We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
doping plants Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 6/14/2008 3:12:01 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

another idea swim had was adding tryptamine sol'n to plants such as chacruna. there is a paper or two out there that describes how dmt containing plants increased yields when given a solution containing tryptamine hcl. even if the sol'n has unconverted tryptophan, it may still work.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#2 Posted : 6/14/2008 3:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

what was the actual increase in the yield?

benzyme
#3 Posted : 6/14/2008 5:26:09 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I'll have to look for the paper, it might've even been posted on this board. I believe it was something like 36% avg.
*edit* perhaps I'm thinking of the fungi, there is one discussing adding these things to the substrate.

check out the paper "N,N-Dimethyltryptamine production in Phalaris Aquatica seedlings". it's in the 'more papers' thread. excellent paper, they discuss using tryptophan as a substrate. these divine plants express both tryptophan decarboxylase and tryptamine n-methyltransferase.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

burnt
#4 Posted : 6/14/2008 5:59:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool will do. while it certainly makes sense that a plant could make more of a substance if more of its precursors are around, this kind of increase can in many cases be limited by other factors. however if it works in those cases then it works in those cases cool. its certainly worth looking more into.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 6/14/2008 6:02:07 PM

analytical chemist

indeed.
the trick is adding an optimal conc, as inhibition occurs with too high a concentration.
it does make sense that production of these n-methylated compounds would inhibit production of other functional plant compounds.
following the logic of gramine function, they might just be defensive compounds as well.

burnt
#6 Posted : 6/14/2008 7:03:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
following the logic of gramine function, they might just be defensive compounds as well.

i would love to know the effect of these compounds on lets say insects or other herbiverous creatures the plant is interacting with. imagine DMT the next best pesticide haha that would be ironic.