We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
How long should I hold down the brew? Options

olympus mon
#41 Posted : 10/1/2010 8:16:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

UIUI- i hear and feel your frustrations brother, ive been there many times. it sucks wasting all that time money and energy in the brew, fasted and restrict diet, plan the whole night only to have a misfire. it really sucks but......
HANG IN THERE!!! once you get off, none of this will matter.
i agree with you and everyone, scrap these shitty supplies and start over with a reliable source. id also agree that chacruna is way too expensive, inconsistent and i cant even remember one report of a person learning ayahuasca having good results with it. i know i didn't, wasted a bunch of time and money and i doubt ill even bother with the other 40g i have.

mhrb is the way to go for myself on many others. its cheap, so potent that even if its a bit weak its not an issue because it takes so little. just drink another gram or so.
yes mimosa is what you would call full spectrum, its not like using nn-dmt fumerate or freebase as an admixture. there are many jungle alkaloids in the root bark for sure!!

POLYTRIP- do you or other people really take up to 10g of mimosa?!!! that sounds incredible to me. im as hard a nut to crack open as ive ever met and mimosa really kicks my butt!Laughing im not doubting you at all good sir i just have always read doses between 1-5g with 5 being for the very, very experienced.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Uiui
#42 Posted : 10/1/2010 8:56:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
UIUI- i hear and feel your frustrations brother, ive been there many times. it sucks wasting all that time money and energy in the brew, fasted and restrict diet, plan the whole night only to have a misfire. it really sucks but......
HANG IN THERE!!! once you get off, none of this will matter.
i agree with you and everyone, scrap these shitty supplies and start over with a reliable source. id also agree that chacruna is way too expensive, inconsistent and i cant even remember one report of a person learning ayahuasca having good results with it. i know i didn't, wasted a bunch of time and money and i doubt ill even bother with the other 40g i have.

mhrb is the way to go for myself on many others. its cheap, so potent that even if its a bit weak its not an issue because it takes so little. just drink another gram or so.
yes mimosa is what you would call full spectrum, its not like using nn-dmt fumerate or freebase as an admixture. there are many jungle alkaloids in the root bark for sure!!

POLYTRIP- do you or other people really take up to 10g of mimosa?!!! that sounds incredible to me. im as hard a nut to crack open as ive ever met and mimosa really kicks my butt!Laughing im not doubting you at all good sir i just have always read doses between 1-5g with 5 being for the very, very experienced.

You always use MHRB in your brews? How to you prepare it ? Or do you go from a recipe? I read somewhere that it dont work with powdered MHRB but thats what I got, does it still work? Would be glad if you could help me out.
Yeah its really expensive, I was happy that I had cutted down on my expenses and now im just ordering alot of materials for ayahuasca brews.Sad
its too dangerous to let anyone feel better, then everyone's going to want to feel better and society depends on suffering so that can't happen

ms_manic_minxx
#43 Posted : 10/1/2010 9:12:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always recommend starting with Caapi only and finding exactly how much Caapi *alone* is required to produce a visionary experience: there are unmistakable telltale signs of harmala intoxication that will signal you've taken a sufficient dose of Caapi. This can include stoning of the CNS, feeling drunk, dizzy, cold, tremors, tracers, auditory and visual hallucinations. Once you find your sweet spot with the Caapi, it's easy to figure out how much admixture is necessary. If you cannot get this experience from Caapi, I would look into your methods or preparation or source materials.

Cheers. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

olympus mon
#44 Posted : 10/1/2010 9:12:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

no problems using powdered mhrb at all. its very common. the only thing you have to do different from whole root bark would be to brew it separately from your caapi. this is becasue you CANT drink the mimosas sediment like you can the caapi.
make sure you decant the mimosas tea at least 24 hours and discard the sludge. i do the freeze precipitation method along with my caapi.
i dont think mhrb needs to be boiled as long as caapi vine. ive heard of people having good results from just a quick boil of 30 min if its in powder form. i just brew it along side my caapi but usually only for 2 washes of a couple hours each. so id say i did about 2x2 hour boils, combined washes and reduced. i think when its in powder form it shouldn't take much cooking to get the active alkaloids out but what the hell im by the stove all day anyway.

Uiui
#45 Posted : 10/3/2010 11:33:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info!

So last night I took the same shitty caapi only this time I took 230g with 50g chacruna. I dont think the chacruna worked but the vine was much much stronger this time. Alot of color flashes appeared infront of me very fast, and I feelt like I could hear it when they came? Not quite sure. And a had very little dreamy visions. And I feelt that time had speeded up. I felt very nausea and my heart rate was really high I think but when I tryed to feel my heart I couldnt. maybe because my hands were numb. I think it was a little intensive or is this normal when you trip on ayahuasca? Next time I will do it with MHRB Very happy
its too dangerous to let anyone feel better, then everyone's going to want to feel better and society depends on suffering so that can't happen

olympus mon
#46 Posted : 10/3/2010 6:24:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uiui wrote:
Thanks for the info!

So last night I took the same shitty caapi only this time I took 230g with 50g chacruna. I dont think the chacruna worked but the vine was much much stronger this time. Alot of color flashes appeared infront of me very fast, and I felt like I could hear it when they came? Not quite sure. And a had very little dreamy visions. And I feelt that time had speedup. I felt very nausea and my heart rate was really high I think but when I tryed to feel my heart I couldnt. maybe because my hands were numb. I think it was a little intensive or is this normal when you trip on ayahuasca? Next time I will do it with MHRB Very happy

nothing you stated sounds outside the realm of a solid caapi only experience to me. do you remember if you were shivering at any point? the increased heart rate sounds like the chacruna was having some effect possibly. i think this because i usually get that wired feeling form oral dmt but not from caapi only.

holy shit!!!! 230g!!! thats sounds crazy but obviously your vine is very weak so do what you gotta do my friend.Very happy your making progress after all.

jamie
#47 Posted : 10/3/2010 6:34:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"So last night I took the same shitty caapi only this time I took 230g with 50g chacruna."

haha..well..ok...good to know you at least have some level of respect for these things...good luck with that. wouldnt put anthng I thought was "shitty" into my body these days.
Long live the unwoke.

Uiui
#48 Posted : 10/3/2010 7:04:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
Uiui wrote:
Thanks for the info!

So last night I took the same shitty caapi only this time I took 230g with 50g chacruna. I dont think the chacruna worked but the vine was much much stronger this time. Alot of color flashes appeared infront of me very fast, and I felt like I could hear it when they came? Not quite sure. And a had very little dreamy visions. And I feelt that time had speedup. I felt very nausea and my heart rate was really high I think but when I tryed to feel my heart I couldnt. maybe because my hands were numb. I think it was a little intensive or is this normal when you trip on ayahuasca? Next time I will do it with MHRB Very happy

nothing you stated sounds outside the realm of a solid caapi only experience to me. do you remember if you were shivering at any point? the increased heart rate sounds like the chacruna was having some effect possibly. i think this because i usually get that wired feeling form oral dmt but not from caapi only.

holy shit!!!! 230g!!! thats sounds crazy but obviously your vine is very weak so do what you gotta do my friend.Very happy your making progress after all.

I was shivering a litte in some point of the night. But it wasnt so much. It took about 2hours 15mins for it to kick in. Im so happy it finally worked Smile

fractal enchantment wrote:
"So last night I took the same shitty caapi only this time I took 230g with 50g chacruna."

haha..well..ok...good to know you at least have some level of respect for these things...good luck with that. wouldnt put anthng I thought was "shitty" into my body these days.

Shitty in the sense that the vine barely worked. I have respect for psychedelics I think. Wink

olympus mon
#49 Posted : 10/3/2010 7:23:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats interesting you stated that it took 2.5 hours to kick in. i have had this happen to me as well. keep that in mind when your using the admixture. i made the mistake of drinking more and more mimosa because i wasnt feeling anything after almost 2 hours.
it turned out ok in the end but it was too much mimosa for me. i should have just waited longer and would have been in the sweet spot.

polytrip
#50 Posted : 10/3/2010 7:31:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
olympus mon wrote:
thats interesting you stated that it took 2.5 hours to kick in. i have had this happen to me as well. keep that in mind when your using the admixture. i made the mistake of drinking more and more mimosa because i wasnt feeling anything after almost 2 hours.
it turned out ok in the end but it was too much mimosa for me. i should have just waited longer and would have been in the sweet spot.

Ayahuasca has an unpredictable dimension to it. The strangest and most spectacular thing in this regard that ever happened to me was when i took ayahuasca, and it started working literally within seconds. It hit me almost liked vaporised DMT that time. The longest time it ever took for me to start working was 90 minutes. It's never a standard-experience, just never.

jamie
#51 Posted : 10/4/2010 12:37:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I can always always ALWAYS feel it hitting within 5 minutes.
Long live the unwoke.

olympus mon
#52 Posted : 10/4/2010 4:17:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:

Ayahuasca has an unpredictable dimension to it. The strangest and most spectacular thing in this regard that ever happened to me was when i took ayahuasca, and it started working literally within seconds. It hit me almost liked vaporised DMT that time. The longest time it ever took for me to start working was 90 minutes. It's never a standard-experience, just never.

that's great to know, i remember you saying something along these lines before in regards to the unpredictability of aya. its mind boggling to me how a potent 100g+addy 1oz shot of the brew in a totally empty stomach could take so long to come on. must be other things at play rather than just absorption and digestion. especially with your experience of instant effects like vaped dmt.
i will feel something within 1 hour but then it just stays like that forever. that's when i get myself into trouble. polytrip, in your opinion when do you say "ok i need to re-dose"?

the only time i shot up like a rocket was when i drank the sludge. that was like what fractal enchantment stated came on in 5 min and by 1 hour i was slayed out. but since i started really cleaning my brew it seems to take quite a while.

digital_phreedom
#53 Posted : 10/4/2010 6:28:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just thought I'd add to this:

A few nights ago I tried a brew made with 50g shredded white Caapi, and 50g Peruvian Chacruna, both ordered from Maya. I got the effects from the Caapi that I'm starting to become familiar with, but I had absolutely zero effects from the Chacruna. I think my brewing technique still needs some work, but I have had it work before, and Maya is a respectable vendor, so I think it's safe for me to say that the Chacruna was either fairly weak, or I have just require a higher oral dose of DMT... So yeah, maybe it's the Chacruna.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

olympus mon
#54 Posted : 10/4/2010 7:26:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

chacruna isnt winning any races on this thread thats for sure.Laughing

digital_phreedom
#55 Posted : 10/4/2010 8:28:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^

haha.. the first time i read that i thought you meant you had your Caapi while drunk.. like alcohol.. I was about to say whaaaa???

polytrip
#56 Posted : 10/4/2010 1:04:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
olympus mon wrote:

that's great to know, i remember you saying something along these lines before in regards to the unpredictability of aya. its mind boggling to me how a potent 100g+addy 1oz shot of the brew in a totally empty stomach could take so long to come on. must be other things at play rather than just absorption and digestion. especially with your experience of instant effects like vaped dmt.
i will feel something within 1 hour but then it just stays like that forever. that's when i get myself into trouble. polytrip, in your opinion when do you say "ok i need to re-dose"?

That's a difficult one. I would say that if you still don't feel ANYTHING after an hour you should redose. When it takes longer than an hour to come up, it's not that you wouldn't feel anything after that first hour. You should feel at least that something is coming...hard to describe but it's like you just know something is coming. You should feel SOMETHING and that something should be increasing, and it should keep increasing. If that isn't the case or if it flattens, than you can safely redose.

olympus mon
#57 Posted : 10/4/2010 8:50:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

digital_phreedom wrote:
Just thought I'd add to this:

A few nights ago I tried a brew made with 50g shredded white Caapi, and 50g Peruvian Chacruna, both ordered from Maya. I got the effects from the Caapi that I'm starting to become familiar with, but I had absolutely zero effects from the Chacruna. I think my brewing technique still needs some work, but I have had it work before, and Maya is a respectable vendor, so I think it's safe for me to say that the Chacruna was either fairly weak, or I have just require a higher oral dose of DMT... So yeah, maybe it's the Chacruna.

you know digi, i have read lots of reports of people drinking 50g chacruna and having no effects. from memory of reading past threads i know remember one fella talking about having good luck with chacruna his addy of choice and he was taking 1g caapi per 1.5g chacruna. something like 100g caapi and 150g chacruna. ***IM NOT SAYING ID TRY THIS JUST YET ##** just saying i wonder how much of the failed chacruna attempts are from under dosing and not from bunk leaves.

if you were to read all the reports on hear you would wonder why anyone uses chacruna!Laughing it seems quite elusive but worth it.

digital_phreedom
#58 Posted : 10/4/2010 10:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus:

Yeah.. now that I've been browsing a few more experiences, it does seem like chacruna seems to misfire quite a bit. It was recommended to me by some friends with 500+ aya experiences to start with chacruna before mimosa. They said it's more of a 'gentle spirit', and is can be much more forgiving than mimosa..

Plus I really like the idea of doing this as traditionally as possible, and as far as I know, Mimosa isn't a traditional admixture in the same was chacruna and chaliponga are used..

But yeah anyway.. I'm pretty sure the Chacruna was good. Or at least hoping so, because like I said, I got it from Maya.. I've been in touch with them through e-mail and they just seem like such great people. I told a gentleman there how much I enjoyed the HBWR seeds I ordered recently, and he offered to send me a few more grams of a new batch for free if I'd write a report for them! So I really like the people over there at maya.

Unfortunately, Chacruna can be expensive, and most of the recipes I've read only called for 50 grams, so that was all I ordered. So, at least for the time being, I'll be switching back to Mimosa for my next brews.

olympus mon
#59 Posted : 10/5/2010 2:59:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

digital_phreedom wrote:

Plus I really like the idea of doing this as traditionally as possible, and as far as I know, Mimosa isn't a traditional admixture in the same was chacruna and chaliponga are used..

i use to feel that way too. now not so muchWink . i did order some chaliponga from maya about 2 weeks ago. should be seeing that any day now.

i will be in Peru and South America for 4-6 months in 2011 so ill try fresh chacruna then. it just seems so up and down even if its active you have to use at least one dose as a "test drive" to see where the potency is at. unless of coarse you feel like rolling the dice and see if you come up heaven or hell. Laughing not for me, ive had bad trips and i try to avoid them at all costs.

my point being its not always easy to set aside a whole day and night to prepare my setting and self, drink, and journey. i try to make the most out of each ceremony and part of that includes accurate dosing. ive lay there on my back for hours of nothing more than a couple times. then have to wait another week and hopefully am able to make the time to try again.
do this for a month and well see if you still want to keep it traditional...Laughing j/k (i respect your choices)

digital_phreedom
#60 Posted : 10/5/2010 3:26:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^
I understand what you're saying... I would probably stick with 'traditional' options if I could afford it right now.. But after spending 24+ hours preparing for my last brew, only to get zero effects from the Chacruna, I found myself wishing I had at least brewed some Mimosa as well, "just in case". So, for the time being, I'm going to be sticking with Caapi/Mimosa teas. I will still make all I can out of the ritual itself. I spend a lot of time meditating and praying before partaking of the sacrament, so even though it's not all 'traditional', I'm sure I can still have very healing and spiritual experiences like that.

And dude, that's awesome you're heading to South America! I must say I'm a wee bit jealous, but already I'm waiting for you to get back so I can hear about your experiences! Haha.

PREV1234NEXT