a dream or even after consuming other actives. other times when concentrating super hard with a bit of luck.

goodluck
to make this mundane world sublime, take half a gram of phanerothyme.. to fathom hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic..

Electric.Sight
#7 Posted : 9/24/2010 6:22:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have had what I am fairly certain is HPPD for 2 years now.
I have not seen a doctor to prove it, but chances are they couldn't accurately diagnose something like that anyway.
It's basically like an extremely mild visual trip constantly.

At first it was somewhat difficult, but once I got used to it I loved seeing beautiful fractals everywhere I looked.
It did not effect my actual vision, as recent eye tests have proven my vision is still 20/20.

As for what caused it; it happened after taking some bitter tabs that I'm not so sure was really acid.
There was a 2h come-up period and effects lasting longer than 12h. Effects seemed like a "dirty" acid if that makes sense?
I have had real acid before as well so I can compare.

Phenethylamines and LSD make it a lot worse in my case, Tryptamines not so much.
Tryptamines do effect it, but in a more positive way, I like my vision changes after taking tryptamines!Very happy
Cannabis also makes it quite a bit worse in my experience.

On top of that, I get significant visual effects with lower doses of psychedelics than in the past. Of course psychedelics aren't only about the visuals but it's still pretty convenient!

I haven't really had a break from psychs lasting longer than a few months so no clue how long it's going to take to remove the HPPD. I suspect it would take a year or more, but I don't know.

endlessness wrote:
Is it possible its not HPPD but rather normal perceptual phenomenons that we are not usually aware of but that psychedelics makes us aware?

I've been thinking something similar too, objects look less solid and more energetic, vibrating slowly.
Fractals in nature stand out like never before, maybe there's something to this!Wink
I know I rather enjoy my visual changes.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Ur
#8 Posted : 9/25/2010 12:43:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed much the same sort of thing as Electric.Sight talks about. Ever since I ate a bunch of tabs last year, I've been able to do this and others who ate the same ones can too. I can actually stare at an object and make it appear to breathe or bend. Sometimes other people who have taken psychedelics notice the bending.

Cabyz
#9 Posted : 9/25/2010 1:35:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I too can do this. Most likely a side effect of doing DXM almost every day for months. It never bothers me, I find it quite entertaining when there's nothing else to do actually.

I can seem to make objects morph. Grow, shrink, ripple, and the likes. I can also remove them from my vision completely sometimes Cool .
All posts and or comments made by the one known as "Cabyz" are merely delusions of a madman. Nothing he posts is of relevance to anything in the real world, and any persons he may refer to, including himself, are all figments of his imagination, and do not exist. Cabyz does not condone of these individuals actions either. There's more to life than meets the eye. Set yourself free from your physical body, and explore the depths of your MIND

Ur
#10 Posted : 9/25/2010 3:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shocked I've never made 'em disappear! Thanks for the tip!!! Like thats pretty paradigm shifting... Also helps me understand jottles.

eyorca
#11 Posted : 9/25/2010 7:08:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well, it's great right?? being more aware of the innerworkings of your perception mapping its reality??: D sometimes i think the word is just an excuse to feel bad about yourself.. i would wager that even the most conservative old person has "Hppd".. even if they'd never admit it..: )

~~but then also,, because we have a word for it people that have it can tell you why it's actually awesome and nothing to be ashamed of so it's okay: D~~

Strange Gray Static Mayan Pattern
#12 Posted : 9/25/2010 7:41:50 PM

Nameless

I've had heavy tracers for months, and sometimes a pulsating moving pattern in the center of my vision. It was worse when anxious. Also had DP/DR to some degree, specially when exposed to fluorescent lights. Probably 2C-E or MDMA triggered it, but a shitload of substances have gone through my brain, so whatever.

I wasn't diagnosed, but learned to live with it. I didn't do drugs for about 18-24 months other than cannabis, JWHs, nitrous oxide, salvia (no alcohol), basically I restricted my consumption to the ones that didn't seem to worsen my suspected HPPD. Anxiety and DP/DR disappeared rather fast, visual disturbances eventually fade off. Right now I can't really say if my vision is OK or if it is altered, I studied so many entoptic phenomenons I can't be sure if my visual cortex is nuts or completely normal. So, why bother?

When doing short acting psychedelics (salvia, 5-MeO, DMT) I don't get any residual effects other than the expected. With LSD, shrooms, 2C-*, my perception is off for a few days, but no big deal.

Hope my experience helps.
DMT T-Shirts, badges, mugs...
Comments by SGSMP are fantastic fabrications.

mumbles
#13 Posted : 10/3/2010 6:43:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't stress too much about HPPD. Swim had it for a few weeks after some experiments with LSA and mushrooms. It will most likely go away over time and if it doesn't, hey, make the best of it. Continuing with psychedelic drugs even cannabis will prolong the HPPD.