We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
whats difference between 5-meo-dmt and other dmts? Options

chraheezie
#1 Posted : 9/20/2010 8:45:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

just wondering what the difference between 5-meo-dmt and other dmts are? experiences, doses, taste, potency?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Shayku
#2 Posted : 9/20/2010 8:49:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5-meo doses are somewhere around a 10th of NN doses. 5-meo causes little or no visuals, Terrence McKenna described it as "a feeling". NN is intensely visual. I don't know about the taste, I've never tried 5-meo.
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

picatris
#3 Posted : 9/20/2010 10:13:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5-MeO-DMT has nothing to do with anything else. By the way, pick up TiHKAL, or read it online on erowid, to find out how every *DMT is different from each other.

This said, 5-MeO-DMT smells more or less the same and has perhaps the same taste as DMT. I say perhaps, because I have not tasted it directly, just with some sub-lingual experiences, where I tried as much as possible not to taste it.

As for effects, as I mentioned, nothing compares to it. It is 3x-10x stronger than DMT but it is highly variable from person to person. For many people it is not as visual, but is much more mind-blowing. the term "white-out" applies to the 5-MeO-DMT experience. It is, IMO, a much deeper experience than DMT. With DMT you are still a prisoner of the realm of form and words and meanings, with 5-MeO-DMT you just experience the Divine White Brilliance and words are not capable to even convene a simple idea of what happens. On the other hand, reports of bad trips and of things going SERIOUSLY wrong are much more common on 5-MeO-DMT. The body load can be considerable and there is a not small chance of you pass out and, in your unconsciousness, do things to hurt your self or others, scream, and so on. So it is IMPERATIVE to have a sitter on your first sessions

hope this helps

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

endlessness
#4 Posted : 9/20/2010 10:39:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

they are very different substances..

DMT, or N,N-DMT (the NN stands for the position of the methyl groups in the molecule).

5-MeO-DMT

As you can see, they are chemically different, 5-MeO means it has a methoxy group in the 5 position. Small molecular changes can result in completely different pharmacological properties. As it has been said, by weight, 5-meo-dmt is much more potent, but its effects are qualitatively different. I tried 5-MeO-DMT twice and didnt really enjoy it, it was very disphoric, not visual. Felt really weird, like a Void of some sort. DMT is utterly visual, beautiful beyond words. Maybe there are other ways of consuming 5-MeO that are better appart from smoking, but there is also some concern of 5-MeO-DMT's safety in oral dosaging, it may be significantly more toxic.

There are other "DMTs" (though that isnt a very good way of saying it), such as for example:

5-HO-DMT (Bufotenine)

4-HO-DMT (psilocin)

4-PO-DMT (psilocybin)

They are all quite different, as you must know. Do check erowid and google and this very page for more info on each one of them. Do not think that just because they have 'dmt' in their molecular formula they can be considered equivalent.

Shayku
#5 Posted : 9/20/2010 10:46:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, another note - when people say "DMT", it's usually short for NN-DMT.
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 9/20/2010 10:56:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They are VERY different substances. Comparing smoking them both pure, DMT as already described is intensely visual and very beautiful but at times, for me at least, can feel really menacing and icy. Got to be honest though I'm not sure I experience much euphoria on smoked DMT, but I definitely experience awe.

My one powerful smoked 5-Meo-DMT experience was incredible. It is much more potent weight for weight than DMT as already mentioned, so one must be VERY careful when preparing a dose. I might be a freak in some way but I found it a much more warm, cosy, cosmic-consciousness type experience than DMT. I also found 5-Meo to be MUCH more intoxicating than DMT, where I feel remarkably clear even when I'm far 'out there'. It felt like I was plunged underwater, MASSIVE, heavy intoxication, and I evaporated into this nebulae of white light, and experienced pure oneness and absolute, pure ecstasy beyond anything I think I could have conceived of...'euphoria' doesn't cut it. A few black and while fractals, but they weren't important compared to this pure oneness...it’s not all about the visual fireworks. 5-Meo DEFINITELY has more of a body load than DMT (raised pulse, blood pressure, nausea), but I still think it was worth the experience. Oh and you must surrender to it completely. I look forward to exploring this substance more in the future.

ubu
#7 Posted : 9/24/2010 9:35:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First time SWIM smoked 10gr 10mg 5-MEO-DMT. He felt so nauseous and his body so numb that he began to pray in the hope that everything ended well. Suddenly his mind began to wander through a variety of subjects and he began to feel very, very relaxed in a way that he had never felt before.

Without visuals, he felt disoriented for a moment, wondering if the effects were over. He tried to get up and realized that his body responded as if he were drunk. He lay down and waited another 10 minutes before getting up again. Latter, he got sleep with a strong feeling of hangover. Next day he woke up with great disposition. His day was of intense communication and a very unusual creativity.

He never tried smoking such dosage again.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 9/24/2010 9:41:30 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

ubu wrote:
First time SWIM smoked 10gr 5-MEO-DMT.

Shocked.........mg, perhaps?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ubu
#9 Posted : 9/24/2010 9:49:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ooops! Thank you for pointing that.

If it were "gr" I would not be here anymore! Shocked
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.